User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys. You are on the right track, keep going. For L-theanine it's on the protocol and it helped me a lot. You can put it in your coffee. Magnesium be careful, mine contained B6. Magnesium is great for sleeping, but B6 can be dangerous if it builds up in your body. So make it pure.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all, Here is a Small update!

So I did a little bit of research about Hard-Flaccid Syndrome that I am experiencing and all symptoms linked to this are the exact ones I am undergoing funny enough. The treatment for it is a lifestyle overhaul so the Protocol seems to be precisely what I need. It sort of suggests that calming the nervous system and gaining some muscle control in the form of Pelvic floor relaxation alongside breathing exercises are the current treatments alongside a few others like yoga/meditation.

Feeling very motivated but also drained as hell, really hard to exercise with Fatigue and Insomnia. The Insomnia got a little bit worse because I was an idiot and had an early archery tournament and forced myself to wake up after a few hours of sleep which seemed to have set me back a bit.

I believe that insomnia relief will relieve some of my symptoms including Anxiety, Fatigue and Nausea. since I am sure it's elevating my cortisol levels.

what am I doing to relieve insomnia?
    As previously mentioned the weighted blanket makes me feel a little more relaxed.
    I have recently (today) switched to a pure form of magnesium which I will be taking before bed with 3g of Glycine.
    I have also bought some noise-cancelling earphones and a blackout sleep mask since even before fin I struggle to sleep with noise/light.

Negatives
    1) I am still struggling with Exercise/GYM since I just don't have the energy to do it often.
    2) The Fast/Juice Feast. I think the fast will make me lose too much weight in the end so I will opt in for the juice feast.
    3) Fapping is also very hard for me to stop sometimes. Pre-fin I used to do it multiple times a day... just stopping it cold turkey puts me off but I am determined to stop for at least a week and then after that I will try and go for longer and longer!

positives
    1) Paleo diet seems to be going well. Feel like I have a little more energy than before and feel a little better in a well-being sense.
    2) Cold-Showers are so fucking good like what the hell?! Why have I never done this before? Yes, it does suck when I am in there but coming out feels amazing!!!
    3) Skin-Brushing is also FUCKING AMAZING like why is this stuff not promoted more?! fuck body wash/scrubs this thing leaves my skin clean and smooth as hell!
    4) Breathing exercises are good but I am still not great I feel small benefits from them but I am not quite used to them.
    5) L-Theanine works like my concentration is much better than even pre-fin for a couple of hours until it starts to taper off.

Future Reference:
    1) I've been waking up with some nausea that lasts for like 2 ish hours. Seems to go away with a cold shower, toilet break and some food.
    2) When I get a good sleep I will most likely have morning wood. When I don't get a good sleep I won't.
    3) Coffee seems to give me a great initial boost in energy but creates worsening fatigue later on in the day so I am going to try a few days off it, however, this doesn't happen if I add sugar into the coffee which I shouldn't do?

Strange Things To Note
    1) I think my libido is 80% back?! I still want a girlfriend and want sex (just a lack of spontaneous thoughts) but it's held back by the fact my Penis isn't up to the standard which I don't know If I'd call this a positive since I'd rather not want it so I wouldn't think about it in this condition.
    2) I feel like in the future when my penile health is returned my libido may also return to full force. If I am a hyper responder to the herbs I am afraid I may become a walking sex fiend

Anyways that's all,
    Thanks for your support people I will probably be updating you every 2 weeks instead since I've been reading some stories and staying off anything related to the condition can ease the mind so I will see you all then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kurse, thanks for the update.
    From experience, sorting out your sleep will recover at least 50% of your symptoms if you can get that sorted to the point your getting 5 or 6 hours you will soon be crushing it in the gym too and at that stage your recovery will start to accelerate. As regards breathing, i always take advantage of a walk beside nature, in the park or something. That’s 3 stress relievers at the same time, exercise, mindfulness of surroundings and breath work.
    Just work on increasing those five positives, trying to add one more each week. The achievement will breed positivity which is key.
    Keep working hard and stay positive, you’re doing well. Most of this is a psychological recovery once the physical aspects of the protocol are in place.

