User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about protocol herbs...

While in the process of stocking up on an herb rotation supply, I found a number of comments on Lost Empire Herbs by users to the effect that some of the test boosting herbs have caused them side effects, some of which we here are familiar with (low libido, etc). While this has not discouraged me from proceeding with my mission, I do have to ask if anyone can tell me why we should not be concerned with these possible test boosting side effects ourselves? I am admittedly scarred from having been screwed over by Saw Palmetto, an herb itself of course, so I am seeking out input and reassurance in this arena. One of the reasons I used Saw Palmetto for as long as I did (6 months) is because it would periodically raise my libido and give effects of heightened test, while never (until shortly before I quit it) showing any adverse suppression type effects. I've already experimented with Pine Pollen tincture and Mucuna and Maca to get a feel for these herbs, and while the effects are immensely enjoyable after being in a PFS state for nearly 4 months, I must admit that the feeling is somewhat similar to the Saw Palmetto effects which I mistook as positive side effects. For this reason, and having read some of the aforementioned user reviews on Lost Empire about "crashing" from some of the protocol herbs, I am curious to know why I shouldn't expect to have an adverse downturn after the initial test spike, as I did with Saw P? Is it recommended that I get extensive bloodwork done before undertaking this protocol? All I know is that my total test is 650 (this is the only hormone my GP ordered to have tested, unfortunately). Would getting a clear picture of my hormonal state help with answering my question, or is it more or less irrelevant if I'm nonetheless having PFS symptoms? For whatever it's worth, the overwhelming majority of my symptoms/concerns are sexual/libido-related.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi man, no need for bloods. Generally speaking, the herbs shouldn't crash you. They are simply there to gently nudge your hormones and body to homeostasis over time.
    However, some people tolerate some herbs while others don't, so it's totally fine to bin an herb and replace it with another. For example, if I remember right, Maxout didnt feel good on Maca. He binned it and still recovered. Go by feel, and know that no herb will seriously harm you. Might set you back a few days at best.

I was cautious like you in the beginning, and those are the 7 I started with: He Shou Wu, Cistanche, Rhodolia, Mucuna, Tongkat Ali, Black Ants, Royal Jelly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood. I just have this anxiety when I notice a positive effect from herbs now, thanks to the saw palmetto, which, as I said, gave me these massive libido kicks prior to shutting me down months later. Guess I'm just traumatized. I see you went with quite a few that I decided against, but again I am likely being way too analytical, and tried to pick out those which didnt seem to have high estrogenic activity. However, it's probably better to have a balance, so I may go back and get the Cistanche and He Shou Wu and Royal Jelly as well...I may be overestimating the over all impact of these herbs, but I seem to be a hyper responder to them (this would of course be a positive thing if it weren't for me experience with saw palmetto tainting my view).
    Funny that a few here have done away with Maca due to perceived negative impacts, but damn, I found it to affect me very positively.
    On the topic of altering your approach as you go, I think a part of me is worried I may misdiagnose what a particular herb is doing due to this whole protocol involving taking so many in succession. Wondering if it may be wise to start by doing each herb for one day, then waiting a day before taking the next, to get a clear picture of their individual effects....I dont know. Probably overthinking yet again.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Understood. I just have this anxiety when I notice a positive effect from herbs now, thanks to the saw palmetto, which, as I said, gave me these massive libido kicks prior to shutting me down months later. Guess I'm just traumatized. I see you went with quite a few that I decided against, but again I am likely being way too analytical, and tried to pick out those which didnt seem to have high estrogenic activity. However, it's probably better to have a balance, so I may go back and get the Cistanche and He Shou Wu and Royal Jelly as well...I may be overestimating the over all impact of these herbs, but I seem to be a hyper responder to them (this would of course be a positive thing if it weren't for me experience with saw palmetto tainting my view).
    Funny that a few here have done away with Maca due to perceived negative impacts, but damn, I found it to affect me very positively.
    On the topic of altering your approach as you go, I think a part of me is worried I may misdiagnose what a particular herb is doing due to this whole protocol involving taking so many in succession. Wondering if it may be wise to start by doing each herb for one day, then waiting a day before taking the next, to get a clear picture of their individual effects....I dont know. Probably overthinking yet again.
    Definitely over thinking it. NOTHING in this protocol will negatively effect you or make you crash. NOTHING.

It wouldn't be listed there in the first place if that was the case.

The herbs are supposed to make you feel good. You gotta get out of your head and just stick to the program.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"