User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To think proviron could be used instead of prohormones?

Both raise dht levels in theory and there are recovery stories with proviron.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by getherout View Post
    I would stick with what’s recommended

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah man.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by getherout View Post
    No, for a variety of reasons discussed previously,.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No, for a variety of reasons discussed previously,.
    As a matter of interest why? Proviron is actually the most recurrent one I see in recoveries across the web outside swolesource.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetfordboy View Post
    As a matter of interest why? Proviron is actually the most recurrent one I see in recoveries across the web outside swolesource.
    I didn't realize there were that many recoveries out there outside of our bubble. I mean, sure, guys are going to naturally recover to some degree depending on how bad they are among other things, but for the stubborn cases, no amount of time will fix it if it's not actively worked on. I know it's been used, but to what degree it contributes to recovery is a different story.

Proviron is the target hormone DHT, which is what are bodies are starved of due to 5ar inhibition. When you use a prohormone, the body itself has to work to turn the PH into the target hormone through several conversions, usually two, sometimes only one. During this process the the 5ar enzyme is slowly built back up.

Most all of the problems from propecia come from inhibiting and destroying 5ar. Therefore, enzyme repair is the main reason for ph runs.....the DHT that comes afterwords is just a bonus, and a slight reprieve from the massive suffering that has been taking place.

Not to mention that straight up gear is suppressive, way more suppressive then Ph's.

I do also want to take the time to mention, if you're out there searching around for bits and pieces of protocol to stitch together, you're wasting your time. Pick one approach, and stick with it.

This way is tried and true and more then tested. But that choice is yours.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-10-2022 at 07:18 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well androsterone is a metabolite of DHT that converts back to DHT. So taking straight up DHT (proviron) should convert to androsterone and then back again, theoretically being more effective. Just saying

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Readytonut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James897 View Post
    well androsterone is a metabolite of DHT that converts back to DHT. So taking straight up DHT (proviron) should convert to androsterone and then back again, theoretically being more effective. Just saying
    Technically you are right but technically finasterid also shouldn’t give us all such bad side effects…..

I think the topical route via PH is less risky than taking proviron orally. If you take provioron orally, your liver is way more involved in the conversion process which is potentially more harmful i guess.

Beeing risk averse is a pretty sensible thing to do especially if you deal with guys that already suffered a lot because of PFS…

If you tried the recommended route and you are still not progressing after a couple of years you can than consider strongr stuff but it should be the last option.

Just be diligent and not reckless.
    Last edited by Readytonut; 05-11-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James897 View Post
    Theoretically, but not.

And that's just one metabolite. 5ar is the main goal of running ph's. My original answer stands.

If you guys want to go and try this and that, please, feel free. This just isn't the place to discuss it. I'm sure the hackstasis guys would love to shoot the shit about it.

I'm here to simply guide men through what has been proven to work time and time again. Boring, I know....one thing I learned....boring is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Readytonut View Post
    Technically you are right but technically finasterid also shouldn’t give us all such bad side effects…..

I think the topical route via PH is less risky than taking proviron orally. If you take provioron orally, your liver is way more involved in the conversion process which is potentially more harmful i guess.

Beeing risk averse is a pretty sensible thing to do especially if you deal with guys that already suffered a lot because of PFS…

If you tried the recommended route and you are still not progressing after a couple of years you can than consider strongr stuff but it should be the last option.

Just be diligent and not reckless.
    You don't TRY, the protocol, you DO, the protocol.

TRYING the protocol is a sure fire way to fail. DOING the protocol isn't.

If you do what is recommended you shouldn't be here in a couple years. If you're not progressing in 6mo's, there is a problem with what you're doing.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-11-2022 at 09:48 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already used both with similar outcomes. Proviron isn't liver toxic, but whatever, both are good imo