User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting weak from something in my basement

Hey everyone!

I'm in a bizarre situation where living in my room in the basement floor is making me weak and I can't find what's causing it.

For some reason, anytime I sleep outside of my place or outside of a basement, I feel great. When I sleep or spend a considerable amount of time at my friend's place or somewhere else not in my room, I feel way better. Last month I got to travel back and forth to family's house and my basement.

When I was living in the basement of my family's house I was getting weak. When I am living in my room, in my basement, I also get weak. This seems to be a common observation between the two.

What do I mean by being weak? No morning wood, smaller penis, shranked balls, less positive mood, more muscle wasting, worse stool (It is still pretty good since I follow Paleo diet tho)

I was considering that I'm just going through a downswing. However, whenever I go and sleep outside of my place or spend a few days out of my place, I start feeling great and I get boners again.

I saw stories of guys like Aleksei were their mattress was moldy so a lot of things had to be replaced. I've cleaned my room, fully, cleaned the bathroom, I was not able to find any signs of mold. I replace my shower curtains with new ones. Recently I took out the mattress out of my room to see if that is causing the issue. 2 days later I'm feeling the same symptoms and no morning wood is back.

All this time, my room had open windows for the air to circulate 24/7 non-stop. I even bought an air filter a few days ago and it's still not resolving the issue.

Scrambling to find what could be the cause here. Has anyone been in this situation? Guys, I would really appreciate the help

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be mold, could be something else. Mold is often hidden behind walls, shower tiles etc. which is why people aren’t aware of it’s presence until they’re sick.

Also, there’s a genetic predisposition to getting sick from mold exposure. It’s the same immune system genes that predispose people to having long term problems from Lyme disease. Mycotoxins from mold mainly target the mitochondria and lower their function and chronic exposure also triggers a chronic inflammatory response syndrome as termed by Lyme expert Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker. This then predisposes to cancers and autoimmune conditions due to the immune system dysregulation, mainly elevated TGF-beta 1 which then leads to loss of ”self-tolerance” in the body.

I was able to clean most of my stuff although it was very expensive. Also the stuff in my mattress was trichothecenes which are the very worst of the worst and much more deadly than the more common mycotoxins such as ochratoxin. I also used to go a moldy school for three years straight many years ago which probably predisposed me to be more sensitive. There was no actual mold in the mattress but it had been in a highly toxic environment so it was contaminated with mycotoxins.

But honestly, there’s no guarantee it’s mold at this point so I’d look into getting the basement tested for mold, if just for peace of mind. And I’d just try to find a way to spend time elsewhere as much as possible. It could be something else entirely.

If it is mold, act accordingly and take appropriate binders (cholestyramine, charcoal, bentonite etc.) or just fast to get the inflammation-inducing toxins out from your body.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 10-19-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Aleksei, thanks. It is funny my name is also Aleksei in real life, what a coincidence!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the advice, I'm pretty much at the end of my recovering journey as I constantly feel 80 to 90% recovered. I hope this is not mold because it was not acting on me one month ago and now it started. It replicates in two places that I was staying and sleeping in. I hope this is something else but it's really hard for me to figure it out.