As I mentioned in my recovery thread recently, my rotator cuff is really sore on my left shoulder, and while it was mild enough to continue working out for a few weeks initially, it's kind of gotten to where I feel I should just entirely avoid many exercises, as it feels like I'm taxing those tendons and muscles too much to even attempt to do them. If I was just a normal guy working out for pleasure, I wouldn't be too stressed over having to curtail my workout for a few weeks while it heals, but being that I am using weight training as a cornerstone to my hormonal recovery, I'm pretty devastated at the prospect of having to potentially take a lot of time off...
So, my questions are:

Any tips of dealing with this, as far as other exercises or modifications to upper body exercises that allow you to avoid stressing the rotator cuff?

Should I just entirely stop the workouts that involve this muscle, or should I go down in weight and still do the exercises at a more moderate level?

Do you think taking a week or two off from most of my upper body workouts while waiting for this to heal will have a big negative impact on my hormonal profile?

Any other insights into this particular issue that some of you who may be more advanced and or seasoned weight lifters can give me? Maybe ways to avoid this problem in the first place, or to avoid it from recurring? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.
I feel like most of what I see online is centered around asurgery options and/or steroid shots, which I dont want to fool with in my current delicate state of health.
Thanks in advance...