User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    One thing that does not get mentioned much... Citizens with the right to bear arms will be a nice deterent for anyone thinking about invading America.
    who?and if so , why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Can we all agree at least that there is no fucking way anyone needs a gun like an ar15 for hunting? What are you hunting that requires an ar15? Of someone breaks into your home, what is the necessity of an ar15?
    haha poor guy just wants some jewelry

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I am glad this guy is dead but part of me is angry that he got off easy by killing himself...

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    who?and if so , why?

- - - Updated - - -

haha poor guy just wants some jewelry
    It mainly pertains to WWll and the Japanese. Land grab, resources, greed.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Repeat action rifles and shotguns are needed when hunting. Quite often one shot will not bring down or sometimes even hit an animal. Have you ever tried shooting a rabbit on the run? What about a quail, pheasant or duck while they are flying? What about a deer on the run? It's hard to put them down with the first shot all the time.

I'll agree that explosives have no place in society.
    Auto repeat fire weapons are only "needed" by hunters with poor shooting skills. My ancestors hunted in North America with muskets and didn't go hungry.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 12-14-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Wow!!! This is getting ridiculous!!! And people say gun control is the answer.

Knife attack at Chinese school wounds 22 children - CNN.com
    To be fair I felt significantly safer in China than I ever do in U.S. cities. Maybe because I'm a "giant" westerner to them, but I knew no one had a gun because the punishment for having one is crazy severe. Not even the police have them, only the military.

It's also way harder for a person to kill with a knife than with a gun. Compare a fully automatic assault weapon to some guy with a knife.

For the record, I like to have the right to own guns.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    To be fair I felt significantly safer in China than I ever do in U.S. cities. Maybe because I'm a "giant" westerner to them, but I knew no one had a gun because the punishment for having one is crazy severe. Not even the police have them, only the military.
    You think there is any correlation with the fact that it's a totalitarian state?
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conneticut Shooting...

It's easy to blame guns when something like this happens because we want to believe that something enabled this kid to be this evil, rather than the truth that the evil was already within in him in the form of whatever physiological illness he had. Furthermore, it's always a sad day when a child is killed regardless of the method.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    You think there is any correlation with the fact that it's a totalitarian state?
    It's actually quite nice over there, despite how their government is run.

The people who need guns have them. The people who don't need guns don't have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    It's easy to blame guns when something like this happens because we want to believe that something enabled this kid to be this evil, rather than the truth that the evil was already within in him in the form of whatever physiological illness he had. Furthermore, it's always a sad day when a child is killed regardless of the method.
    I don't think anyone is blaming guns (unless someone literally stated this). My point is, if the guy had a knife instead of a firearm, things would almost certainly be different. Let alone an automatic assault rifle.

Needless to say it's a tragedy regardless the method. Some sick fucks out there.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    Auto repeat fire weapons are only "needed" by hunters with poor shooting skills. My ancestors hunted in North America with muskets and didn't go hungry.
    Nobody said anything about "auto repeat fire weapons". I do feel we should be allowed to continue to hunt with pump-action shotguns and guns other than muskets though. Here in Ohio, we are required to have a 'choke' in our shotgun (while deer hunting) which limits the capacity of the gun to only 3 shells. That is a reasonable law, imo. There generally isn't time for shooting more than that anyway.

As soon as the technology became available, people (like your ancestors) began using guns with repeat action for hunting. This technology has been in use for well over 150 years, so please don't act as if it hasn't been around for very long. Winchester rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    It's also way harder for a person to kill with a knife than with a gun. Compare a fully automatic assault weapon to some guy with a knife.

For the record, I like to have the right to own guns.
    I agree that it is easier (or at least usually quicker) to kill with a gun than it is a knife, but it still doesn't change the fact that the end result can be the same.

The kid stole a couple hand guns (and a hunting rifle which remained in the car) from his mom (or other family) after he killed her, didn't he? Not quite sure why you are bringing up "fully automatic assault weapon"???