User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are continuing to either slowly improve or maintain their ground. Mood, physical energy/vitality, and mental sharpness are really doing great. I'm starting to get more keen to little improvements in the various areas. I've seen CD mention that guys will eventually become more in tune with their bodies, and I feel that is what is happening, and allowing for this enhanced discerning ability.
    My mood and physical energy are by far benefiting the most. In these two categories I would actually say I'm better than I was for many years prior to PFS, and these categories are holding strong in their improvements. I wake up with energy and optimism, dying to go bask in the sun and work my body, and I go to sleep relaxed and at peace with where this is all headed, content with the work I am putting in, and the visible improvements in my physique; I'm not sure I would call myself a "skinny guy" anymore. My family and friends are commenting constantly on that front.
    As far as mental clarity, I can say I have a bit to go. I can also say that the weird PFS brain fog/"thinking through a blanket" feeling has not shown a trace of itself for about a week, and that was something that used to make an appearance almost daily, even if just for a few hours. Although that hellish depth has seemingly been overcome, I can't say I'm at 100% mental sharpness yet, but I am damn close. In the last few days I've had these breakthrough moments where my mind starts running off with calculations whenever I'm doing any numerical figuring, and I catch myself doing it and think, holy shit, that's something my brain hasn't been doing for 6 months! It's nice to see some of that clarity/sharpness coming back online from time to time, and strange that I didn't really notice it was missing until it started popping back up.
    On the sexual/libidinal front, we know that is the slowest to heal, so considering that I'm really satisfied with what progress is being made. ED is slowly fading, with ups and downs (pun intended), but the trajectory is now clearly in the right direction, which I couldn't say before the last week or 2. Along with that is libido, also up and down, but damn, after 5 months of almost zero (or even, at times, negative) libido, this is fairly amazing, and maybe the area of progress I am most thankful for. Visual arousal, something I had lost almost entirely, is actually coming back as well, and is assuredly also related to general libido, but damn, what a beautiful thing to experience again. There are sometimes a few days where this stuff is diminished, but I don't let it bother me at all, because seeing it keep coming back around stronger than before is enough to insulate me from my previous doomsday worries. Nofap is really working its magic in these areas as well. Outside of interaction with my fiance, I'm keeping things down there on lockdown.
    ....anyway, that's the current status. Put simply, things are great, and this shit no longer has any mental power over me. I feel like we are two combatants constantly circling each other, and I'm beginning to pin it down for longer and longer. It's just a matter of time before its energy runs out and I'm declared the winner
    I've also received some high grade Tribulus in the mail which I am really looking forward to working into my herb rotation. I feel like every week the herbs hit stronger, which is likely due to my baseline health constantly improving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....another observation regarding hair. I am tempted to not make notice of this, because I feel it could be my mind playing tricks on me, but I could swear my beard is beginning to grow at its normal rate again, and that my head hair needs washing more frequently due to its getting more oily quicker than its been doing for a while now.
    ...and another observation regarding skin...I've had an unusual amount of pimples pop up over the last 2 weeks on my face, back, shoulders, even chest to a lesser degree. I'm not talking puberty level, but more than I've had all at once in many years (?).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...one last thing, which I feel is very important evidence of dopamine recovery, is that I'm once again craving certain songs/music throughout the day. This is something I used to feel all the time, but appreciation for music disappeared along with everything else many months ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, looks like I've caught the first cold Ive had in 3 years and 3 months. I mistook the early symptoms for an impending downswing a couple of days ago and then it suddenly hit me like a truck last night. Full body aches and head pressure and fatigue. Temperature hovering at only about 100 though. I'm wondering if all the healthy living, including taking shilajit and royal jelly alongside my other herbs most days is what allowed this sickness to sort of hang in the background for a couple of days before it finally caught up with me. It was so subtle the first two days that I was still working out and doing HIIT, just wondering why my muscles were so sore and my sexual functioning was taking a nosedive for the first time in a while.
    Anyhow, all the healthy living has me really hating illness right now. I'm just not content to love in bed and watch movies like I would have been in the past. I keep looking over at the sunshine outside and feeling an urge to go do something.
    My new approach for this is going to be to take royal jelly and shilajit, and fast except for bone broth and apple cider vinegar. Still sitting out in the sun and taking vitamin d as well.
    Seems so strange to me that I get sick for thefirst time in over 3 years while I'm in the midst of the protocol and living the healthiest I ever have.....literally the last thing I wanted to deal with right now, when everything was going so well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, now that I've done some research, it no longer seems ironic that I've just now gotten a flu sickness for the first time in over 3 years. I've somehow managed to go all these years without knowing that apparently higher testosterone and androgen levels in general make mens immune system more susceptible to these kinds of illnesses. This actually explains everything, including the fact that many on here have noted men struggling with PFS rarely get sick. In other words, I take this illness as a good sign, and it did indeed seem to come out of nowhere when I felt on top of my game physically/strength wise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,to update, since getting sick last week, I've finally regained my baseline health. I was out of commission exactly 1 week. Went back to working out today, and fell a little short of my usual routine, but I think I'll be back to 100% next session. I probably lost a couple of lbs over the last week due to curtailing my caloric intake, and I fasted for the first 2 days of the illness as well. I kept taking my herbs, and took royal jelly and shilajit every day of the illness as well. I took minimal amounts of ibuprofen and mostly toughed it all out. I avoided cough drops since they contain menthol, and yes, I'm really that particular about avoiding testosterone inhibitors right now. The ibuprofen was necessary to get any sleep a few nights, however, and of course sabotaging my sleep would wreak havoc on my test anyway, so I figured it was a decent trade off. All in all, my sexual functioning has bounced back to where it was before I fell sick, and I just have to regain a small amount of lost ground in strength training and energy levels.
    Anyway, although I was getting bummed out when I first fell ill, I'm just here to let everyone know it isnt necessarily going to destroy your gains, and in fact you can look at it as a good sign that your androgen levels are high enough to GET sick in the first place (see previous post), so nothing to fret about.
    Onward and upwards!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...also, I really must confirm at this point the observations about my hair oiliness and facial hair growth rate having picked back up. First time I've looked at my head hair in the mirror and was genuinely happy to see it so quickly become oily and showing my scalp. The shit was dry and fluffy most of the past 6+ months, and that's really not normal for me. Fuck the hair. The worse it looks the better I feel.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Well,to update, since getting sick last week, I've finally regained my baseline health. I was out of commission exactly 1 week. Went back to working out today, and fell a little short of my usual routine, but I think I'll be back to 100% next session. I probably lost a couple of lbs over the last week due to curtailing my caloric intake, and I fasted for the first 2 days of the illness as well. I kept taking my herbs, and took royal jelly and shilajit every day of the illness as well. I took minimal amounts of ibuprofen and mostly toughed it all out. I avoided cough drops since they contain menthol, and yes, I'm really that particular about avoiding testosterone inhibitors right now. The ibuprofen was necessary to get any sleep a few nights, however, and of course sabotaging my sleep would wreak havoc on my test anyway, so I figured it was a decent trade off. All in all, my sexual functioning has bounced back to where it was before I fell sick, and I just have to regain a small amount of lost ground in strength training and energy levels.
    Anyway, although I was getting bummed out when I first fell ill, I'm just here to let everyone know it isnt necessarily going to destroy your gains, and in fact you can look at it as a good sign that your androgen levels are high enough to GET sick in the first place (see previous post), so nothing to fret about.
    Onward and upwards!
    Yeah I was going to say that getting sick in this state is a good thing considering a number of people have mentioned that getting a cold or sickness sometimes is a precursor that they are on their way to recovery. But happy regarding the progress

