User Tag List

Threaded View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanting to get into prohormones but have a few questions

I'm a unique PFS sufferer who never took Fin, but instead seem to have gotten it from excessive weed smoking and other behaviors as a teenager. As such I don't have the severity of effects that many sufferers do, and I react quite well to most herb cycling though I do build up resistance quite quick.

I'm 26 at the moment, and I'm not somewhat recovered as long as I'm boosted with herbs and supplements. I've been cycling herbs and supplements intuitively for the past 3-4 years, I didn't realize there was supposed to be a science behind it like there is on this forum. I also incidentally ran across Wim Hof method like this forum recommends too.

I want to get into pro-hormones to really boost my recovery and help me feel better, even if it's just for 8 weeks. However, I have a few pressing questions:

1. Are prohormones suppressive? Is any sort of PCT needed?

2. I'm prone to hairloss when I take very androgenic herbs and supplements, will prohormones have the same effect? Are there some that make you lose more hair than others?

3. My most pressing symptom is bad insomnia. Is there a certain pro-hormone that worse/better for that than the others.

4. What are the potential risks of prohormones that I should watch out for?

5. How are you supposed to rub the cream onto your chest/shoulders/stomach area if those areas are covered in hair? Should you just rub in areas where there isn't hair, like the sides of the torso?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit, here are my blood test results if this helps come up with any specific advice or recommendations. SHBG, prolactin, estrogen and cortisol are a touch high.

Total testosterone - 17.8 nmol/L - (6 - 28)

SHBG - 45 nmol/L - (15 - 50)

Free testosterone - 308 pmol/L - (200 - 600)

FSH - 4 IU/L - (1 - 8)

LH - 2 IU/L - (2 - 8)

Oestradiol - 115 pmol/L - (< 150)

Progesterone - 2.8 nmol/L - (< 4.1)

Prolactin - 292 mIU/L - (45 - 375)

Cortisol - 427 nmol/L - (110 - 550)

FT4 - 13.0 pmol/L - (9.0 - 25.0)

TSH - 1.68 mIU/L - (0.40 - 4.00)

FT3 - 5.8 pmol/L - (3.5 - 6.5)

Vitamin D - 88 nmol/L - (deficiency <50 nmol/L)

Insulin - 5 mIU/L - (2 - 12 mU/L)

DHEA-sulphate - 8.1 μmol/L - (4.8 - 13.9)
    Last edited by Cherry; 11-03-2021 at 09:29 PM.