User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BR99TAL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've scoured looking for any footage or documentation of Igor and Sambo. If you look at it from a timeline perspective, he was already very active in MMA/NHB by the time he was 22 and had over 60 pro kickboxing fights by the time he started MMA/NHB. That leaves very little time for him to have picked up Sambo training.

That, and if you watch some of his early fights, it's very obvious that he had very little, if any, background in grappling. He eventually evolved to include some leglocks that are common to a Sambo fighter, but that would not make him a Sambo guy.
    I always thought igor did both, but was an strict standup fighter, as you can see in older matches he wanted his opponents to stand up again and avoid ground game.
    however, your explanation looks plausible.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though the heavyweight division is the best it's ever been, it still needs more talent badly. I'll take Overeem in the division. He's a freak and a problem for most heavyweights.

Sometimes I would see a similarity in fedor and igor, but just in that looping punch they throw. Igor had a better chin.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noa, will you explain to me why you think Overeem is the best HW out there? I always come back to his chin and heart, which were lacking at LHW.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AO will get his Ass lit the Fuck up as soon as he steps into the cage with a real HW!!
    JDS would knock his head right off, and Cain would probably do major damage on him as well

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    AO will get his Ass lit the Fuck up as soon as he steps into the cage with a real HW!!
    JDS would knock his head right off, and Cain would probably do major damage on him as well
    my name is long ball lima and i approve this message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Even though the heavyweight division is the best it's ever been, it still needs more talent badly. I'll take Overeem in the division. He's a freak and a problem for most heavyweights.

Sometimes I would see a similarity in fedor and igor, but just in that looping punch they throw. Igor had a better chin.
    Noa, will you explain to me why you think Overeem is the best HW out there? I always come back to his chin and heart, which were lacking at LHW.
    I should clarify^. I definetly don't think Overeem is number one, but I do welcome his presence gladly in the heavyweight division. From an entertainment value stand point, he should be in the ufc. He fights well, he's very physical and powerfull. To rank him?.... I would at least put him under #1 JDS and #2 Velasquez, if not lower in the heavyweight division. There are a couple of HW's that would probably knock him down to #4, or #5. Josh Barnett should be considered imo, for top 5.

The match I want to see in the UFC is Mir vs. Barnett.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a couple of years back when Bas ranked Overeem as the #1 HW in the world. The entire time, all I could think about was the hypocrisy of this ranking as Bas has flung so much shit at anyone using AAS, yet puts AO as the #1 guy!? Seriously!?

Now, I don't give a shit one way or another if someone chooses to use AAS recreationally, but there are rules in place regarding PEDs, opiates, etc. While I was fighting, I chose not to use AAS simply from an ethics perspective even though I could have easily done so since I competed in TX where there isn't any testing done by the AC. I'm trying to find a better way to articulate this, but it more or less comes down to the fact that there are a set of rules in place regarding PEDs just like there are regarding legal/illegal strikes. I'm all in favor of knees to a downed opponent, but it's against the rules. Same goes with my philosophy on AAS; I personally am in favor, but I don't get to make the rules.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't it AO that said his jump in size was from eating horse meat?? Lol
    Shit must of been laced with dbol.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BR99TAL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevada State Athletic Commission denies Alistair Overeem license - Loretta Hunt - SI.com
    14/1 T/E ratio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he said that for sure. I think it's kind of gross, but hey, I eat cows and other animals.
    I remember a couple of years back when Bas ranked Overeem as the #1 HW in the world. The entire time, all I could think about was the hypocrisy of this ranking as Bas has flung so much shit at anyone using AAS, yet puts AO as the #1 guy!? Seriously!?
    I had no idea he said that^. Funny shit right there. I wonder what Bas has to say now about Overeem.

Now, I don't give a shit one way or another if someone chooses to use AAS recreationally, but there are rules in place regarding PEDs, opiates, etc. While I was fighting, I chose not to use AAS simply from an ethics perspective even though I could have easily done so since I competed in TX where there isn't any testing done by the AC. I'm trying to find a better way to articulate this, but it more or less comes down to the fact that there are a set of rules in place regarding PEDs just like there are regarding legal/illegal strikes. I'm all in favor of knees to a downed opponent, but it's against the rules. Same goes with my philosophy on AAS; I personally am in favor, but I don't get to make the rules.
    I think at the level of the UFC, steroids are pretty common. I hear ya though, against the rules, but I say let em juice if they want.