User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WARNING (obvious reminder)

Hi all,

I thought I’d have learned my lesson and wouldn’t ever be writing something like this again, but I wanted to put out another warning and reminder to you all: FUCK ALL HAIR PRODUCTS. Just fucking flush them and don’t ever use them again.

I was on a coastal trip with my friend this past weekend and used some of his hair gel after a day on the beach. Normally, I don’t use anything, but my hair was extra frizzy and I did a quick vetting of the ingredients on the back (or so I thought) and used it anyway.

This specific product was Patrick’s M3. It turns out it includes all of the worst shit, and they’re not even listing these poisons by their generic names anymore.

As in:

Serenoa Serrulta AKA Saw Palmetto Extract
    Capixyl AKA another new tech 5ARI inhibitor/DHT blocker
    Epigallocatechin Gallate AKA Green Tea Extract

Point is: I’d consider myself a seasoned vet at this point and these still made their way on to my scalp. Truth is: I’m freaked. I used this 2-3x throughout the weekend, and I didn’t consider anything to be off until yesterday/today, when I felt so irrationally depressed/suicidal, and it reminded me of feeling eerily similar to when I started to notice things change on fin. The gel was the only thing I could think of that was something new/foreign to my everyday now, which is why I looked it up.

I did drink heavy, so I’m hoping it’s really just a bad hangover and nothing else, but the trauma from my experience with fin is definitely rearing its ugly head, even 2.5 years later. I’ll keep you guys posted – I’m hoping this will just be a blip and the DHT/5ARI gods will be kind and forgive me.

Be mindful – best to just swear off hair/skin products for good. Stay safe guys and take care.
    Last edited by Ratchet_V2; 04-18-2022 at 11:22 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, It is important to be diligent in looking at ingredients. I bought some Ancient Nutrition calcium last week. Looked at the nutrition label on the back when I picked it, but did not notice it had a "proprietary blend" of additional ingredients. Just noticed today that it includes stinging nettle root extract - a potent 5a reductase inhibitor.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
    Yeah, It is important to be diligent in looking at ingredients. I bought some Ancient Nutrition calcium last week. Looked at the nutrition label on the back when I picked it, but did not notice it had a "proprietary blend" of additional ingredients. Just noticed today that it includes stinging nettle root extract - a potent 5a reductase inhibitor.
    Yep..early on, when I was stocking up on all my herbs and supplements, I went to whole foods and picked up a jar of royal jelly, but looked on the sack and saw that this particular stuff had panax ginseng in there as well, also said to inhibit 5ar. I was almost out 25$....read every ingredient that's in anything you are considering putting in or on your body, guys...and, if uncertain what something on the ingredients list is, either look it up or err on the side of caution and opt out. That's been my approach from the beginning anyway

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the beginning it doesn't take much to upset the delicate balance you've been working so hard on throughout the years. Luckily, because the ball of health is swinging in your direction, it usually doesn't last that long.

You know what to do and what not to do at this point, so back on the bandwagon you go.

You got this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"