User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 GoldenSun's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is nicotine holding me back?

Hey all just checking in. I’ve actually had some good ups lately but I’m still a stressed mess. For about 5 days a few weeks ago my libido was way above baseline, last week for a few days I was feeling genuinely happy. But sadly with the ups came with me obsessing about how I feel, symptom checking and lead me down a path of heavy anxiety.

Still I haven’t had any of these ups “stick” yet and that’s what stresses me out. Because of the stress from this I rely heavily on nicotine (have been addicted since high school but my intake has went up post PFS).

I was using nicotine salt packs called zyn through 90% of my recovery. I also smoke cigarettes time to time and have smoked them more than usual lately.

What is y’all’s experience with nicotine, have you noticed it hold you back? Thanks in advance. I’m thinking I’ll hit a short fast and cold turkey it, even though that might be hard

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the fast. Cold Turkey it, or better yet, come off it while on a cycle. That’s what I did, and I had zero withdrawal and it felt good to let go. I was using a tin of zyn 6s a day at that time.

In terms of holding back your recovery I’d say this: the nicotine itself definitely helped me lift the mental/psychological effects. It held me back re: penile health. This is kind of no brainer, and I know that is a major piece for you. Give it up – for good, it will confer some benefit to your dick in one way shape or form.