Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    dude its a pullup
    you are doing them right, pretty basic beginner movement
    , maybe you dont do them enough

get wifey to take a back shot n post it in your log.....might be something minor to adjust to bring them out
    I'll have to do that later on (at work right now).

I seriously ask it, because I usually get this type of answer.
    Do your palms face away or toward your body? Do you do shoulder width hand distance or a wide grip?

Just like benching, I always did a shoulder width distance with my hands. When we did that bench press challenge, everyone let me know I was too narrow. Its just minor crap like that.

EDIT:

It was actually more toward a vid of rows, I get results of a row machine for cardio...
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or I can do vids at work:

pullups - YouTube

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I'll have to do that later on (at work right now).

I seriously ask it, because I usually get this type of answer.
    Do your palms face away or toward your body? Do you do shoulder width hand distance or a wide grip?

Just like benching, I always did a shoulder width distance with my hands. When we did that bench press challenge, everyone let me know I was too narrow. Its just minor crap like that.

EDIT:

It was actually more toward a vid of rows, I get results of a row machine for cardio...
    Get a comfortable overhand grip, about shoulder width apart. that is pretty generic but as go with what feels comfortable to you.

For rows I like the cable rows with the close grip attachment. If I do any free weight rows, it's better for me to do one arm db rows with the other arm supported. I avoid bb rows due to lower back issues.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or I can do vids at work:

pullups - YouTube
    that you? i say always wanna get higher up, chin at least level to the bar.

try many grips, super wide, close overhand, close underhand, shoulder underhand, and shoulder overhand, and neutral if you have the equipment.

do a fuck ton of all of the grips and then you will get a nice well rounded result. definitely need to get higher though for a full contraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Get a comfortable overhand grip, about shoulder width apart. that is pretty generic but as go with what feels comfortable to you.

For rows I like the cable rows with the close grip attachment. If I do any free weight rows, it's better for me to do one arm db rows with the other arm supported. I avoid bb rows due to lower back issues.
    interesting, i find that the one arm rows bother my lower back more than barbell rows. maybe because i have weak obliques.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also interested in seeing how to do these properly becsuse you can never have to much knowledge.
    I switch grips all the time to hit the muscles differently. Mainly wide and nuetral thou.
    Last edited by Scope75; 12-12-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont see anything wrong with how you do it, i never got the legs straight down, personally they are tucked back, but seems fine

like weekend said, all grips, wide, narrow, all work

rows wise im opposite of noa, i like barbell, usually the smith, hammer rows, those meadows drop rows, and so on

im guessing its more a thing where you might need to emphasize back, however in the vid you look thick, and you probably have more back than you think hiding under the fat.......if i was in charge itd be 250 test / 400 tren and drop bf, if you were at 190 by cycle's end, youd have dropped fat and added depth to the muscle, and look bigger than you might at current condition in the 210-212 range

i know you want to be bigger, all good.........but im guessing you got more muscle than you think once you decide to strip away the fat hiding it dude (speaking from experience, we've all been there)

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back isn't too bad, but I guess I'm wanting a massive lat spread when viewing from the front. My sides go straight up from my pecs, not flare out like you see with most bb's.

I'm not going higher in the vid because I physically can't, low ceiling. You can actually hear me hit the light fixture in the last 2 reps if your audio is turned up enough.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like straight arm pulldowns to isolate the lats and at the end of the workout, a dead hang with the feet barely touching the ground.

The straight arm pulldowns pre-exhaust the lats before everthing else, and it seems you can feel the lats much better through the rest of your workout. I do this also because I try not to go too heavy and hurt my back, where if I did not pre-exhaust, I would use more weight and increase risk of a blow out.

The stretch at the end helps to get my lats really sore, more than they normally would without it.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, pull-ups and rows it is.

BUT, can anyone link a youtube vid of proper form doing these? Maybe I'm just not doing them right.
    Hell, you don't need to do it right, just add one more roid into your stack.

Here's some tips from Scooby...

Proper form of the pullup - bodybuilding basics - YouTube
    Last edited by burlyman30; 12-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Hell, you don't need to do it right, just add one more roid into your stack.

Here's some tips from Scooby...

Proper form of the pullup - bodybuilding basics - YouTube
    ouch !!!!

and for scooby, yeah hes a character, but solid video for beginners