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AltRoute View Post
    Yeah I was going to say that getting sick in this state is a good thing considering a number of people have mentioned that getting a cold or sickness sometimes is a precursor that they are on their way to recovery. But happy regarding the progress
    Right you are! At least, as far as I can tell personally, this certainly seems to be the case. Libido and over all sexual functioning first returned to where it was before the sickness, and has been improving even more since then. I feel like I'm so close to recovery that I can taste it. Have had a few days lately where I was totally 100%. I'm debating whether or not a prohormone run is even necessary, or if I should just stick to the herbs, since things are moving along so smoothly. I'll be at 2 months on the herbs and everything else in a couple of weeks, so I'm thinking I'll wait until the 3 month mark and see if progress has stalled. If so, I'll go ahead with the prohormone plan.

In other news, I recently added catuaba bark to my herb rotation as well.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Right you are! At least, as far as I can tell personally, this certainly seems to be the case. Libido and over all sexual functioning first returned to where it was before the sickness, and has been improving even more since then. I feel like I'm so close to recovery that I can taste it. Have had a few days lately where I was totally 100%. I'm debating whether or not a prohormone run is even necessary, or if I should just stick to the herbs, since things are moving along so smoothly. I'll be at 2 months on the herbs and everything else in a couple of weeks, so I'm thinking I'll wait until the 3 month mark and see if progress has stalled. If so, I'll go ahead with the prohormone plan.

In other news, I recently added catuaba bark to my herb rotation as well.
    Great posts and very informative updates. You're coming along nicely my friend. If I were you, I would run the cycle. it's just going to bump you closer to where you want to be. Run it. And good job bro. Keep it up.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"