Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHEA-S

Hey boys, long time no talk.

Recently got test, E and DHEA-S tested. Here’s the results-

Test around 500 on a scale of 250-830
    E is <25 on a scale of 11-43 (what does this even mean?)
    DHEA-S is 860 on a scale of 160-450

The reason I’m making the post is because of the DHEA. Is this normal within PFS sufferers? I know that high levels of DHEA could mean an adrenal tumor, so I’m thinking of getting this checked out. Just wondering if other PFS sufferers also have DHEA-S in such high ranges.

Thanks as always, boys.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DHEA-S or DHEA(S)? The first is specific, the second refers to your total pool of DHEA & DHEA-S. I don’t know what would prompt anyone to test DHEA-S, but I’m not an endo.

Did you recently come off a cycle?

A high DHEA(S) and lowish T/E2 would indicate conversion issues at the 3b-HSD level. Without knowing your exact E2 level, it’s hard to know if 17B-HSD is implicated as well, but it looks like your T/E ratio tracks. These two enzymes, 3b-HSD and 17b-HSD, have been discussed in the PFS world and I’ve gone down that specific rabbit before too. Not worth it. I know this wasn’t helpful, but I hope it puts your mind a little more at ease knowing others with similar bloods have gone down the same path before too. I think an adrenal tumor is very unlikely.

More importantly, how are you feeling overall? It’s good to hear from you.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet_V2 View Post
    DHEA-S or DHEA(S)? The first is specific, the second refers to your total pool of DHEA & DHEA-S. I don’t know what would prompt anyone to test DHEA-S, but I’m not an endo.

Did you recently come off a cycle?

A high DHEA(S) and lowish T/E2 would indicate conversion issues at the 3b-HSD level. Without knowing your exact E2 level, it’s hard to know if 17B-HSD is implicated as well, but it looks like your T/E ratio tracks. These two enzymes, 3b-HSD and 17b-HSD, have been discussed in the PFS world and I’ve gone down that specific rabbit before too. Not worth it. I know this wasn’t helpful, but I hope it puts your mind a little more at ease knowing others with similar bloods have gone down the same path before too. I think an adrenal tumor is very unlikely.

More importantly, how are you feeling overall? It’s good to hear from you.
    Hey my man,

I’m not really worried about it but thought I would ask, I’ve learned not to fall down these rabbit holes like you’re saying. But just wanted to make sure that other guys who’ve crashed have experience this, I’ll probably still get it checked out.

How are my E/Test levels looking? I’m about to run a cycle so that’s why I got tested, DHEA was included for whatever reason.

I’m feeling good these days. Still not recovered but seeing much more glimpses of the other side. At one point I really dialed everything in and felt incredible, almost normal again, but I derailed, I tend to fall off the tracks once things start improving cuz I love being with my friends and food and beer, so now I’m trying to get back to that. But it put my mind at ease finally seeing that I can feel that way again, I cracked the code so the speak. But I just built a house in Colorado, I have a great job and great friends, life is good and I can’t complain seeing from how when this began I couldn’t even leave my house.

I hope you’re doing well man, we gotta catch up soon. How are you feeling?
    Last edited by Turnover25; 03-16-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ! For my part, I will not be able to answer you for DHEA because it has never been tested.

However, I have low estrogen, just like you. My doctor had prescribed me DHEA to swallow, I took it for ~10 days and I had terrible headaches every day.
    After looking at the manual, I could read "stroke risks". Knowing that he prescribed it to me without having tested my DHEA level, I preferred to stop.

The persistent headache went away on its own.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My E has alway been low too. It was at 19 all summer, and ever since the B it's now at 8.

I see a clear correlation with my symptoms. In the last months I'm worse than I was before starting TMO in March 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    My E has alway been low too. It was at 19 all summer, and ever since the B it's now at 8.

I see a clear correlation with my symptoms. In the last months I'm worse than I was before starting TMO in March 2021
    Sorry I'm not English, and I did not understand. what lowered your estrogen?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isseo View Post
    Sorry I'm not English, and I did not understand. what lowered your estrogen?
    I dont know man. I think it was the ultrahard. I shouldve stayed on Alpha4 since I had low E. Then I took a B vitamin and things havent been the same since

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I dont know man. I think it was the ultrahard. I shouldve stayed on Alpha4 since I had low E. Then I took a B vitamin and things havent been the same since
    Are we supposed to get our bloods etc tested before going on prohormone cycles?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey my man,

I’m not really worried about it but thought I would ask, I’ve learned not to fall down these rabbit holes like you’re saying. But just wanted to make sure that other guys who’ve crashed have experience this, I’ll probably still get it checked out.

How are my E/Test levels looking? I’m about to run a cycle so that’s why I got tested, DHEA was included for whatever reason.

I’m feeling good these days. Still not recovered but seeing much more glimpses of the other side. At one point I really dialed everything in and felt incredible, almost normal again, but I derailed, I tend to fall off the tracks once things start improving cuz I love being with my friends and food and beer, so now I’m trying to get back to that. But it put my mind at ease finally seeing that I can feel that way again, I cracked the code so the speak. But I just built a house in Colorado, I have a great job and great friends, life is good and I can’t complain seeing from how when this began I couldn’t even leave my house.

I hope you’re doing well man, we gotta catch up soon. How are you feeling?
    That's the kicker........EVERYTIME.

We feel good, we get complacent because we think we can handle it and frankly, just want to have fun with our friends and get fucked up. It's never worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetfordboy View Post
    Are we supposed to get our bloods etc tested before going on prohormone cycles?
    Not necessary.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"