While in the process of stocking up on an herb rotation supply, I found a number of comments on Lost Empire Herbs by users to the effect that some of the test boosting herbs have caused them side effects, some of which we here are familiar with (low libido, etc). While this has not discouraged me from proceeding with my mission, I do have to ask if anyone can tell me why we should not be concerned with these possible test boosting side effects ourselves? I am admittedly scarred from having been screwed over by Saw Palmetto, an herb itself of course, so I am seeking out input and reassurance in this arena. One of the reasons I used Saw Palmetto for as long as I did (6 months) is because it would periodically raise my libido and give effects of heightened test, while never (until shortly before I quit it) showing any adverse suppression type effects. I've already experimented with Pine Pollen tincture and Mucuna and Maca to get a feel for these herbs, and while the effects are immensely enjoyable after being in a PFS state for nearly 4 months, I must admit that the feeling is somewhat similar to the Saw Palmetto effects which I mistook as positive side effects. For this reason, and having read some of the aforementioned user reviews on Lost Empire about "crashing" from some of the protocol herbs, I am curious to know why I shouldn't expect to have an adverse downturn after the initial test spike, as I did with Saw P? Is it recommended that I get extensive bloodwork done before undertaking this protocol? All I know is that my total test is 650 (this is the only hormone my GP ordered to have tested, unfortunately). Would getting a clear picture of my hormonal state help with answering my question, or is it more or less irrelevant if I'm nonetheless having PFS symptoms? For whatever it's worth, the overwhelming majority of my symptoms/concerns are sexual/libido-related.