User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Back isn't too bad, but I guess I'm wanting a massive lat spread when viewing from the front. My sides go straight up from my pecs, not flare out like you see with most bb's.
    I agree with djm, Even with big, thick lats it is going to be difficult to have an impressive spread with bf hiding it.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Hell, you don't need to do it right, just add one more roid into your stack.

Here's some tips from Scooby...

Proper form of the pullup - bodybuilding basics - YouTube
    As dumb as it sounds, I learned a lot from that vid. Apparently, we were forced to do them incorrectly in middle and high school.
    I would always let my elbows come inward, putting biceps in the equation. That is where the problem lies. I just did a few of them using the method in the video and I can really feel it.

Gotta spread reps before I can give them to you again burly.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As dumb as it sounds, I learned a lot from that vid. Apparently, we were forced to do them incorrectly in middle and high school.
    I would always let my elbows come inward, putting biceps in the equation. That is where the problem lies. I just did a few of them using the method in the video and I can really feel it.

Gotta spread reps before I can give them to you again burly.
    high school was a while ago tho dude? considering you are advanced enough to be running a test/tren/deca cycle anyday now, one would think your training would have evolved from phys ed class
    the trainers in most gyms dont even instruct good technique, let alone a hs teacher to teens

also if you feel your knowledge of back training is lacking, i wouldnt stop at a clip of scooby doo there.....ESPECIALLY if you are gonna run that cycle, or else youll piss away your time.....id be looking more at bb'ing specific routines beyond just the pull up, or else dont bother running gear and wasting the strength/endurance/aggression it gives.....a john meadows back assault is more suited for someone on cycle looking to develop a greater back.....not researching pull ups

sorry if im an ass, but test, tren, dbol (oral deca), they push you to push your body, so one would be consumed with killing their back with rep after rep after exercise.........and the concern over elbows in or out shouldnt even be a factor anymore at this stage in the game

you said you wanna be massive in your log, but only now figuring out rows are good for the lats? and the worse was after those movements were suggested by everyone, you still asked to provide a vid as opposed to at least getting that done on your own

you made a post few days ago about something, sorry forgot, foggy right now, and man i read it and said fuck a)i didnt know that thanks b)damn this guy knows his shit................so cmon man .......... tbh fk googling shit, bug rodja, the guy is all about power and basic compound moves.....hed design a simple but very effective back routine for you no doubt, and youd see results inside the 12wks

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    gonna hit some krocs for the first time tonight... what do you think of pendlay rows?
    They're a good movement, but people do them incorrectly. It's a low rep movement that requires immense speed similarly to a DE.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ...youd see results inside the 12wks
    Without the gear.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to stay humble and stand back while the people that know everything throw in their knowledge.

I'm coming across as stupid so that I'll get EVERYTHING from your minds, and hope you open your grey matter and not assume I know something. I'm really bad at asking questions, so I'd rather get the full story and pick out what I didn't know.

I can do fucking pullups, they are basic as shit, but can be made complex. I've always done them for bicep work, not so much lats. I wanted to know the details, the really specific details. Like in the video, I didn't know that simply bringing your elbows in, even a little bit, would shift work into your biceps.

I know what rows are... now. I do them a lot, I just didn't know what they were called. Its not like a new thing for me, I know the exercises, not the names.

I'm also looking to expand my routine. I know a ton of exercises to hit the biceps from the bicep challenge a year ago. Going into it, I only knew a few workouts, now I know a shit ton. Again, coming into this looking stupid so that your all would hopefully drop a workout bomb on me for different movements.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to stay humble and stand back while the people that know everything throw in their knowledge.

I'm coming across as stupid so that I'll get EVERYTHING from your minds, and hope you open your grey matter and not assume I know something. I'm really bad at asking questions, so I'd rather get the full story and pick out what I didn't know.

I can do fucking pullups, they are basic as shit, but can be made complex. I've always done them for bicep work, not so much lats. I wanted to know the details, the really specific details. Like in the video, I didn't know that simply bringing your elbows in, even a little bit, would shift work into your biceps.

I know what rows are... now. I do them a lot, I just didn't know what they were called. Its not like a new thing for me, I know the exercises, not the names.

I'm also looking to expand my routine. I know a ton of exercises to hit the biceps from the bicep challenge a year ago. Going into it, I only knew a few workouts, now I know a shit ton. Again, coming into this looking stupid so that your all would hopefully drop a workout bomb on me for different movements.
    Sounds like you have a lot of experimenting to do, between elbow positioning, grip widths, supinated vs neutral vs pronated grip, etc. And then transfer that experimentation to every back exercise you are able to do. Pullups and rows are basic builders which is why everyone mentioned them, but there are a lot of variations within those exercises. And some people feel one exercise more than another.

For instance, pullups and pulldowns are entirely different exercises on how they hit the lats. It has a lot to do with body mechanics/positioning. One person may get more out of one than another, but for most people, pullups trumps pulldowns.

I like barbell and dumbell rows, but each exercise hits a completely different part of my back. Barbell tends to focus more on my upper back/rear traps/rhomboids while dumbell hits my outer lats and lower lats intensely. Grip orientation and width will change everything about a barbell row.

I prefer a thumbless grip on most lat exercises and view the hands as a hook. Then concentrate on pulling back your elbows. It takes a lot of the bicep out of lat work and focuses it on the back.

Go experiment!
    Last edited by burlyman30; 12-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my new fav, close grip pulldown but seated reverse (back to the leg pad), fkn pulls great

also i noticed in colbalt vid, you gotta arc your chest and shoulders back to emphasize the lats, more how antoine does it than scooby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    my new fav, close grip pulldown but seated reverse (back to the leg pad), fkn pulls great
    How do you do this without just pulling yourself up off the seat? I pull heavier than I weigh, generally.

Side note... great exercise that I haven't done in ages... pullup (can use mid or narrow grip) but don't pull to the chest-- pull to the upper abs. You'll be leaning way back to make this happen.