Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bicep excercise to strengthen pulling power

Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    That I can^. I don't know if this is really strong, but I can hammer curl 75's without cheating, and that was in October. Since starting jits, I have laid off weights but I plan on getting after it now. My weakness is standing and bending over. Sometimes I can't even lift the garbage out of the can unless I am supporting my weight.

I will have to weigh myself on video and do some pullups so you guys know i'm not bullshittin ya'.
    I believe you, but Id like to see the video anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noa, think of it this way:

Focusing all of your efforts on your rows, pullups, and trap work will make your grip stronger, improve your posture (both in a literal sense and a BJJ sense), and assist in keeping your shoulders healthy. Good posture and strong traps make it nearly impossible to get triangle'd and help to keep your neck healthy.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Noa, think of it this way:

Focusing all of your efforts on your rows, pullups, and trap work will make your grip stronger, improve your posture (both in a literal sense and a BJJ sense), and assist in keeping your shoulders healthy. Good posture and strong traps make it nearly impossible to get triangle'd and help to keep your neck healthy.
    For a couple years of reading your posts Rodja, I wish you lived in my area. Your prevention excercises and ideas, I wish you would do a whole thread on and make it a sticky.

I think i'm going to spend the next month at least on all pulling and rowing type movements and forego any bicep isolation excercises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so bored at work I banged out some underhand pullups. 2 sets of 4 reps. Then did some stairs.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    For a couple years of reading your posts Rodja, I wish you lived in my area. Your prevention excercises and ideas, I wish you would do a whole thread on and make it a sticky.

I think i'm going to spend the next month at least on all pulling and rowing type movements and forego any bicep isolation excercises.
    What in particular would you like me to make a thread about? I enjoy writing and am always open to suggestions and requests.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in particular would you like me to make a thread about? I enjoy writing and am always open to suggestions and requests.
    You know, I am open to activating the content management system that comes with vBulletin, if any QUALIFIED members would like to regularly publish articles. I have given the same offer to infamy, and you know I consider you qualified as well. I would allow you full copyright retention, and all articles can include a linkback to original publication (your blog).

This is in no way a push for you to do it, just a friendly offer. If interested pm me.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^i take infamy's anabolic advice as gospel, burly's cycle advice in the same way..........id love to go after a strength program eventually and push myself, and i hold rodja's opinion in that area like the two guys above

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ^^^i take infamy's anabolic advice as gospel, burly's cycle advice in the same way..........id love to go after a strength program eventually and push myself, and i hold rodja's opinion in that area like the two guys above
    That offer would apply to any of those members.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the above would be great for this Forum and the Members!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preventative excercises. Things I can do to make my body recover faster. Also a tutorial on proper body mechanics, as I have heard you talk about one thing throwing another thing off, or correcting imbalances. I have paid attention to a lot of what you have written, but never really pursued the "lead" ( info ) with any real intention.

I feel like now that I am in something I can compete in and be passionate about, I would pay more attention and incorporate the knowledge. Honestly the things you have mentioned before I really had no clue about, they don't talk about it in the bodybuilding magazines I read.

But yeah, I feel like with your knowledge, I can make a more accurate Point A, to Point B journey as opposed to doing things a bit hap-hazardly and going around the mountain. Tall order and it's asking a lot, but I think a lot of guys here would appreciate it.