User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Readytonut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

readytonut's Road to Recovery (one pill victim)

Hey Guys, i live in europe and need a place that can help me recover, im desperate at this point. I had taken half a finasteride pill (0,5mg) on February 19th and have had severe side effects since then. My health deteriorates week after week. I just don't want to watch anymore and need a place where i can find advice on my healing process. I was always a gym addict and took vitamins regularly over the years these were always the following: omega 3, vitamin k, vitmain d, vitamin b12, biotin, zinc and selenium. My diet was mostly vegetarian at the time.

Now to the days after taking the finasteride pill. 3 days after the pill I was on a long journey with little and very bad food and had a headache all day. That night i woke up and had fluid leaking from my nipples. I developed some gyno since then and i had painful nipples for 2.5 months. After the first month, I started researching and came across a toxic site where many talked about their suffering. I have contacted people and asked them for tips on how to deal with the situation. The consensus was that I should stop taking all vitamins and not go to the gym anymore (big mistake). I followed these rules and my condition worsened over the month. I had several panic attacks in the following days and my symptoms all exploded. I have developed an extreme insomnia that has accompanied me to this day. This insomnia worsen my symptoms on the days when I sleep poorly. My other symptoms are full ED, low libido, energy dips during the day ( follwed by hunger cravings and headaches), cold hands / feet, penile shrinkage, reduced semen volume, muscle twitching, body tremors, tinnitus and many more symptoms.

Today i'm at a point where im almost disabled. I can hardly walk up stairs without getting out of breath and get abdominal pain and diarrhea at the slightest exertion. After physical exertion, i get brain fog and my vision gets blurry. I think i have developed a post exertional malaise that makes it impossible to do sports. Even an erection can make me not feel good afterwards. When i come to orgasm, i become a zombie for the next 2-3 days and can't move or think properly.
    I think my thyroid is also going crazy. Sometimes i get red cheeks which are a sign of hyperthyroidism.
    Unfortunately i don't know how to handle these symptoms, i think my androgen receptors have become extremely sensitive. How can i best start the healing process. I miss the gym so much, but with the current condition it's impossible. First i need to somehow improve my sleep first, otherwise i can't function as a normal human anymore. My hormone levels have all been in range so far. I will post them here later as soon as I have them. I have started taking rhodiola daily in the morning for 3 days now and that seems to work and prevents me from getting into fight or flight mode, but the question is what supplements should I take to improve my sleep first. I have heard many positive things about acetly l carnetine and it is also supposed to help well against CFS. The most important parts of the protocol cause me considerable problems especially sleep and training, how should I proceed here? I have in half a month an appointment with a doctor who has multiple PFS patients and prescribes androstenedione, dhea or hCG to treat PFS. Would one of these hormones relieve my symptoms? Please i need advice asap. Will i ever be normal again? I already ordered rhodiola, ashwaghanda, tribulus, acetyl l carnetine, omega 3, cordyceps, creatine and some whey without any sweeteners. I already cut all gluten from my diet and increased the fruit and vegetable intake. i lost so much muscle mass already and dont know about doing any fasts or feasts. I started meditations yesterday and im doing streching routiens for about 2 weeks know. How shoud i handle the excersice intolerace? Push through and feel bad for 2-3 day and do this until feeling better or wait 1-2 weeks until feeling good again and slowly increase workout intensitiy.

EDIT: hormonal levels came in:
    Estradiol: 40,9 pg/mL range 0-56
    Prolaktin: 14,4 ng/mL range 2.5-17
    FSH: 2.31 mlU/ml range 0.7-11.1
    LH: 2.87 mlU/mL range 0.8-7.6
    SHBG: 34.4 nmol/L range 10-57
    Testosterone:688ng/dL range 160-728
    TSH: 2.31 mlU range 0.27-4.2
    FT3: 3.46 pg/ml range 1.8-4.2
    FT4: 1.37 ng/dL range 0.89-1.76
    TPO: 21.6 iU7mL range 0-35
    Cortisol: 21.3 ug/dL range 5-25
    Insulin: 5.96 ulU range 0-29.1
    ACTH: 22.8 pg/mL range 0-46
    cholesterol: 200 mg/dl range <200
    Last edited by Readytonut; 06-01-2021 at 05:19 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytonut View Post
    Hey Guys, i live in europe and need a place that can help me recover, im desperate at this point. I had taken half a finasteride pill (0,5mg) on February 19th and have had severe side effects since then. My health deteriorates week after week. I just don't want to watch anymore and need a place where i can find advice on my healing process. I was always a gym addict and took vitamins regularly over the years these were always the following: omega 3, vitamin k, vitmain d, vitamin b12, biotin, zinc and selenium. My diet was mostly vegetarian at the time.

