User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to improve sleep quality? Need some advice

Hey fellow sufferers,

I'm looking for some advice to improve my sleep quality. 9 out 10 nights I don't have a deep restful sleep.
    This means that I usually wake up about 3-5 times a night. As a result, I feel extremely tired and stressed the next day. I also find it very difficult to concentrate, which is a problem at work and in my studies.
    This is one of the worst symptoms for me right now.

Sometimes I'm a lucky guy and I can sleep pretty well, which has a huge impact in the next day.
    I feel happy, relaxed, emotional and full of energy....like before this shit has happened.
    I don't know why this happens from time to time.

I tried the following things to achieve better results regarding to my sleep issues:
    - Fasting
    - No food and drinks in the evening / night
    - Magnesium
    - 5 htp
    - Theanine
    - Taurine

But none of these have helped in the long run.
    I don't know if it will be useful for you, but I am following the Paleo Diet.

Has anyone experiences how to improve the sleep quality?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Glycine, magnesium, and cutting off looking at TV/phone screens 2 hours before bed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissTom87 View Post
    Hey fellow sufferers,

I'm looking for some advice to improve my sleep quality. 9 out 10 nights I don't have a deep restful sleep.
    This means that I usually wake up about 3-5 times a night. As a result, I feel extremely tired and stressed the next day. I also find it very difficult to concentrate, which is a problem at work and in my studies.

Sometimes I'm a lucky guy and I can sleep pretty well, which has a huge impact in the next day.
    I feel happy, relaxed, emotional and full of energy....like before this shit has happened.

I tried the following things to achieve better results regarding to my sleep issues:
    - Fasting
    - Magnesium
    - 5 htp
    - Theanine
    - Taurine

are you following the protocol? sleep has by FAR been my biggest issue and a few months ago my symptoms were a mirror of yours. Now I wake up maybe once a night, reach deep sleep for at least a few hours, and when I do wake up, it's generally later in the morning - 4 to 6 am or so - and then I can squeeze in another hour or two of decent sleep. I'm still not back to normal with regard to restful sleep and fatigue is definitely fucking with me on a daily basis, but with effort I function at essentially the same level as before fin. Following the protocol to a T has brought me into the best physical health i've been in since I was a high school athlete and I am genuinely so excited to see where i'll be in another 6 months. I just moved to a new place after taking a job and have fallen off over the past week in the chaos of the move but i'll be back on 100% once i can establish a routine. Should definitely close this chapter in no time. If you're not, please consider hitting this shit at 100%. I hope to hear of your improvement soon.

Best,

Flapjack
    Last edited by Flapjack; 11-28-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weighted blanket. Oh my goodness weighted blanket. It's heavenly.

My sleep has recovered though, prior to me (nearly) starting the protocol. But I'd have gotten a weighted blanket in sooner had I known how awesome they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey fellow sufferers,

- Fasting
    - Magnesium
    - 5 htp
    - Theanine
    - Taurine

Lemon balm and drinking kava are good

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finvic nailed it, glycine and magnesium really helped me this summer. I also have my phone 24/7 on bluelight mode.

Also, try eating some greek yogourt before going to sleep. It has an amino-acid called tryptophan that helps your body produce serotonin and melatonin, which makes you a bit drowsy. Placebo or not, I honestly see a difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tips guys :-)
    Probably I will try to take magnesium again in the evening.
    In addition, I've bought a tea with different ingredients which should be helpful to relax and to calm down.

What I've noticed is when I exercise, my sleep is much worse than usual. It doesn't matter if I run 5 km or I do weight lifting.
    Now I have decided that I am going to give my body a break for about two weeks. I just want to see if there is any effect on my sleep quality.
    Usually people sleep better who have an active lifestyle with a lot of sport.

I've already changed my job 2 months ago. My previous job was a disaster for pfs with a lot of stress and long hours.
    Right now I'm very happy with my career change.
    @Flapjack
    Yes, I'm following the protocol as best as I can.

I wish you all a good recovery.
    All the best

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tips guys :-)
    Probably I will try to take magnesium again in the evening.
    In addition, I've bought a tea with different ingredients which should be helpful to relax and to calm down.

What I've noticed is when I exercise, my sleep is much worse than usual. It doesn't matter if I run 5 km or I do weight lifting.
    Now I have decided that I am going to give my body a break for about two weeks. I just want to see if there is any effect on my sleep quality.
    Usually people sleep better who have an active lifestyle with a lot of sport.

I've already changed my job 2 months ago. My previous job was a disaster for pfs with a lot of stress and long hours.
    Right now I'm very happy with my career change.
    @Flapjack
    Yes, I'm following the protocol as best as I can.

I wish you all a good recovery.
    All the best
    Sleep |
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"