User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see theres a flurry of activity on the forum last week or so, so figured I'd do an update. Like with so many before me, once you start approaching an acceptable degree of normal health again, theres a sudden urge to relax (finally), and part of that is a tendency to check in on the forum less.
    Since my last update, Ive had mostly good or great days, and a few bad ones, but almost no terrible ones. The long in the short of it is, healing is undeniably occuring.
    I smiled through a month long upswing that saw me enjoying probably a week and a half worth of days where I was at that golden 90-95% state. As mentioned in a recent update, my sexual sides are definitely subsiding. A new baseline has been created, so even whe I hit my 2 day downswing just a few days ago, it wasnt that terrible. That's not to say I didnt sort of freak out at first, having had a month of slow and steady improvement, but I was frustrated over a degree of functioning that I would have been THANKFUL for just a couple of months ago. Anyways, that downswing came and went in 2 days, and I'm back on an upswing, feeling great energetically, mentally, and physically, and anywhere from decent to great sexually. Today was one of those days where everything was normal, except for a touch of libido, so it's what I call a 95% day.
    I've still not done the Ultea Hard that I bought a month ago,l because, honestly, I'm just doing so damn good, kind of enjoying the ride in some masochistic self-overcoming way, and learning to really listen to my intuition. I've never been great at that, as I tend to be an extreme overthinker, but this whole ordeal is teaching me 1.) What my body-derived intuition is, separate from my ego-driven overthinking, and 2.) to trust it!
    My intuition has been telling me since about 2 weeks on protocol that I was definitely healing and that yes, it would be a non-linear path with ups and downs, but that healing is absolutely occuring over all. My overthinking would sometimes step in and say, "what if it isnt a general upward trend, but just a directionless scrambling of hormones?"
    Fast forward to today, almost 3 months later, and I'm having way more good days than bad. In otherwords, it's clear healing is taking place, and that the trend is upwards, i.e., that my intuition was of course correct from the beginning.
    All the little missing parts of my personality keep trickling back in, sexual and otherwise. I first catch fleeting glimpses of them, and then they return more boldly, and then eventually they just stick around. Its bizarre and beautiful, in a strange way, just how delicate the whole process of returning to hormonal homeostasis is, and insanely intriguing that we get to see, by paying close attention to our thoughts and emotions throughout all of this, just how minutely intricate this whole process is.
    The general trend reminds me of a relic being slowly washed onto the shore. First just a bit of the item can be seen in the distance, mostly obscured by the waves, and then it becomes more and more visible as the tides repeatedly nudge it further towards shore, where it finally nestles into the sand and stays put.
    I want to say, I truly credit my progress this far to being totally over the top by-the-book as far as the TMO protocol. I haven't cheated on diet once, or drank a drop of alcohol, or really done anything outside of the established regimen, and the reason is because I dont want to. I want to feel what it is to be a completely invigorated male functioning at his optimal capacity every day.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Readytonut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats man really nice to hear another recovery story. Keep up the work. It would be really interesting if you can keep the progress you've made even after stopping the herbs. Are you planning on stopping the herbs sometimes soon?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytonut View Post
    Congrats man really nice to hear another recovery story. Keep up the work. It would be really interesting if you can keep the progress you've made even after stopping the herbs. Are you planning on stopping the herbs sometimes soon?
    Well, I'm not considering myself recovered yet, and as far as I know, recovery might be a long ways off. My sexual functioning still fluctuates, and my mental/energy functioning can still bottom out when a downswing hits. Even though this last downswing was only 2 days, and they do seem to be getting shorter and less severe, I unfortunately am not banking on that being a permanent achievement until more time has passed. So, until I'm maintaining that 90-100% state for 3 months straight, I'll consider myself still in the trenches, and act accordingly. As for the herb usage, I plan to keep using them all for long after the point of recovery, as I'm going to keep up TMO well after that. I'm actually most looking forward to recovery so that I can see what levels of optimization I can unlock beyond that. I'll keep updating any major changes on the road to recovery.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added glycine to my supplement arsenal a month ago. I take 2 1000 mg capsules around mid day because I've found that it actually seems to have a stimulant effect on me. I'm also getting about 2.6 grams of glycine via my morning gelatin dose that I out into my coffee, so I'm getting close to 5 g a day.
    Also started taking L reuteri probiotic from swanson a month ago, and have finally, in the last week or more, been having consistently normal stool. I was using both PB8 and S Boullardi (rotatingeach, 1 month at a time), prior to the reuteri, but never saw any notable improvements until now. There is some suspicion, based on rat studies, that reuteri in particular may support testosterone maintenance as well, so I highly suggest anyone having digestion/stool issues to try that it for a month.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Readytonut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you still have the premature ejaculation? I developed that recently after i stopped the herbs. Now im worse than before

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you still have the premature ejaculation? I developed that recently after i stopped the herbs. Now im worse than before
    No, that has been gone for a few weeks now. It was here and there during the start of my previous upswing, and seemed to iron itself out finally. That resolving itself went hand in hand with a cascade of other major improvements in that department. Knock on fuckin wood it stays the hell away 😄

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it can be part of the recovery process though,you can regress and then come around. Progress in this isn't linear remember.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Well, I'm not considering myself recovered yet, and as far as I know, recovery might be a long ways off. My sexual functioning still fluctuates, and my mental/energy functioning can still bottom out when a downswing hits. Even though this last downswing was only 2 days, and they do seem to be getting shorter and less severe, I unfortunately am not banking on that being a permanent achievement until more time has passed. So, until I'm maintaining that 90-100% state for 3 months straight, I'll consider myself still in the trenches, and act accordingly. As for the herb usage, I plan to keep using them all for long after the point of recovery, as I'm going to keep up TMO well after that. I'm actually most looking forward to recovery so that I can see what levels of optimization I can unlock beyond that. I'll keep updating any major changes on the road to recovery.
    Great job.

If I had to wager a guess, which I typically don't like to do, if things continue on the way they have been for you, you're probably looking at another six months before your baseline SETS into practically healed.

Remember, just keep going. Don't stop.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Great job.

If I had to wager a guess, which I typically don't like to do, if things continue on the way they have been for you, you're probably looking at another six months before your baseline SETS into practically healed.

Remember, just keep going. Don't stop.
    Youve been very accurate in your timeline estimates over the years, from what I've seen, so it's great to hear that from you. 6 months, no biggie. It's getting easier and bizarrely enjoyable, anticipating the unveiling of the new "me" on the flip side of all this.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Youve been very accurate in your timeline estimates over the years, from what I've seen, so it's great to hear that from you. 6 months, no biggie. It's getting easier and bizarrely enjoyable, anticipating the unveiling of the new "me" on the flip side of all this.
    And THAT my friend, is the pot of gold at the end of this fucked up rainbow! Nice to see you've been paying attention. I mean......it has been a decade man....I kinda know what I'm taking about at this point.......lol

Happy for you bro.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"