Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana

Sup boys. Interesting question. Especially for you CD, because I know you love to get high.

I’ve been eating edibles a bit lately as I’ve just moved to Colorado and it’s everywhere you turn. How bad of an idea is using marijuana\THC sometimes during recovery?

Reasons I ask is because it actually makes me feel pretty good, puts me in a different headspace and has allowed me to really dive inside this whole experience of PFS, look at things differently and in a weird way, it’s made me confront the trauma I’ve been hiding and also take a deep look into my healing process and really realize the importance of healthy living. I was really able to understand the awful effects sugar/alcohol has on your body by thinking about it in a different perspective. I’d like to get rid of alcohol all together, as sometimes in social situations I slip up and drink, and replace it with getting high as I can imagine it would have much much less of a detrimental impact than drinking would. Plus it makes me horny as hell and kinda lifts my anhedonia.

I’d like to be sober forever but knowing me, that isn’t really practical as I love to be with friends and let loose. Although I did go about a year sober when this started. Also keep in mind that I’ve been doing this for a while and I’m not that bad off anymore.

Let me know your input. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Turnover25; 06-30-2021 at 06:43 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Sup boys. Interesting question. Especially for you CD, because I know you love to get high.

I’ve been eating edibles a bit lately as I’ve just moved to Colorado and it’s everywhere you turn. How bad of an idea is using marijuana\THC sometimes during recovery?

Reasons I ask is because it actually makes me feel pretty good, puts me in a different headspace and has allowed me to really dive inside this whole experience of PFS, look at things differently and in a weird way, it’s made me confront the trauma I’ve been hiding and also take a deep look into my healing process and really realize the importance of healthy living. I was really able to understand the awful effects sugar/alcohol has on your body by thinking about it in a different perspective. I’d like to get rid of alcohol all together, as sometimes in social situations I slip up and drink, and replace it with getting high as I can imagine it would have much much less of a detrimental impact than drinking would. Plus it makes me horny as hell and kinda lifts my anhedonia.

I’d like to be sober forever but knowing me, that isn’t really practical as I love to be with friends and let loose. Although I did go about a year sober when this started. Also keep in mind that I’ve been doing this for a while and I’m not that bad off anymore.

I’d stop it until you’re symptom free to be completely honest.

- - - Updated - - -

But then again, I’m at the start of my journey, so perhaps a little paranoid/anxious for improvement. I’d stop it, based on my reading of the forum which was to avoid any sort of intoxicants/psychoactive drugs until a decent bar of recovery is set, but nevertheless both Maxout and Ricky drank at 90%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana

Avoid it.
    Someone once asked a man how he was. He replied, “I’m going through hell!” Said his friend: “Well, keep on going. That is no place to stop!”

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, at your point in recovery I would recommend alcohol as a vice instead of marijuana. I differ from CD in this regard, but marijuana would always set me back. With where you're at, with proper preparation before drinking (BPC-157 [I swear, I don't have financial interest in the stuff lol] and/or Emoxypine) with compounds that will protect the organs from ethanol and gaba system disregulation, would be my "social vice".

I still drink pretty much weekly to this day. I prep with both and usually have little to no hangover if I really tie one on, and never have any issues with liver, GI, etc.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Honestly, at your point in recovery I would recommend alcohol as a vice instead of marijuana. I differ from CD in this regard, but marijuana would always set me back. With where you're at, with proper preparation before drinking (BPC-157 [I swear, I don't have financial interest in the stuff lol] and/or Emoxypine) with compounds that will protect the organs from ethanol and gaba system disregulation, would be my "social vice".

I still drink pretty much weekly to this day. I prep with both and usually have little to no hangover if I really tie one on, and never have any issues with liver, GI, etc.
    Hi Max,

That, I assume you already recovered totally from PFS right?

BTW, what brand do you use for BPC-157? Trying to get one to ship to Indonesia with my UH for next cycle..

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mistyballoon; 07-14-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyballoon View Post
    Hi Max,

Yes sir, I have been from quite some years now. Assuming you haven’t read this forum too deeply if you’re asking that, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyballoon View Post
    Hi Max,

BTW, what brand do you use for BPC-157? Trying to get one to ship to Indonesia with my UH for next cycle..

Thanks!
    I use Science.bio for BPC-157. Take it sublingually after mixing it with Bac water. Keep in mind, CD doesn’t have this as part of the protocol and I never used it in PFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir, I have been from quite some years now. Assuming you haven’t read this forum too deeply if you’re asking that, lol.
    In fact I read your recovery section and so deeply grateful that you stayed and help other people like me. I'm just want to make sure that you are recovered for good seeing some people that recovered rarely showed in the forum..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks as always, big guy.

I binned it. Something seemed off.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks as always, big guy.

I binned it. Something seemed off.
    You bet. Marijuana is actually high in beta-sitosterol, from what I've read. Again, some get by fine with it, but I always had bad reactions.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s best to avoid all recreational substances during PFS recovery. Getting high every 2 or 3 months probably won’t set you back, but getting high 2 or 3 days per week probably will.

Also, I hope those edibles were gluten free 😋