Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
I have PFS induced tinnitus. I got exposed to loud sounds at the dental cleaning, I had a huge spike, but it wasn't permanent. I don't mean that I'm tinnitus free, but it has generally lowered, and I had a handful of days (in the last 8 months) where it was really low.

I was the first one to be scared of tinnitus. I still am, but now that I understand what's going on, I realize that it's a biochemical response, rather than a physical damage. At least for me, it's a nervous system activation issue. If I expose myself to sounds, I will be sensitive to sounds for a few days. This lead me to believe that it's physical damage, but I always get back to baseline, and I recover much quicker with NMDA blocking substances, which tells me it's more a limbic system activation or excitoxicity.

I would recommend taking things that blocks the NMDA receptors (bacopa, magnesium threonate, gotu kola). Taking care of your liver and gut can also help tinnitus and sound sensitivity, as an overloaded liver or gut dysbiosis produces an excess of ammonia which stimulates NMDA receptors.

You got this king
Thanks man, I'm glad guys like you with a deeper understanding of these mechanisms are here on this forum to have our backs.
Really sucks, I've had tinnitus forever and habituated to the point where I literally hadn't thought of it in maybe 2-3 years save for the brief moments in a quiet room where it would resurface.

The fact that I didn't have muffled hearing or any noticeable hearing loss from after the show is encouraging, It is absolutely an issue with an overactive nervous system. I wonder if this has anything to do with the B vitamin debacle I went through a few weeks ago, as both you and turnover's tinnitus seemed to spike around the same time as consuming those supplements.

Unfortunately that night I also had a sugar free red bull (Yeah, I know...) which if I recall correctly, contains B vitamins and of course, gut disrupting artificial sweeteners. I'm rambling at this point but yeah... Hope this goes back to baseline soon. Thanks brother.