Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conneticut Shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    It's actually quite nice over there, despite how their government is run.

The people who need guns have them. The people who don't need guns don't have them.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone is blaming guns (unless someone literally stated this). My point is, if the guy had a knife instead of a firearm, things would almost certainly be different. Let alone an automatic assault rifle.

Needless to say it's a tragedy regardless the method. Some sick fucks out there.
    The people of China are nice because (broad sweeping, slightly racist statement coming) Asian people are generally nice and respectful people. It's safe there because of the fear of the government. Let's not forget they're little incident at the square where, when kids wanted change, the government ran over a kid with a tank. For all of the problems our guns cause, our government still remains afraid of us, as a government should be.

I have to disagree with your statement that no one is blaming the guns as the crux of the anti-gun statements imply that that if there were no guns this sort of thing wouldn't have happened. I live in a state where a man armed with a Ryder truck full of fertilizer blew up a building with day care on the bottom floor and over a hundred people died.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a relatively recent similar tragedy in the U.K. gun laws were made much more restrictive, and there was a massive outcry from gun clubs, etc.

Seems to have helped deal with the problem, but only time can tell.

At least if the shooter hadn't had access to automatic guns, there would almost certainly be less casualties and deaths.

A shocking, terrible thing to have happened. It's hard to really comprehend such a thing.

Edit. I was under the impression the shooter had automatic weapons because of such a high number of fatalities.

Gun law has to be reformed in the U.S. imo.
    Last edited by markam; 12-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    The people of China are nice because (broad sweeping, slightly racist statement coming) Asian people are generally nice and respectful people.
    as opposed to americans being??? lol sorry man haha

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    To anyone who is not American, we are all rich, arrogant, gun swinging, child imprisoning assholes.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BR99TAL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    To anyone who is not American, we are all rich, arrogant, gun swinging, child imprisoning assholes.
    ah now i know the truth!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Conneticut Shooting...

Seems to be the consensus of at least half of the world. The other half will figure it out. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conneticut Shooting...

Na, no need to apologize, it's true, we're assholes; big, fat, stupid assholes who are getting fatter and dumber by the minute. That's why our country is becoming more of a nanny state by the second. The rest of the world has hated us for years. It used to be hatred from envy back in the days when Detroit had a greater gross domestic product than most countries; but these days, it's from our miserable failures on a variety of different fronts and our baseless sense of entitlement.

There's a lot of things we could learn from other countries, but history teaches us that the greatest atrocities of all time began with disarmament of citizens. Moreover, comparing the USA to the rest of the world is a gross over simplification of this situation or any other situation because we are so drastically different than the rest of the world. Things that work elsewhere wouldn't work here. Additionally, if the Paris and London riots and the slow death of Greece are any indication, I'd say the entire world is a bit fucked up right now for reasons that extend far greater than gun control in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^great post, i agree on all fronts
    everywhere has there own issues.....and the image the us has, or stereotype now, ill just nod lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahhahahah
    missed the overweight and over consuming lol

canadians are supposedly passive people who live in fkn igloos

395313_3187940464332_1731347494_n.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conneticut Shooting...

^^^great post, i agree on all fronts
    everywhere has there own issues.....and the image the us has, or stereotype now, ill just nod lol
    It's not politically correct, but ugly stereotypes are based on ugly truths. I would laugh if it were not for the tears for what we have become. I do have hope though it may not seem that way. This country has had it's share of dark days like the one yesterday and we have always bounced back to become stronger.