Thread: Forum Down Time

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Down Time

Hey guys,

I want to appologize for brief periods of downtime. While growth is great, we may slowly be approaching the point of having to purchase a dedicated server. The tech for my host company believes the causes were due to spikes in traffic, and it's subsequent effect on MySQL, the database this forum uses. I will monitor the activity for a bit and see when that decision becomes a necessity.

-h2s

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... It wasn't just me, then. Growth IS good... and with it come a few growing pains. Keep us informed on this.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Brief periods of downtime" is no problem, its the quality of people here that keeps me here, not design or processing speed. Sometimes there is bit of inconvinience but thats compared to how much some arogant idiots can stress you out. HTS and guys, thanks for you efforts, I think if you get some sponsor company to pay for their banners or logo to cover for your expenses- would be fine. And if by any chance earn some money on top, I'll be glad- because you deserve it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    I think if you get some sponsor company to pay for their banners or logo to cover for your expenses- would be fine. And if by any chance earn some money on top, I'll be glad- because you deserve it.
    x2, very eloquently put.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Down Time

X3