Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max's update

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I took four years of French in High school over Spanish because I would go skiing in Quebec every January with my family on a yearly ski trip. Little did I know that the dialect between Canadian French and European French is so great it's almost it's own language. So, in four years, I've remembered one phrase. Nous allons a la plage.....yes, we are going to the beach.....public school at it's finest.
    A French architect I went on two dates with maybe 6 years ago said she didn’t like Quebec at all. She said it was because of their accents, and odd phrasing. Quebec inherited the French language as it was like 400 years ago, and it kept developing on its own unrelated path. Like how Latin split off into French, Italian, and Spanish.

She did have a beret, and of course she also smoked cigarettes.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    A French architect I went on two dates with maybe 6 years ago said she didn’t like Quebec at all. She said it was because of their accents, and odd phrasing. Quebec inherited the French language as it was like 400 years ago, and it kept developing on its own unrelated path. Like how Latin split off into French, Italian, and Spanish.

She did have a beret, and of course she also smoked cigarettes.
    Oui Oui
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"