User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Readytonut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Paleo diet questions

Quick question regarding the diet. There are foods that are technically paleo but could be contraproductive for the overall goal of healing from pfs.

Are bananas good to eat? They are fruits but they have high sugar/fructose content.
    Same with dates or dried fruits? Could i blast myself with like 1000kcal of those fruit per day?

And is stuff like low fat curd cheese/quark allowed? They are dairy products but not in natural form and are processed.
    I know on tmo it states that cheese and yogurt is allowed but the quark is a little more processed.

Nuts are explicitly allowed but is there a ranking which of them are healthier than the other? Walnuts vs peanut for example.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I find with excess fruit eating is the sugar in it makes you crave more and its not satiating. I even found days that I ate excess fruit i got a sugar hangover so I am cutting back. I try to limit it to 2 pieces a day now and carb backload with butternut squash. Even organic fruit too is laced with chemicals so be careful.
    Satiating is key to adhering to a diet. If you go into the trap of being hungry and getting cravings which fruit can do it can be detrimental.
    Nuts get mixed press here but ultimately peanuts are not seen as healthy as other nuts so I would avoid peanuts ,I only eat a moderate amount of almonds daily.

As for dairy I take cows milk kiefer daily but recovered posters like dam warned that people can be intolerant to dairy and nuts as they can be inflammatory to some. Having said that there are other recovered posters like chi who says to avoid fruits whilst dam and other posters ate them. I think if you talk to and look at recovery stories it's pretty impossible to say what's right and wrong as ultimately they all differ in diets.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetfordboy View Post
    The problem I find with excess fruit eating is the sugar in it makes you crave more and its not satiating. I even found days that I ate excess fruit i got a sugar hangover so I am cutting back. I try to limit it to 2 pieces a day now and carb backload with butternut squash. Even organic fruit too is laced with chemicals so be careful.
    Satiating is key to adhering to a diet. If you go into the trap of being hungry and getting cravings which fruit can do it can be detrimental.
    Nuts get mixed press here but ultimately peanuts are not seen as healthy as other nuts so I would avoid peanuts ,I only eat a moderate amount of almonds daily.

As for dairy I take cows milk kiefer daily but recovered posters like dam warned that people can be intolerant to dairy and nuts as they can be inflammatory to some. Having said that there are other recovered posters like chi who says to avoid fruits whilst dam and other posters ate them. I think if you talk to and look at recovery stories it's pretty impossible to say what's right and wrong as ultimately they all differ in diets.
    Well then seeing as you're on this forum, why don't you just stick to reading the recoveries of the men that did THIS protocol?

You guys are making this much more difficult then it has to be. In the early stages this is common......analysis paralysis. Have either of you been doing the mediation and breathing exercises? Cold showers?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, no.

This protocol is pretty much solid and it's track record more then proven. This forum is for discussing that. If that's not something that you're interested in doing, then maybe this isn't the place for you?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytonut View Post
    Quick question regarding the diet. There are foods that are technically paleo but could be contraproductive for the overall goal of healing from pfs.

Are bananas good to eat? They are fruits but they have high sugar/fructose content.
    Same with dates or dried fruits? Could i blast myself with like 1000kcal of those fruit per day?

And is stuff like low fat curd cheese/quark allowed? They are dairy products but not in natural form and are processed.
    I know on tmo it states that cheese and yogurt is allowed but the quark is a little more processed.

Nuts are explicitly allowed but is there a ranking which of them are healthier than the other? Walnuts vs peanut for example.
    Analysis paralysis.

Are bananas fruit? Is fruit on the list of acceptable foods? There is your answer.

Are nuts on the list?

You need to get a solid outline down that you do DAILY for a few months before making individual tweaks to your diet. You're micro managing this to the point of ridiculousness. Again, get a couple months under your belt before fine tuning things like this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"