User Tag List

Thread: Limbic system

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limbic system

"I believe pfs is a limbic system disorder. Our bodies are/were stuck in a fight or flight response. This causes a cascade of health issues. Since the “fight or flight” response is the default mode for anybody with pfs, the body must be switched back to “rest and digestion”. Simply calming down, slowing down and breathing through the stomach slowly and peacefully will take one a long way toward healing. Focus on relaxing and breathing slowly 24/7 will be difficult for a few days because it’s new. After several days it will get easier and the body will start to normalize. There are additional strategies but this is the start. Negativity, depression, panic, ect. are all traits of being in a fight or fight state. It’s involuntary and is the default mode so action must be taken to reverse back into rest and digestion. I say this partly for people to have patience with pfs sufferers who may be in a worse position than most. It’s a very scary situation with a wide range of emotions depending on the severity."

Some guy on PH posted this recently and I thought it was quite interesting. It seems to mirror what English said about the causes of PFS- that it is psychogenic after a while of cessation. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    "I believe pfs is a limbic system disorder. Our bodies are/were stuck in a fight or flight response. This causes a cascade of health issues. Since the “fight or flight” response is the default mode for anybody with pfs, the body must be switched back to “rest and digestion”. Simply calming down, slowing down and breathing through the stomach slowly and peacefully will take one a long way toward healing. Focus on relaxing and breathing slowly 24/7 will be difficult for a few days because it’s new. After several days it will get easier and the body will start to normalize. There are additional strategies but this is the start. Negativity, depression, panic, ect. are all traits of being in a fight or fight state. It’s involuntary and is the default mode so action must be taken to reverse back into rest and digestion. I say this partly for people to have patience with pfs sufferers who may be in a worse position than most. It’s a very scary situation with a wide range of emotions depending on the severity."

Some guy on PH posted this recently and I thought it was quite interesting. It seems to mirror what English said about the causes of PFS- that it is psychogenic after a while of cessation. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
    I disagree very strongly with that opinion, while respecting those who have it. I was completely convinced that I did not have PFS, by my doctors, family, friends, and a therapist. I felt so relieved that I dodged the bullet.

For years and years, I mindfucked myself into thinking it was normal to have 90% less libido, no ability to feel sexual pleasure or orgasms anymore - like they say, that stuff decreases with age. Any decline was from reaching my late 20s, not PFS.

Yet my symptoms didn’t get better.

So no, I don’t think you can recover from PFS just by calming down and being in a relaxed state. That’s a starting point but it’s not enough to recover, and I disagree very strongly with anyone who says that PFS is mainly or primarily psychological, or that it can be cured through psychological treatment of any kind.

Therapy, meditation, good sleep, all of that just gets you to a baseline from which recovery is easier. But it won’t do much for you without an herbal rotation, 6 to 7 day a week workout plan, and avoiding gluten. Just my 2˘, and personally I’d recommend staying off of PropeciaHelp until fully recovered.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah obviously many PFS guys are in a fight or flight state, but it's due to the lowered allopregnanolone that fin caused. So no, "being relaxed" isn't really going to help with the issue when you literally physically cannot relax because your GABA isn't working properly. It's not a coincidence that almost everyone with PFS ends up with insane stress, worry, suicidal thoughts etc.

It wasn't until after my first cycle when I was able to calm down even a little bit.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get the benefits while beeing on your first cycle or did they emerge after you finished the cycle?