User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out one of my close friends had PFS twice and recovered

A good friend disclosed to me that he took accutane at adolescence and finasteride in his 20’s and suffered crushing depression and anxiety both times for 1-2 years. The good news is he recovered both times! Was crazy hearing him list all the common PFS symptoms. He has no idea this condition exists.

Makes you wonder how many others suffer without ever knowing what is wrong.

I know this is a meagre recovery story, but it’s just another confirmation that there is hope!

Soldier on!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he mention if he used anything to recover or was it a natural recovery? Sounds interesting

There are many many people that also suffered the same condition and recovered without even knowing anything about the whole “PFS” hype wagon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing special as far as I could gather. Dude has iron willpower though, and is very successful all around.
    When I probed about his libido however it does seem like its still persistently lowered. But not gone and he is happy af so he doesn’t give a shit. He could probably fix it if he goes on the protocol but I’m not gonna bother him unless he asks me.

As you said a lot of recoveries will fly under the radar.

Also, “natural recovery” is a weird term. What is more natural than living a holistic protocol like CD’s, you know? But that’s more of a philosophical question.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you really call it a recovery when his libido is still persistently lowered?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    Can you really call it a recovery when his libido is still persistently lowered?
    I agree. However the fact that he got to that point without the protocol is motivating in itself, imagine how far he would be if he were on protocol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well him and I were worst struck by the mental effects. For me personally going from wanting to kill yourself on an hourly basis to end the mental agony and panic, to feeling happy and well is enough to warrant terms like recovery..

Sure my libido still suffers from time to time, but if I get to that point where I want to have sex every few days instead of daily I don’t think I will personally care that much.

Not trying to diminish the problems, but we all experience this our own way.
    Last edited by Mojo; 07-05-2021 at 11:57 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Maximilien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I land here I was reading some Ray Peat threads, I saw 2 guys who both recovered twice from PFS thanks to their lifestyle habits.
    What blew my mind isn't that they recovered twice, but the fact that they took Fin again after experiencing this shit. These guys were crazy..