User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    I have a license to hunt. I took my hunters safety course 26 or so years ago with my father (who was already a licensed and life-long hunter) and my younger brother.

A .223 happens to be one of the more common high powered rifles used to hunt larger game in this country. It also happens to be the caliber of many "assault rifles". In Ohio a few larger caliber handguns can also be used for hunting deer and some other animals. The caliber of a gun has nothing to do with how certain individuals (psychos) will use them... just like any other tool.

It is my belief that every person wishing to hunt or to even purchase a gun should be required to take a class or classes and be required to pass a test or tests before purchases of licenses or weapons be made. Ideally, the test should have a decent amount of questions that would help to expose issues of mental instability.

we're not so far off on our point of view, you and I.

and as I stated, with proper training and licensing, i believe you are fully entitled to your hunting weapons. When I mentioned caliber, I guess I meant more the weapon itself. Assault rifles, repeat action, pump action shotgun, explosives and weapons like that, IMO have no place in hunting. I apologize if that wasn't clear.
    I understand a handgun can be used for hunting, i just believe they shouldn't. They are easy to conceal and if the price of not having that threat around is that a few hunters might have to adapt, I would be ok with that.

I'm leaving work now, so im kinda off this. Sorry if I've offended anyone, just meant to express my point of view on this. Me and the family are digesting the news as they come and it can be a little challenging.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    So are you saying that everyone should report someone saying "im gonna kill so and so" to some mass shooting office thing and they would then flag that individual as unable to own a gun? I say undoable. What someone feels is threatening is very subjective, as many are threatened by the color of my skin and my size (and im not very big).

If you are saying a comprehensive mental evaluation must be obtained to own a gun, I would agree that that could be a step in the right direction.
    See my previous post for a response to that.

When President Obama was going to appear in a town not far from me, some smart-ass kid got up and left his college class saying he was going to go shoot the President. Whether or not the idiot was being sarcastic - he was reported to authorities, arrested by campus security, reported to local law enforcement and then the FBI got involved. Most of the time it's not hard to tell if people have truly bad intentions or if they are just angry at the moment. If statements are made and someone perceives it as a viable threat, then it is their responsibility to report it to the proper authorities.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at a loss for words, I had a great day of training in the gym, got in my car to get back to the real world and hear about this. I still haven't even read about the whole thing. I kind of dont want to. From all I've heard it's painfully sad.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - being canadian i probably dont understand the argument about the risks out there and need to defend seeing we dont see shit like that here, not to mention on the regular basis
    (edmonton had highest murder rate last year, 43 homicides for the year, its the 5th largest city in the country)
    - gun laws in the US are pretty light

- i like the idea of the classes and tests, it would deter alot of the people buying for criminal purposes

i would like to say a ton more but as burly stated it will become a heated political debate that was inspired by a mindless tragedy

jmo, one does not need firearms to protect his family and/or feel safe......if any one individual truly feels they need arms to feel safe, i suggest to relocate

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    jmo, one does not need firearms to protect his family and/or feel safe......if any one individual truly feels they need arms to feel safe, i suggest to relocate
    before i leave, i gotta say. this is dead on, DJ. i would not live in brazil again, safety of my family being one of the very big concerns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    we're not so far off on our point of view, you and I.

and as I stated, with proper training and licensing, i believe you are fully entitled to your hunting weapons. When I mentioned caliber, I guess I meant more the weapon itself. Assault rifles, repeat action, pump action shotgun, explosives and weapons like that, IMO have no place in hunting. I apologize if that wasn't clear.
    I understand a handgun can be used for hunting, i just believe they shouldn't. They are easy to conceal and if the price of not having that threat around is that a few hunters might have to adapt, I would be ok with that.

I'm leaving work now, so im kinda off this. Sorry if I've offended anyone, just meant to express my point of view on this. Me and the family are digesting the news as they come and it can be a little challenging.
    Repeat action rifles and shotguns are needed when hunting. Quite often one shot will not bring down or sometimes even hit an animal. Have you ever tried shooting a rabbit on the run? What about a quail, pheasant or duck while they are flying? What about a deer on the run? It's hard to put them down with the first shot all the time.

I'll agree that explosives have no place in society.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Conneticut Shooting...

May God (or peace, if you prefer) be with the families in shock and horror.

I won't say more on the debate of guns tonight, except that I think the minds on this forum could come together on some middle ground long before the politicians in Washington.

Have a blessed night with your loved ones tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    With the crime rate climbing nearly everywhere, there really isn't many places where this kind of safe feeling exists. It's really sad, actually. It would be great if we all lived in Mayberry, but we don't.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get shit everytime i carried my gun from my wife .....now she always asking if i brought it..u just never know when something will happen..n most of the time it seems things like this nature take place where people feel safe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just happened today too :(

Wow!!! This is getting ridiculous!!! And people say gun control is the answer.

Knife attack at Chinese school wounds 22 children - CNN.com

22 students stabbed in China
    Last edited by Coolazice; 12-14-2012 at 08:04 PM.