User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flapjack - Recovery log

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself.

i'm a 24 year old dude. I took finasteride for about three weeks, ending in late April of this year. I had some moderate ED while on the drug, but decided to discontinue. Two weeks following cessation I had my 'crash' though it didn't absolutely buttfuck me like it has to many here. It seems like my primary symptoms are disturbed and unrestful sleep, and as someone with hypochondria, a pretty immense amount of regret and anxiety surrounding my decision to take the drug, compounded by the fact that i've struggled with some neurological issues stemming from another drug as well as a concussion years ago. As it stands, things are okay and showing signs of natural recovery. Here's a list of what i'm currently dealing with

Dick: about 80% pre-fin. still get morning wood and orgasms and sexual pleasure seem unaffected but boners don't come as easily.
    Mental: about 80-90% feeling pretty clear, anxiety is very high however and my life has really taken a hit as I can't stop the cycle of obsessive thoughts about wishing I never tried the shit.
    Sleep: this is my main problem. I'm about 60% here. I have very vivid dreams and wake up a few times during the night. i don't feel refreshed in the mornings and have quite a bit of fatigue day in and day out. My energy is really low. It affects my motivation and well, basically everything else in my life as sleep is a crucial aspect in one's overall health. This has improved but I am not back to baseline, four months since stopping.

that's about it. I've adopted about 70% of the protocol as of the past few weeks and this has coincided with me seeing improvements in the energy department. However, this is not enough. I'll go full bore in the next month or so when my schedule and finances allow for it. I think a full recovery is definitely possible and I look forward to feeling normal again, and it's great to have found a community like this. I wish all of you the best in your recoveries. A question I have to kick off this thread is in what sort of timeframe have any of you experienced an improvement in your sleep? I'm curious as there seems to be a lot of variation amongst people here.
    Last edited by Flapjack; 08-25-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, just wanted to show some life in your thread.

I can relate to the hypochondria and the obsessive thoughts, I have the same. This only got better when I started getting better through the protocol. Every month I am closer to recovery, and incidentally I forgive myself a bit more each month.

It's not a competition but you should be grateful your symptoms are not too bad. After 4 months I was an absolute wreck, and I know plenty who were way worse than me. It can help put things in perspective.

Personnaly sleep has been my first symptom to go. My first month I was sleeping 3-4 hours a night, my 2nd and 3rd month I would sleep 6h with no deep sleep, and starting from the 4th month it got normal. I now sleep 7-8h easy, and it's deep sleep.

I would recommend you look into the sleep supplements of the protocol. I just take glycine and magnesium, and I fall asleep within 5min after my breathing exercises.

Don't hesitate to reach out, sometimes there may not be much replies but we're here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Hey man, just wanted to show some life in your thread.

I can relate to the hypochondria and the obsessive thoughts, I have the same. This only got better when I started getting better through the protocol. Every month I am closer to recovery, and incidentally I forgive myself a bit more each month.

It's not a competition but you should be grateful your symptoms are not too bad. After 4 months I was an absolute wreck, and I know plenty who were way worse than me. It can help put things in perspective.

Personnaly sleep has been my first symptom to go. My first month I was sleeping 3-4 hours a night, my 2nd and 3rd month I would sleep 6h with no deep sleep, and starting from the 4th month it got normal. I now sleep 7-8h easy, and it's deep sleep.

I would recommend you look into the sleep supplements of the protocol. I just take glycine and magnesium, and I fall asleep within 5min after my breathing exercises.

Don't hesitate to reach out, sometimes there may not be much replies but we're here
    Hey bud, appreciate the reply. I've followed your thread as a lurker for a good while and it has served as a great inspiration, it's great to see how far you've come.
    Thanks for the perspective, I'm looking into the supplements as we speak. Today I drove out into the woods and swam in a beautiful -frigid- creek. Cold water exposure seems to really do well for me in terms of sleep so we'll see how tonight goes. Anyhow, glad to hear from you, I'm sure we'll correspond more as time goes by.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably had my most complete night of sleep in months today, but for some reason I'm far more fatigued than i've been in weeks. I feel like falling asleep at every moment. Leads me to wonder if the fatigue is indeed from a lack of sleep which has been pretty serious, or if it's due to other imbalances. Probably a combination of both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting 100% tomorrow. i'll come back in a month to share an update. I have a big concert mid september where i'll probably blow out a bit on the intoxicants but that'll be the only time i let things slip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a month since I shared anything, just wanted to give an update. I'm in a big transitional stage in life and 100% embracing the protocol hasn't happened quite yet, but I've been following it as closely as possible. My sleep is almost normal now, but still has a ways to go. I can say now that I do feel somewhat rested after I wake up, which was not my reality for months after I stopped taking finasteride, when the first few minutes of my day were a hell of complete exhaustion, fatigue, and lethargy. I still deal with a good amount of fatigue on a daily basis, and unfortunately the resolving sleep issues haven't fully fixed this as I had hoped they would, so this is the next symptom I hope to see resolved through this process. There's also a little depersonalization at times, but if I stay engaged with the present it doesn't rear its ugly head. It is certainly tied into and exacerbated by anxiety, so that is something to be aware of. My libido is still about 80% of what it was pre-fin but erections are okay and my sexual health overall isn't completely null. I still crave sex but that primal desire is something that I haven't felt in a long time. Positives to report are that i'm starting to get into pretty good shape and I'm lifting heavier weight than I ever have, even after a lifetime of being an athlete. Not sure why my strength has jumped so much but it's something I'm really jazzed about. Excited to have more of this clear up over the coming months, I see the vibrancy coming back every day and it's good to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate being a hypochondriac. I think most people at this point would consider themselves recovered from finasteride yet I feel like I'm depersonalizing myself and psychosomatically inducing symptoms. there could be a different world where I would be living out this stage of my life to its fullest if I wasn't so obsessive. I just want to feel normal and the combination of hypochondria, the actual shit this drug did to me, and the way my perception of reality being broken like this makes me feel like i'll be caught in this for a very long time. It's a mental game at this point and I hate to admit it but i feel traumatized. that in and of itself is so hard to recover from, and I fear when my symptoms pass I'll still be stuck, scarred by this.
    Last edited by Flapjack; 09-30-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent years thinking it was all in my head, but it’s probably not. You won’t be caught in this for a very long time, because you have the protocol.

I would just jump on the full protocol, 100%, and see where you’re at in 6 months. If you need to keep going, keep going. Don’t stop until you reach 100% (or even beyond that.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as of now I'd put myself at 90%, coming up on 6 months since my crash. I think I am making a natural recovery, as my crash wasn't as brutal as what seems typical in the PFS world. However, I'm back on the protocol at 100% now, if not for a 100% recovery, for the pursuit of self improvement in all facets of my life. I truly feel like the best days are ahead and this program seems like the blueprint to achieve it. I'll check in again in another month. Cheers everyone.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for you my man.

I can really relate with the obsessive thoughts, everyday I wish I didnt take that single pill it's really hard. I am not as recovered as you, but I know it's gonna be a challenge to reintegrate real life once I am, because I will always be scared.

Keep it up with the protocol, I think you'll be 100% soon