User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post-Workout Meal/Shake?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what some of you guys do for a post workout meal or shake? I have been following Damn's approach for quite a while with some carrots, goat whey, collagen, frozen berries, coconut milk, sometimes throwing some ashwagandha or bacopa in. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hope all is well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually eat a protein heavy meat centric meal within a half hour of working out. I also skip breakfast, so this is my first meal of the day on weightlifting days. A protein smoothie usually follows that shortly thereafter, consisting of some frozen banana slices, egg white protein powder (about 50g worth), 3 stalks of celery, handful of spinach leaves, 20g of sorghum flour, honey, and a liberal heap of ground cinnamon...and of course water. I usually wait a couple of hours after all that to then eat another protein rich meat centric meal and begin carb backloading with sweet potatoes or russet potatoes (usually between 3-5 lbs on weightlifting days). Spinach leaves and fruit are eaten sporadically throughout the day so I make sure to get enough fiber.
    The non-weiggtlifting days look very different. I still aim for 1 lb of protein per lb of body weight throughout the day, but some of it comes from eggs (4-6) on those days, I tend to do more veggies, and of course I keep carb intake to something low like about 30g or less for the whole day on non-weightlifting days.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering what some of you guys do for a post workout meal or shake? I have been following Damn's approach for quite a while with some carrots, goat whey, collagen, frozen berries, coconut milk, sometimes throwing some ashwagandha or bacopa in. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hope all is well.
    Chocolate peanut butter always seems to be a favorite.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for those responses gentlemnen. If anyone wants to drop their favorite meal or shake post-workout, please do. Always looking to add to the rotation.
    I've recently found shirataki noodles which are very low calorie. I'll saute half an onion, some mushrooms, and some shredded carrot in a pan with some sesame oil and garlic, I'll add some broccoli florets, a little diced chicken, spring onions, coconut aminos, and ill add a scrambled egg towards the end.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Thanks for those responses gentlemnen. If anyone wants to drop their favorite meal or shake post-workout, please do. Always looking to add to the rotation.
    I've recently found shirataki noodles which are very low calorie. I'll saute half an onion, some mushrooms, and some shredded carrot in a pan with some sesame oil and garlic, I'll add some broccoli florets, a little diced chicken, spring onions, coconut aminos, and ill add a scrambled egg towards the end.
    For me a favorite is Sometimes for meal prep I’ll make a crap load of chicken breasts in different seasonings along with veggies. After I lift in PM, I Cut the chicken up and mix it in a bowl with a crap ton of Rice. Add the veggies like onions, peppers, etc in and add salsa like pico or verde . Its like the Chipotle burrito bowls. Hits the spot always.