Now to the days after taking the finasteride pill. 3 days after the pill I was on a long journey with little and very bad food and had a headache all day. That night i woke up and had fluid leaking from my nipples. I developed some gyno since then and i had painful nipples for 2.5 months. After the first month, I started researching and came across a toxic site where many talked about their suffering. I have contacted people and asked them for tips on how to deal with the situation. The consensus was that I should stop taking all vitamins and not go to the gym anymore (big mistake). I followed these rules and my condition worsened over the month. I had several panic attacks in the following days and my symptoms all exploded. I have developed an extreme insomnia that has accompanied me to this day. This insomnia worsen my symptoms on the days when I sleep poorly. My other symptoms are full ED, low libido, energy dips during the day ( follwed by hunger cravings and headaches), cold hands / feet, penile shrinkage, reduced semen volume, muscle twitching, body tremors, tinnitus and many more symptoms.

Today i'm at a point where im almost disabled. I can hardly walk up stairs without getting out of breath and get abdominal pain and diarrhea at the slightest exertion. After physical exertion, i get brain fog and my vision gets blurry. I think i have developed a post exertional malaise that makes it impossible to do sports. Even an erection can make me not feel good afterwards. When i come to orgasm, i become a zombie for the next 2-3 days and can't move or think properly.
    I think my thyroid is also going crazy. Sometimes i get red cheeks which are a sign of hyperthyroidism.
    Unfortunately i don't know how to handle these symptoms, i think my androgen receptors have become extremely sensitive. How can i best start the healing process. I miss the gym so much, but with the current condition it's impossible. First i need to somehow improve my sleep first, otherwise i can't function as a normal human anymore. My hormone levels have all been in range so far. I will post them here later as soon as I have them. I have started taking rhodiola daily in the morning for 3 days now and that seems to work and prevents me from getting into fight or flight mode, but the question is what supplements should I take to improve my sleep first. I have heard many positive things about acetly l carnetine and it is also supposed to help well against CFS. The most important parts of the protocol cause me considerable problems especially sleep and training, how should I proceed here? I have in half a month an appointment with a doctor who has multiple PFS patients and prescribes androstenedione, dhea or hCG to treat PFS. Would one of these hormones relieve my symptoms? Please i need advice asap. Will i ever be normal again? I already ordered rhodiola, ashwaghanda, tribulus, acetyl l carnetine, omega 3, cordyceps, creatine and some whey without any sweeteners. I already cut all gluten from my diet and increased the fruit and vegetable intake. i lost so much muscle mass already and dont know about doing any fasts or feasts. I started meditations yesterday and im doing streching routiens for about 2 weeks know. How shoud i handle the excersice intolerace? Push through and feel bad for 2-3 day and do this until feeling better or wait 1-2 weeks until feeling good again and slowly increase workout intensitiy.

EDIT: hormonal levels came in:
    Estradiol: 40,9 pg/mL range 0-56
    Prolaktin: 14,4 ng/mL range 2.5-17
    FSH: 2.31 mlU/ml range 0.7-11.1
    LH: 2.87 mlU/mL range 0.8-7.6
    SHBG: 34.4 nmol/L range 10-57
    Testosterone:688ng/dL range 160-728
    TSH: 2.31 mlU range 0.27-4.2
    FT3: 3.46 pg/ml range 1.8-4.2
    FT4: 1.37 ng/dL range 0.89-1.76
    TPO: 21.6 iU7mL range 0-35
    Cortisol: 21.3 ug/dL range 5-25
    Insulin: 5.96 ulU range 0-29.1
    ACTH: 22.8 pg/mL range 0-46
    cholesterol: 200 mg/dl range <200
    Hi man,

We spoke on Reddit, I was the guy who created an account to reassure a scared guy.

As I told you there, I (just like people here) am following the TMO protocol which you can find at http://www.totalmaloptimization.com.

I have had ups and down but I am way better than 3 months ago. This shit takes time to heal, so you have to do every single part of the protocol consistently, and your body will heal over time. Doing the protocol means staying away from pharmaceuticals, so if you choose to follow the protocol, that would exclude the hormones you mentioned.

