Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Noa's Diet

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Exactly. I eat 1/2-3/4 of a cup of wild/brwn rice, with 8-10 oz of chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, or grass-fed beef, and 1.5 cups of she type of leafy green about an hr before I workout. I never have issues during my workout. I know every one is different, but you gotta eat more and ditch the shakes. At least give it a try, week by week, kick out a shake from you diet until you only have 1-2.

I'll give you an understanding of how I eat everyday:

Wake-Up: 6:20am drink a cup of coffee or 2.
    Bfast: 7:30am
    -I'll always consume 6 organic free range eggs. I mix it up on the amount of yokes, but its typically 3whole+3 whites.
    -I also starting adding a small chicken breast or a 4-6 oz ground beef (grassed beef) patty.
    -1 cup of gluten free oats, 1 cup organic 2%milk, 1 packet stevia, and 1/2 cup of frozen berries (its a mix of strawberries, blueberries,
    and blackberries).

I drink tons of water at work.

Lunch 1: 10:30am
    8-10 oz chicken, beef, tuna, or turkey
    1/2-3/4 cup of brown rice/wild rice mix
    1-2 cups of green leaf veggies
    I squeeze 1-2 key limes on all my food.

Pre workout shake: 11:15am
    12g peptopro
    3g creatine hcl
    6g citrulline malate
    1.5g agmatine sulfate

Workout: 12:00

Post workout shake: 1:20pm
    12g peptopro
    2 scoops problend
    1 banana 15 mins after shake

Lunch 2: 2:30 pm
    Same as lunch 1, but I will be switch the brown/wild rice mix to basmati starting tomorrow.

Lunch 3: 5:30pm
    2 cups spinach
    1/4 cup shredded organic mozzarella(from grass-fed cows)
    6-8 oz chopped up chicken

Dinner: 7:00-7:30pm
    8-12 oz of protein
    2 cups broccoli, or cabbage, or spinach.
    I might eat a small amount of complex carbs if I workout at night, but nothing above 50g of carbs

Peps at 10:30pm

Pre-bed casein shake w 9g l-leucine, 2 scoops of new toco-8, 2000mg vitamin c.

Thats the way I eat mon-friday. I never hear off this unless I have dinner with clients or occasionally on a thursday w the wife to break the monotony for her.

I love to cook and I get really creative with spices and herbs. Mrs. Dash has some really great sodium free seasonings. Garlic and onions help give food a ton of flavor.
    Now this is what I'm talking about!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Now this is what I'm talking about!!
    The hell with all the supplements I used to waste my $$ on. Now I spend my hard earned money on some great high quality food. RXWhey is the only place I get supplements from; Primordial WAS the other.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that is an awesome breakdown and solid looking diet, O_Ryan! I too really like to get in the groove monday through friday and stick to the same thing. Keeping it simple and the same makes me follow it without much veering. In 2013 I want to stick to a weekend schedule, as that is when I would goof off and wreck any progress.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are good all week, you can afford to slip on the weekend....but i wouldnt until you get closer to your target weight

first thing that is shocking is the amount of food......i dont see how you maintain 275 with that intake unless you have a metabolism that is ridiculously slow and/or your workouts arent getting the blood/heart going

i wont mention the taco bell as you know better, its not chicken man, my dogs eat better

heres my food mon-fri since we are all adding

830am cup oatmeal, cup blueberries, honey
    9am 2scoops problend

1130am 6 whole eggs with greens and hot sauce

230pm 2cup quinoa or rice w/ can white tuna whole avocado and hot sauce

530pm prewo gatorade powder, 3g creatine hcl
    6pm prewo 25g peptopro 2oz amino infusion
    730pm postwo 2scoop problend

830pm tilapia rice greens (some days quinoa pasta and sauce)

1130pm 2scoop problend w/ pb

on sat i blaze lately and eat alot, sun i try to get back to normal
    i cheat all over the place, my fav is pb n j or pasta
    anything in a pan is cooked in evoo or coconut oil
    i use a greens formula as well

as ryan said, i spend on food not supps outside staples from rxwhey like the protein stuff, hcl, and fish oil....thats it

shakes instead of meals are fine in your case, as i think its not the cals that matter but more so the macros of protein and fat, get them in however you can really

your comment on the shakes being easy, coupled with the multiple taco bell trips in a day is an example of where you are failing, you gotta try harder man, dont be lazy..........i know you will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get into the groove and pre-cook your meals. Buy a good amount of tupperware as its cheap, so you can store all the food. I will also agree with DJ on getting used to eating all the time... But just think, I GOTTA DO WHAT I GOTTA DO! No bitching, no complaining, just flip the fun switch and tell yourself it needs to be done. After a couple weeks your body will get into a groove and things will be much easier. Take this one week at a time. Talk to your woman about your goals, and get her on board too. That really helps me in the way that I eat. My wife doesn't eat exactly like me by any chance, but I cook really tasty healthy food, so she's on board for bfast and dinner (she even takes dinner left-overs for her lunch). When she moved in wife me over a year ago she was what she thought fat, but I got her eating ver similar to what I eat... She's def trimmed up, she's just a big baby when it comes to working out. I think I push her a little too hard... Either way, she's made her way back into the gym with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJM for president..
    Oh wait he's Canadian!! Lol

His post it spot on and I'm glad I'm not the only one that wonders how you maintain the size you do on what you eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i'm definetly being lazy right now. I like the templates though, this gives me an idea of how to tweak mine. I may only do 3 or 4 whole meals a day, a pre and post shake, and either a shake or cottage cheese before bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drink a bunch of water, eat more often to help kick start your metabolism, and give this article a read...
    The Mountain Dog Diet – A Healthier Way to Get Lean/Add Muscleor Both!

I've been reading a lot from John Meadows lately and all I have to say is that this dude is amazing and knows his shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed a program over the summer, made by my brother and had all the tupperware with meals and the the cooler. Went from about 287 to 259. Gained 10 back in a little over a month after stopping. Just gotta get back on it.

Hoping to hit as close to 260lbs by the end of this month. I'm inspired to go lift and do cardio after work tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WATER WATER AND MORE WATER!!
    Can't believe I forgot to mention WATER!!
    I drink 1-2 gallons a day and drink ice tea when I'm out.