Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell Phones

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cell Phones

Curious what the rest of you use. I know there are alot of you that even use your phone for primary access to this board. I love cell phones. Commuting often on the train, they allow me to keep active online, along with email/music/etc...

I am finally leaving AT&T (Finally). I am currently on a Motorola Atrix. On route to my house is the new Droid DNA, under a verizon contract. 1080p 5 inch screen, Quadcore processor, 2g ram, 4G LTE, Wireless charging, 8mp camera, amplified headphone jack. To say I am excited is an understatement.

htc-droid-dna-366x251.jpg

So how about you guys, any cell phone buffs?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like a sick phone h2s, i got an iphone 4s 32g because my best friends mom is loaded and bought her and her son the 5 the day it came out so she gave me her old 4s for free, im happy with it beats the hell out of my old LG vu.... piece of shit that was.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also with Verizon, finally dumped T-mobile after they shafted me.

I'm running a Droid Bionic. It is highly hackable and I enjoy it quite a bit, a huge upgrade over my Google G1 (aka, HTC Dream).

That phone does took sick h2s, gimmie a keyboard and I'd be hacking into stuff all day.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I'm also with Verizon, finally dumped T-mobile after they shafted me.

I'm running a Droid Bionic. It is highly hackable and I enjoy it quite a bit, a huge upgrade over my Google G1 (aka, HTC Dream).

That phone does took sick h2s, gimmie a keyboard and I'd be hacking into stuff all day.
    This is my first HTC. I am hoping custom roms are as fluid as they have been on other platforms, like Moto.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a iPhone guy since first gen. Have 4s now. Probably upgrade next year. Fiancé has the 5. It's pretty damn nice. Enjoy the functionality. Been with AT&T since Cingular. Enjoy the discount I get
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Been a iPhone guy since first gen. Have 4s now. Probably upgrade next year. Fiancé has the 5. It's pretty damn nice. Enjoy the functionality. Been with AT&T since Cingular. Enjoy the discount I get
    I had one of the iPhones, looking back I can't even remember which, but my gut tells me it was the second generation. I think they are good phones, but they are incredibly locked down and controlled, as most apple products seem to be. Like Cobalt, I like to be able to get into the inner guts of my operating system with relative ease.

I was with AT&T since Cingular, but unfortunately, their coverage has become much worse over time, or at least has not maintained progress with the competition. I live in Chicago. In a city of this size, I should have coverage EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately, there are service holes all over the city. Compared to my friends with Verizon/T-Mobile, I am always the only one with coverage issues.

My final straw was this black friday. My phone was due for an upgrade, and my gf's would be in 10 days. Amazon had a fairly good deal on the Galaxy SIII (ironically, the same they are offering it at now, I believe). I had spoken to AT&T to request that they change the upgrade date to that date, so I could take advantage of the deal and sign a new 2 year contract. They refused. I literally said "You are willing to lose a 6+ year customer, who is willing to sign a 2 year contract, on a day when every carrier is practically giving away phones to entice switch overs, all over 10 days?" to which they responded "Sorry." Well, so am I. I have a cheaper plan, unlimited minutes, and a better phone. I did lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan, but considering my GF hardly uses hers, the 4gigs we share will be more than enough (I average 2-2.5gigs a month, which yes, i know that amount on a phone is disturbing, lol).

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I did lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan, but considering my GF hardly uses hers, the 4gigs we share will be more than enough (I average 2-2.5gigs a month, which yes, i know that amount on a phone is disturbing, lol).
    Only 2-2.5 gigs a month? Damn, I have a 4 gig plan and I'm either right at the edge, or even as high as 6 gigs total for the month (only a $10/gig overage charge, not bad).

I just work with computers way too much, so it is reasonable that I use as much as I do. I'm constantly remotely accessing networks to do stuff, and if I really need a file right now, I'll transfer the file. I've done a 2 gig file before because I needed it right then, and it took less time to download it than to drive back to the house to get it.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I had one of the iPhones, looking back I can't even remember which, but my gut tells me it was the second generation. I think they are good phones, but they are incredibly locked down and controlled, as most apple products seem to be. Like Cobalt, I like to be able to get into the inner guts of my operating system with relative ease.

I was with AT&T since Cingular, but unfortunately, their coverage has become much worse over time, or at least has not maintained progress with the competition. I live in Chicago. In a city of this size, I should have coverage EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately, there are service holes all over the city. Compared to my friends with Verizon/T-Mobile, I am always the only one with coverage issues.

My final straw was this black friday. My phone was due for an upgrade, and my gf's would be in 10 days. Amazon had a fairly good deal on the Galaxy SIII (ironically, the same they are offering it at now, I believe). I had spoken to AT&T to request that they change the upgrade date to that date, so I could take advantage of the deal and sign a new 2 year contract. They refused. I literally said "You are willing to lose a 6+ year customer, who is willing to sign a 2 year contract, on a day when every carrier is practically giving away phones to entice switch overs, all over 10 days?" to which they responded "Sorry." Well, so am I. I have a cheaper plan, unlimited minutes, and a better phone. I did lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan, but considering my GF hardly uses hers, the 4gigs we share will be more than enough (I average 2-2.5gigs a month, which yes, i know that amount on a phone is disturbing, lol).

Yeah I've heard a ton of horror stories with AT&T. Also with other carriers too.

I know they are locked down and if I was able to spend time to rework a phone of be more interested in the htc stuff. But for what it's worth I am too lazy these days for all of that. I am fortunate enough to not have had many issues with AT&T. Probably a reason I'm still there. And I'm not mad at $75 a month for unlimited everything.

I do look forward to the iPhone 5 for a bigger screen. I still think the iPhone cameras are the best. My friends pics usually look like crap but I don't know. They may be bad at taking the pics.

Large part of feels like I would be lost using the other phones too lol.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I want my next cell phone to be a wrist watch. I just don't know how well my sausage fingers would be able to operate it.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Only 2-2.5 gigs a month? Damn, I have a 4 gig plan and I'm either right at the edge, or even as high as 6 gigs total for the month (only a $10/gig overage charge, not bad).

I just work with computers way too much, so it is reasonable that I use as much as I do. I'm constantly remotely accessing networks to do stuff, and if I really need a file right now, I'll transfer the file. I've done a 2 gig file before because I needed it right then, and it took less time to download it than to drive back to the house to get it.
    To be fair, I used to well surpass that when I used my network more intensely (tethering laptop, etc..). These days I use it during my commute.