Doctors have failed me and many others with this condition. There is not a magic medicine that will cure you. This is a systematic condition that requires your body to be in top condition in order to heal. It takes time and effort, but you will find motivated people here to motivate you. If you follow my posts you can see it's a rollercoaster, but the upward trend is still undeniable.

Not gonna lie it can be super hard at the beginning but you can get through this. I am far from recovered but I have improved enough to know I will recover with enough time and effort.

You got this man, welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 06-09-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey wassup Outlaw,

i finally found a place where i can seek good advice from sane people about the protocol. Im already incooperating like 60% of the protocol like (meditation, stretching, sun bathing, eating 80% clean(paleo),no fap). Some of the most important stuff like sleep and exercise im still struggling with. I need to solve those first i think? I think im at an point of advance adrenal exhaustion. Im emotionless, no happiness anymore.

I still have questions on how and when to take the herbs like when should i take every specific herbs and how should i cylce them? I would really appreciate any advice.
    My current stack consists of Rhodiola, Ashwaghanda, Omega3, acetyl l carnetine(good for CFS?), cordyceps and creatine.

I would love to go and do any exercise but every physical activity sometimes even walking makes be feel extremly bad. I get crazy abdominal pain. I guess its some type of autoimmune/neurological disease that developed slowly because of sleep depravation. My first target right now is to fix my sleep pattern otherwise i feel like a zombie. i started to increase my intake of antiinflammitory foods to prevent further damage to my CNS.

Mediation and Streching helps me calm down a lot. i will definitely do those every day.
    Last edited by Readytonut; 06-02-2021 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best advice I can give is although it may seem things are or even improving and some things are not or even getting worse would be to do a stop and reset I.e. Either the juice feast or the water fast.

That would enable your body to detox and then from there your body will be much more receptive to all the things outlined in the protocol. I would use the term temporary step back for major comeback but tbh I don't see the fasting or feasting as a step back as its part of the comeback. Believe me as hard and daunting as it may sound in a few months time you'll be glad you did it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytonut View Post
    Hey wassup Outlaw,

i finally found a place where i can seek good advice from sane people about the protocol. Im already incooperating like 60% of the protocol like (meditation, stretching, sun bathing, eating 80% clean(paleo),no fap). Some of the most important stuff like sleep and exercise im still struggling with. I need to solve those first i think? I think im at an point of advance adrenal exhaustion. Im emotionless, no happiness anymore.

I still have questions on how and when to take the herbs like when should i take every specific herbs and how should i cylce them? I would really appreciate any advice.
    My current stack consists of Rhodiola, Ashwaghanda, Omega3, acetyl l carnetine(good for CFS?), cordyceps and creatine.

I would love to go and do any exercise but every physical activity sometimes even walking makes be feel extremly bad. I get crazy abdominal pain. I guess its some type of autoimmune/neurological disease that developed slowly because of sleep depravation. My first target right now is to fix my sleep pattern otherwise i feel like a zombie. i started to increase my intake of antiinflammitory foods to prevent further damage to my CNS.

Mediation and Streching helps me calm down a lot. i will definitely do those every day.
    Hey man, glad that you found your way here. Gonna try to answer every aspect.

You have to do every part of the protocol in order to hit the problem from every angle. Dont waste your time doing it partially!

Read the totalmaleoptimization website in the stickies section of this forum. Read all the website from top to bottom you will understand everything. You take the herbs 2x/day (morning and mid afternoon, rotating 1 herb/day, with a minimum set of 7 herbs). You can take Pine Pollen daily, since it's considered more like a nutrient that you won't develop a tolerance to.

For sleep, look at the sleep supplements of the protocol, they will help. However, once you continue on your journey, the protocol should bring you back to normal sleep patterns. Insomnia is generally (not always) one of the first symptoms to go away, and sexual the last.

Regarding exercise I will let the veterans chime in. The protocol specifies to increase gradually, by starting with body weight exercises. You need to find that balance between exercising too much and not enough, listen to your body.

Hope this helps, keep it up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice Outlaw!

