Thread: Joint Pain

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joint Pain

Hey guys,

Iíve decided to hop back on the protocol after not doing it for 8 months. The protocol genuinely makes me feel slightly better, those months where I wasnít doing it are a blur, but I have one problem.

Every freaking joint in my body hurts. A few days ago, it was my knees that started hurting to where walking was hard. I do a pull-up, then my left elbow starts hurting. I play piano, then my wrist. Every joint in my body is hurting the minute I use them.

Usually eating gluten repairs these, due to inflammation, but I just want to know why this is? I have experienced this even before PFS but it seems ramped up to a ridiculous point while on the protocol. Itís weird because Iím not doing anything out of the ordinary, itís almost like being healthy makes my joints less healthy. I feel better mentally now that Iíve started the protocol though.

Maybe itís because Iím very underweight? Iím 5í11 and like 125 lbs. but I eat more than 2000 calories a day. Iíve never been able to gain weight.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    Hey guys,

I’ve decided to hop back on the protocol after not doing it for 8 months. The protocol genuinely makes me feel slightly better, those months where I wasn’t doing it are a blur, but I have one problem.

Every freaking joint in my body hurts. A few days ago, it was my knees that started hurting to where walking was hard. I do a pull-up, then my left elbow starts hurting. I play piano, then my wrist. Every joint in my body is hurting the minute I use them.

Usually eating gluten repairs these, due to inflammation, but I just want to know why this is? I have experienced this even before PFS but it seems ramped up to a ridiculous point while on the protocol. It’s weird because I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary, it’s almost like being healthy makes my joints less healthy. I feel better mentally now that I’ve started the protocol though.

Maybe it’s because I’m very underweight? I’m 5’11 and like 125 lbs. but I eat more than 2000 calories a day. I’ve never been able to gain weight.
    You could be crushing your estrogen. Low estrogen causes stiff, painful joints.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thatís what I thinks happening actually. Iím doing a bunch of testosterone-increasing things but I forgot about my estrogen. Is there any way to balance estrogen? Gaining bodyfat would help surely?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that’s what I thinks happening actually. I’m doing a bunch of testosterone-increasing things but I forgot about my estrogen. Is there any way to balance estrogen? Gaining bodyfat would help surely?
    Eat more carbs, back down on the doses of your herbs that cause the biggest spike in test......Run an alpha four cycle.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TMJ has worsened these last couple days. I feel like Iím going to go deaf in one of my ears. Lots of anxiety right now. It feels like my health is just declining since stopping the UH July 20th. First I had epididymitis, then knee inflammation so bad I could barely walk, and now this TMJ/ear thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TMJ has worsened these last couple days. I feel like Iím going to go deaf in one of my ears. Lots of anxiety right now. It feels like my health is just declining since stopping the UH July 20th. First I had epididymitis, then knee inflammation so bad I could barely walk, and now this TMJ/ear thing.
    In the month after taking UH last september, I developed a swollen vein too (in my thread I thought it was a varicocele), and my ear problems severely worsened. I always attributed it to the dental cleaning, but it also coincided with me ending the UH cycle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I was on the UH for too long, 1 pump/day for 11 weeks. I sort of lost track of time and just kept going with it. I've also been slacking on the herbs because they mess up my hand-eye coordination (bad for piano playing) and they make my sweat smell. So I think the UH + lack of PCT has been a bad combination for me. From now on I'll follow the protocol more strickly and with more attention to detail. More responsible UH usage, more vegetables, more cold showers.

I think when I do my next UH cycle these problems will cease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TMJ flair-up has gotten marginally better every day since Tuesday, but it still persists. Today was probably the best day so far, with very few ear pops when swallowing until the end of the day. (which is common for me when having joint problems, for it to get worse at night) As of right now though it does feel like my ears are stuffed and are popping. I just hope there's no permanent ear damage.

I've been trying to go to bed earlier, as for the past 6 months it's been rare for me to go to bed before 2am. There were even times where my average was 4am, or not sleeping at all. My ideal range would be from 10-11pm, so I don't miss out on the 1am-3am growth hormone spike.

Unrelated- but why has forum activity gone down? Is it because covid is over and people can take their mind off of their health and do social things? My social life is pathetic regardless of a pandemic, so I'm here to stay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TMJ flair-up has gotten marginally better every day since Tuesday, but it still persists. Today was probably the best day so far, with very few ear pops when swallowing until the end of the day. (which is common for me when having joint problems, for it to get worse at night) As of right now though it does feel like my ears are stuffed and are popping. I just hope there's no permanent ear damage.

I've been trying to go to bed earlier, as for the past 6 months it's been rare for me to go to bed before 2am. There were even times where my average was 4am, or not sleeping at all. My ideal range would be from 10-11pm, so I don't miss out on the 1am-3am growth hormone spike.

Unrelated- but why has forum activity gone down? Is it because covid is over and people can take their mind off of their health and do social things? My social life is pathetic regardless of a pandemic, so I'm here to stay.
    I hope your TMJ improves soon, Iím not sure if thatís related to PFS, if it is it would be a rare effect. My brother has had it his whole life and he just got used to it, but I can hear his jaw click sometimes when he eats.

I think the forum gradually started dying when CD became less active on the forum due to deaths in the family and spending more time building other platforms (both of these are understandable.) I donít think itís a decrease in PFS, which is probably at an all time high with companies making it easier to get fin prescriptions with a cheap phone or video consultation, and heavy online marketing. The NYC subways are filled with Keeps advertisements as well.

Hopefully the forum can be revived, as CD is replying more again. If it would help for me to update my thread 2 - 7 days per week, I will. But itís kinda sad seeing the entire forum only post a few times per week, when there used to be like 10 guys actively updating their recovery threads.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 09-18-2022 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as I thought, I restarted UltraHard, 2 pumps, and already it's significantly better. Almost instantly I felt a change in my knees.

Let this be a lesson for people to not do the UltraHard cycle for too long, as your body will become dependent. No more than 6 weeks (I did 11, stupidly)