User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Not a PFS sufferer but I'm starting CD's protocol so this will be my journal in hopes of restoring my health.

Have started a 12 month juice feast today. I'm going extra long as I'm really not in good shape, not even able to tolerate solid food any more.

Hopefully this forum still has some life in it. Will probably update after my first week is completed.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fucking blender blew up...

CD wasn't joking when he said a regular blender won't cut it. Postponing for a few days until I have a new one and will be buying a Vitamix.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck on this journey to you man! Keep us updated

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started juicing with the Vitamix, going much better.

Water fasting for 14 days would definitely be the easier option but it won't be enough for me - my intestines need a long time to heal, even the juice is sitting for hours in my stomach but I think my body will metabolize it quicker as time goes on. Increasing the amount every day and will work up to 6L per day.

Focusing on spinach, celery, apples, carrot and cucumber mostly. Might throw in some pineapple or watermelon on occasion but I want to keep it pretty simple since I'm going 12 months. I still don't get how guys are able to pump out there juice in 1.5 hours, it took me that amount of time to make 3L this morning. If any juice feast gurus have any advice to make things quicker please don't hesitate to mention.

Not much to update with at this stage, going to be a long process for me. I do sleep a bit better already and feel better as I haven't been able to eat solid food properly for months now so getting these nutrients in will definitely allow my body to start healing instead of declining. Just wish I thought of juice feasting sooner, not sure why I didn't - maybe because of the work required I had already unconsciously dismissed it.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about returning my blender and getting a good cold pressed juicer.

For 12 months I think it might be more efficient using a good juicer.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD recommends not going past 90 days so I'll be breaking the juice feast nearing the end of April. Hopefully this is long enough for my gut and intestines to heal and allows me to reintroduce solid foods. Also I'll be sticking with the blender since I will get more use out of it after the 90 days are over. Was going to switch to a juicer if I was going to go for 12 months.

Noticed some improvements so far on the juice feast - sleep is better and gum recession is healing. For the past couple of days the bloating, diarrhea and brain fog has been brutal though, most likely just my stomach adjusting to this new way of eating but can't wait for it to pass.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stomach is still turning and feeling really achy in my back, arms and neck.

I'm going to try removing apples for a day and see if I feel better. I have struggled with allergies to the majority of fruits most of my life so going to go pure vegetable juice briefly and see what happens. Oranges are the worst for me and grapes, pears and apples have been slightly behind so doesn't leave me with a lot of options for fruit.

Does anybody know if juicing bananas is okay? Usually could tolerate one or two a day without issues but I haven't seen them mentioned in any recipes for cleansing so I assumed no.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly think I have to endure these symptoms and hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel, for me with how low my health is it might take 30-45 days on juice for that to occur.

Removed the apples this morning and still ran straight to the bathroom. On my way to work and stomach is still turning and cramping, brain fog also still present. Feel almost as bad but my juice tastes horrible without the fruit. Almost through the first week though.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t mind me asking, what Health issues are you trying to resolve ? It sounds like gastrointestinal issues on a base level , but am interested to see what led non pfs guys to embark on the protocol. Good luck

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AltRoute View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking, what Health issues are you trying to resolve ? It sounds like gastrointestinal issues on a base level , but am interested to see what led non pfs guys to embark on the protocol. Good luck
    So I was actually PFS originally. Crashed end of 2016 and completely recovered middle of 2017. I got lucky using a mix of CD's protocol with some of Ray Peat's ideas. I began with a water fast and the diet I eased into over months was low fat Peat inspired and that mixed with CD's herbs, along with K2 and niacinamide seemed to be what my body needed to recover. I took really large doses of everything and if I could go back I would have done the same but at more sensible dosages. By the end of it my kidneys were so sore I was bed-ridden for several weeks and couldn't even lift a kettle.

Despite recovering managed to tank my health back down through stupid experimental dieting and not paying attention to things that didn't agree with me as I would typically be busy with work and life. Since then I've had several times I've been almost back to that recovery stage and done something to set my self back and most recently it was adding 1L of orange juice to my diet for a month (didn't realise how much damage it was causing until after I removed it) which really destroyed my intestines and colon and afterwards the only relief I got was going carnivore (I think due to the removal of fiber it wasn't inflaming my intestines) but I think that was my worst decision and should have just juice fasted instead. So now I'm stuck in a state with damaged intestines, low stomach acid, bacterial/fungal overgrowth due to low metabolism and the reason I'm opting for CD's protocol is that I think it's one of the best health protocols for most conditions and it makes sense to me - especially if lead with a good cleanse.