I need to solve the excersice riddle. Im at a point where im almost bed bound. When i walk to fast, run or do anything that is physically demanding i feel like a zombie afterwards and close to an crash. The same happends when i get an erection or even worse if i masturbate.
    Something in my body is off and i probably need medical attention asap. I have an apointment with an doc who has multiple PFS patients in around 2 weeks. I probably need some type of prohormones to get me going again cuz im almost disabled in this state.

If there is someone out there who had similar issues i would really appreciate advice in this specific area. I dont know if my adrenals are at their limit or something because im starting to get signs of nervous system/autoimmune issues. I will in any case start a water fast tomorrow and try to see how it goes. I think i developed some sort of exercise malaise, which makes anything exersice wise impossible. This all probably stems from sleep depravation for like 4 months now. Next week i will order some glycine to support my sleep. Im one of those lucky bastards that gets worse with time instead of better, and i only took one f**** pill.
    How long should I do the waterfast?
    Last edited by Readytonut; 06-03-2021 at 09:14 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fast as long as you can. Read TMO. I had the same, brain fog when exercising, extreme fatigue. Water fasting for 7 days fixed those for me. Then did a 4 day juice fest and then finally a 7-day juice feast.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Best advice I can give is although it may seem things are or even improving and some things are not or even getting worse would be to do a stop and reset I.e. Either the juice feast or the water fast.

That would enable your body to detox and then from there your body will be much more receptive to all the things outlined in the protocol. I would use the term temporary step back for major comeback but tbh I don't see the fasting or feasting as a step back as its part of the comeback. Believe me as hard and daunting as it may sound in a few months time you'll be glad you did it
    This^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys, short update on the current situation. I've tried to follow the diet as good as possible, only raw food lowish in carbs but it got worse. I often find myself in an caloric deficit with this diet which makes everything extremely worse. Im now probably in an caloric deficit for 4-5 months now. My body got weaker and my sexual sides worse. My testicles and the tip of my penis are always cold and I feel a strange feeling in the scrotum area. Libido almost gone. I have oftentimes sleep issues which makes me panic during the night and i tend to eat bad stuff like oats or apples, which spikes my bloodsugar and makes me than fall asleep.

Ive tried an 24h fast a couple of weeks ago on an Monday and broke it on tuesday in the afternoon. I did not eat enough calories that day and my sleep was bad again for the next couple of days until somewhere around the end of the week around friday or saturday where i felt an improvement in my symptoms.
    I only weigh around 158lbs currently, which make me worry alot. I didn't do any herbs until now because i wanted to get my diet in line before jumping on the supplement part of the protocol, otherwise i would´ve blade the brainfog on the supps.

I felt it myself that diet is the number one culprit of those soul crushing brain-fogs and headaches. I used to get improvement of symptoms when i ate carbs but since i cut them down a lot i have almost no bloodflow in penis and no spontaneous erections anymore.

Today i panicked again because of those cold genitals and ate some oats in the morning. 5-10 mins after i ate those oats i got an instant diarrhea and this time the water in the toilet even had a weird film on the surface which never occurred before. I have an slight brainfog/headache now and the past few days i get extremely dizzy when I stand up from an lying position with an short white vision. i still have those internal tremors which got better with time but i can still feel them. I developed weird skin rashes that are itching (probably candida). I also sometimes get brainfog when i eat simple fruits like apple which are an big part of the paleo diet.

My current question now how do i tackle this situation? There is obviously something wrong on multiple areas. Also the likelihood of candida overgrowth in the gut is extremely high (white tongue, brianfog, itchy butthole, digestive issues, roundish skin rashes)
    I know you guys recommend water fasts, juice feast but this would only further weaken my body at this stage. I want to gain a little more weight before i do those two things. If you guys think thats the only way i would do it......
    When i feel good for a couple of days i tend to workout a little which completely destroys my sleep again and im back at square one.

The herbs and supps that i currently home at are:
    Vitamin D,
    Vitamin C,
    Fish Oil,
    Multivitamin,
    Acetyl L carnetine,
    Creatine,
    Rhodiola,
    Ashwaghanda,
    Tribulus,
    Cordyceps,
    Candex Digestive Enzymes,
    Non flavored Whey,
    Biotin-Zinc-selenium.

Would you guys recommend anything else for the supps? I something missing?

I definitely want to start the supps, i already took some fish oil today.
    I dont have any idea which of those i should take every day and which of those i cycle daily. I also got another recent hormone test which is not looking good.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet my hormone results
    Last edited by Readytonut; 08-08-2021 at 07:24 AM.