Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRT

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has tried to TRT?

Hey guys, I crashed in September 2020. All tye symptoms. Discovered TRT helped many PFS guys heal. Started TRT in May 2021. I’m still not completely healed. Brain fog and cognitive symptoms are wretched, but not as bad pre-TRT. Brain fog is still awful. Sexual numbness. My provider is surprised. Brain fog is one of the first symptoms to heal. My guys who heal are sitting at 1500-2000 ng/dl. I’m at 648. Obviously I need to up my dose if I expect symptom resolution. TRT is a life long commitment I’m still unsure I want to take. Potential vascular problems. Atrophied sack and hair like Chewbacca, lol. I’ll do whatever it takes to get my life back which seems to be what men who face this illness have to do. CD’s protocol is different. I’m open to different approaches. Is CD protocol life long commitment as well? Any other advice is appreciated. 🙏
    Last edited by MPW; 01-16-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TRT does not have a good track record with healing PFS, and as you know, oftentimes causes more issues. Are you saying that guys who have healed from specifically PFS via TRT have worked their test levels up to 1500-2000 ng/dl? I'm just curious, as I am myself also at 650 total test (I assume you were referring to total?), or at least I was a couple months back prior to beginning the protocol.
    CD's protocol is not intended to be a lifetime commitment so far as resolving PFS is concerned, but it can be continued as long as one wishes. As for its application to curing PFS, the general consensus around here seems to be that fairly strict adherence to the protocol will usually yield the intended results in anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. At the very least, it is advised to keep up with the protocol for a few months *after* a few months of symptom resolution has passed. Some, like myself, intend to go beyond simply curing PFS symptoms and wish to take our health to levels upward and onward thereafter, so the protocol is going to be a part of our lives for as long as we wish to keep progressing.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    TRT does not have a good track record with healing PFS, and as you know, oftentimes causes more issues. Are you saying that guys who have healed from specifically PFS via TRT have worked their test levels up to 1500-2000 ng/dl? I'm just curious, as I am myself also at 650 total test (I assume you were referring to total?), or at least I was a couple months back prior to beginning the protocol.
    CD's protocol is not intended to be a lifetime commitment so far as resolving PFS is concerned, but it can be continued as long as one wishes. As for its application to curing PFS, the general consensus around here seems to be that fairly strict adherence to the protocol will usually yield the intended results in anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. At the very least, it is advised to keep up with the protocol for a few months *after* a few months of symptom resolution has passed. Some, like myself, intend to go beyond simply curing PFS symptoms and wish to take our health to levels upward and onward thereafter, so the protocol is going to be a part of our lives for as long as we wish to keep progressing.
    This^^^^^^^

And good for you. Once you get a taste of truly vibrant health, you don't want to settle for anything less. Good luck to you.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello If you want my opinion: I was also on TRT for 8 months and was able to benefit from it but it never cured my PFS. It took away my huge brain fog, and it gave me physical and psychological energy. And that's all.

Then I discovered this forum and I was able to understand that TRT is against protocol. I haven't renewed the testosterone injection that I should have done 11 days ago... and honestly I'm neither exhausted nor depressed. The brain fog didn't come back either. I just lost a lot of strength, nothing dramatic.

The most complicated will be to "relaunch the machine" but the protocol should be our crutch. (sorry for my english, I know it is bad)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isseo View Post
    Hello If you want my opinion: I was also on TRT for 8 months and was able to benefit from it but it never cured my PFS. It took away my huge brain fog, and it gave me physical and psychological energy. And that's all.

Then I discovered this forum and I was able to understand that TRT is against protocol. I haven't renewed the testosterone injection that I should have done 11 days ago... and honestly I'm neither exhausted nor depressed. The brain fog didn't come back either. I just lost a lot of strength, nothing dramatic.

The most complicated will be to "relaunch the machine" but the protocol should be our crutch. (sorry for my english, I know it is bad)
    The protocol is the ultimate "restart" Give it time to do it's thing, and it will.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for weighing in. I’ve talked to two or three guys too healed PFS on TRT. sorry that wasn’t clear. They are sitting at 1500 to 2000 which seems to be the sweet spot for full symptom resolution According to them. Yes I am at 650 ng/dl total test.
    Last edited by MPW; 01-17-2022 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it. That’s interesting that you resolved we are huge brain fog. That’s my major symptom. I find physical and psychological energy can’t endure daily stress. It’s better than early in my recovery. But temperamental. One step forward two steps back. And so on.

That’s good your mind is still clear and you’re not having mental health issues.

Your English is just fine! Yeah relaunch the machine is a good call. We Can’t live like this! Honestly the recovery stories are ready on here have really pulled me toward this protocol over TRT. Not that i think I could eventually get a full recovery on TRT. But is it worth it in the long run is the question I asked myself. I Use transcrotal cream which is safer than injections. It’s a pain. I need to watch my hct daily. long run, there’s plenty of good medical debate about the potential negative or severe long-term effects. Good evidence on both sides of the TRT debate. I appreciate the recovery stories. CDs protocol has a natural holistic approach to building back what fin damaged and building and maintaining health for a lifetime.
    Last edited by MPW; 01-17-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious: what symptoms were left to resolve before you stopped injections and switched protocols? Thanks

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MPW View Post
    Thanks for weighing in. I’ve talked to two or three guys too healed PFS on TRT. sorry that wasn’t clear. They are sitting at 1500 to 2000 which seems to be the sweet spot for full symptom resolution According to them. Yes I am at 650 ng/dl total test.
    Regardless of how high they get their test, it will not resolve PFS symptoms. Otherwise, there would be no need for this protocol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think there’s success disses your protocol whatsoever. One big encouragement to me is a guy who has recovered for two years now. Who am I to say it’s not a true recovery. The recovery stories here are really encouraging. And there are a lot of them! I just know that TRT for life may not be for me. In fact, I found it interesting that you use a hormone stack. That probably substitutes for TRT in many ways. And I’m wondering if it might be safer. TRT by itself is probably ineffective to treat PFS without addressing neuro and gut which you do here. They’ve eaten incredibly clean. Which is an area I need to work on. I probably haven’t addressed my gut health issues. Certainly, nothing I’m doing is helping my neurological sides much. They tend to think that TRT is the foundation from which all healing from PFS flows. I’m not really interested in getting tribal. I think you’re offering something that’s really substantially helping guys. In fact one of the TRT guys linked to your recovery story page to encourage other guys. That’s how I found you. I just know how draining PFS is. I’m trying to make the best decision for myself and my family. I’m curious to hear your take. Thank you for your reply!
    Last edited by MPW; 01-18-2022 at 03:09 PM.