User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

Hey guys, I'd consider myself back to normal for a while now, but since going back to the gym after a somewhat long hiatus I've had incredible DOMS in my biceps (must've gone too hard on the first day back). I have DOMS on other parts of the body but it's the biceps which kill.
    Any remedies to sort this out?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Hey guys, I'd consider myself back to normal for a while now, but since going back to the gym after a somewhat long hiatus I've had incredible DOMS in my biceps (must've gone too hard on the first day back). I have DOMS on other parts of the body but it's the biceps which kill.
    Any remedies to sort this out?
    Don’t use asprin, ibuprofin, etc for the pain, because I’ve read that that reduces your muscle gains. It should fade when you’re working out, and then after you’ve been working out consistently for awhile it should stop altogether. Icing your biceps for 5 - 10 minutes could also help a little.

You could also get a massage or accupuncture, but that might be somewhat overkill / more expensive than it’s worth. You could try massaging your biceps which might help a bit, but in general DOMS is just something that sucks but eventually stops as your body gets used to working out regularly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Don’t use asprin, ibuprofin, etc for the pain, because I’ve read that that reduces your muscle gains. It should fade when you’re working out, and then after you’ve been working out consistently for awhile it should stop altogether. Icing your biceps for 5 - 10 minutes could also help a little.

You could also get a massage or accupuncture, but that might be somewhat overkill / more expensive than it’s worth. You could try massaging your biceps which might help a bit, but in general DOMS is just something that sucks but eventually stops as your body gets used to working out regularly.
    Cheers letsgo, DOMS is all gone now. You were right, it was temporary but an absolute pain. Must've went too hard.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Cheers letsgo, DOMS is all gone now. You were right, it was temporary but an absolute pain. Must've went too hard.
    Very common when you start hitting it again. Very common.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"