User Tag List

Thread: Regarding diet

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding diet

So it seems that carb backloading is basically the same thing as a targeted ketogenic diet. Ketosis and becoming fat adapted are known to aid in cognitive impairments, most classically seizures. The way the targeted ketogenic diet is approached however is to only add in carbs after becoming fat adapted (4-8 weeks). By then the body fully switches its fuel source from using glucose to ketones. I'm wondering if the John Kiefer Carb Backloading induction phase of 2 weeks isn't sufficient to get the body fully fat adapted. By eating carbs before becoming fat adapted, maybe you'd never get to that magic sweet spot of burning fat for fuel. CDNUTS recovered before backloading and CHI recovered without carbs at all it seems. Their recovery happened in a state of ketosis. Any thoughts on this? How important is becoming fat adapted in regards to healing?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    So it seems that carb backloading is basically the same thing as a targeted ketogenic diet. Ketosis and becoming fat adapted are known to aid in cognitive impairments, most classically seizures. The way the targeted ketogenic diet is approached however is to only add in carbs after becoming fat adapted (4-8 weeks). By then the body fully switches its fuel source from using glucose to ketones. I'm wondering if the John Kiefer Carb Backloading induction phase of 2 weeks isn't sufficient to get the body fully fat adapted. By eating carbs before becoming fat adapted, maybe you'd never get to that magic sweet spot of burning fat for fuel. CDNUTS recovered before backloading and CHI recovered without carbs at all it seems. Their recovery happened in a state of ketosis. Any thoughts on this? How important is becoming fat adapted in regards to healing?
    Kiefer knows his shit. He's a science guy more then anything. So yes, for the purposes of backloading, the induction phase of two weeks is more then sufficient. I've gone ten days before and that was sufficient as well. The proof is in the pudding.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I am confused, I am on day 6 of the juicing cleanse and was going to go to day 14. When I start the gym and diet, am I not allowed carbs at the start?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetfordboy View Post
    Sorry I am confused, I am on day 6 of the juicing cleanse and was going to go to day 14. When I start the gym and diet, am I not allowed carbs at the start?
    My man.......you need to do some reading.

You are on almost half these posts asking remedial questions.

That shows me that you haven't taken the time for yourself, your health and others time on this forum into consideration.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"