User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on taking Vitex? Dangerous or safe?

I still have relatively high prolactin levels and I read that Vitex can lower it however it seems dubious when it comes to men taking it. Anyone have any experience with taking Vitex and if you have what dosage would you suggest to treat high prolactin in men?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    I still have relatively high prolactin levels and I read that Vitex can lower it however it seems dubious when it comes to men taking it. Anyone have any experience with taking Vitex and if you have what dosage would you suggest to treat high prolactin in men?
    Just do the full protocol listed on the TMO website. You can’t beat this by trying to spot target specific hormones.

I have never taken Vitex, since it’s not on the TMO protocol list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Just do the full protocol listed on the TMO website. You can’t beat this by trying to spot target specific hormones.

I have never taken Vitex, since it’s not on the TMO protocol list.
    But my prolactin has been triple what it should be and its remained this way throughout. Have you had excessive prolactin?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But my prolactin has been triple what it should be and its remained this way throughout. Have you had excessive prolactin?
    If you’re concerned about your prolactin, I would get tested for a tumor just to put your mind at ease. If it’s not from a tumor then it will sort itself out as you heal. You can’t really compare yourself too much to others. I have not had my prolactin tested anytime recently, or maybe ever at all, I don’t remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    If you’re concerned about your prolactin, I would get tested for a tumor just to put your mind at ease. If it’s not from a tumor then it will sort itself out as you heal. You can’t really compare yourself too much to others. I have not had my prolactin tested anytime recently, or maybe ever at all, I don’t remember.
    While I agree with you that it is comparable to a game of wackamole to try and spot reduce/increase every piece of bloodwork. my prolactin is the only thing that is highly alarming to me. so it is something i dont want to ignore any longer. i need to target it and lower it because i would say its the cause of many issues. i doubt its a tumor but ill check it out. just curious on ppls experience with vitex

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree with you that it is comparable to a game of wackamole to try and spot reduce/increase every piece of bloodwork. my prolactin is the only thing that is highly alarming to me. so it is something i dont want to ignore any longer. i need to target it and lower it because i would say its the cause of many issues. i doubt its a tumor but ill check it out. just curious on ppls experience with vitex
    One thing to keep in mind is that PFS is not just a matter of the hormones being out of balance. There are guys with perfect blood work who have massive PFS symptoms, and there are guys who “corrected” their blood work and still have the full symptoms. So it’s not automatic that everything will fall into place if you lower your prolactin.

I understand the impulse to try to target a specific hormone, although this forum does not really focus on blood work or trying to target one hormone with one supplement or drug so it might not be the best place for the info you’re seeking. That’s potentially more of a Hackstasis, the WhatsApp group, and PropeciaHelp type of question. If someone here is familiar with this thing you’re asking about hopefully they will chime in.

Generally the folks over here are just following the protocol, and since Vitex isn’t on it, I’m not really sure if anyone here has taken it. I had never heard of it and I’ve been here for years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just skip the Russian roulette with supplements phase. All the issues your body is facing will be corrected down the line by holistically resetting your body. Best case scenario is the supplement is gonna make you feel good for a couple of days then cause more harm than good once it creates an imbalance. I’ve done this.. a thousand times.

Your gut, neurotransmitters, hormones are out of whack, they’ll come back on line and fix the other issues your body is going through. Kinda how all this works.