I crashed in April this year and i would say im 90% recovered having done the protocol 100% since June. It’s only sleep (im at about 6 hrs a night but want 8), libido and erection quality to recover and im sure it’s just the psychological battle left here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip!

I haven't thought about going for walks to clear my head so will definitely start that! I also agree that most of my symptoms are caused by insomnia so I am trying my best to get it sorted, I know it will take a while to get back to a nice baseline but I am just hoping that I can fix it a little bit quicker with some tools. Once sleep is fixed I feel like it will be smooth sailing in terms of recovery!

I'm glad to hear you're 90% recovered!! Only a little while longer for you then, Keep at it I'll be waiting for that recovery post

I will gladly share tips If I can discover something that may help along my journey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well life already feels back to normal apart from the few remaining symptoms and the protocol is just part of my life now without thinking about it. I’m positive in the next 12 months ill be at full recovery.
    You will be sharing tips soon, im sure of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small Side Note

I've had a few AHA moments where I have discovered a few things so this is just to document them so I don't forget!

Essentially, I started NoFap and around Day 5 my flaccid size Has been fluctuating between average size and slightly narrower and having better rigidity 70% of the time! Also, my testicles seem to be slightly bigger but I didn't measure so I couldn't tell. Therefore, me being human thought I would try fapping I bet you can guess what happened... It went back to how it was before. So A note would be NEVER to fap! It seems to be a game-changer for me!

Also, I tried coffee again today and am coincidentally having worse fatigue than I had before which I hadn't experienced to that degree since I stopped drinking it so I will have to cut this out completely until I can tolerate it.

Finally, Goji Berries seem to do wonders for my mental health. Soon after taking them, my anxiety eases up quite a considerable amount and I actually feel kind of euphoric and am able to laugh more and forget the situation I am in. Definitely another game-changer for my recovery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, This may be random but I might try it unless a Vet advises me not to.

So I'm sure you guys have heard about Turkesterone (an ecdysteroid) I've heard that it has absolutely 0 suppression and helps with fatigue, anxiety and brain fog and gym strength and is similar to Ashwagandha but it's backed by very limited data in terms of the benefits it provides.

Hoping it would help my fatigue and maybe help me with my GYM progress.

Do you think it's worth exploring? What are your thoughts?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NoFap is pretty big and important. It’s important to resist the urge to “test” things out, and even a little edging tends to lead to ejaculating.

It’s unusual that coffee made you fatigued, I wonder why that would happen. Maybe try decaf and see if that has the same effect?

For the anxiety, it’s important to do the breathing exercise in the morning and evening. Also meditation. I think anyone who is feeling major/medium anxiety every day, will struggle to recover. The breathing exercise manipulates your vagus nerve into calming down, and meditation slowly (over 4 - 6 weeks) builds up your emotional strength so that you’ll feel less anxious in general. Sounds like the goji berry is helping you as well, which is great.

As for Turkesterone, it has been around since the 1970s but doesn’t have strong evidence behind it, in terms of having steroid-like effects with no side effects. I would personally stay away from it because it makes more sense to stick with CD’s list, which is tried and true. Worst case, it could cause a crash or de-rail your progress.

If you want help in the gym, I recommend creatine. (Some guys say it has given them negative effects with PFS, so your mileage may vary.) I take “German Creatine” pills, which are very convenient. Creatine occurs naturally in meat (including your muscles) but by taking the supplement, you can load up with the maximum amount your muscles can hold, which gives you extra strength and endurance in the gym. (Estimated to be 5% - 15%.) This translates into more muscle growth, and therefore more hormonal healing. So if you don’t get negative effects from creatine, take it. Creatine is one of the only supplements that has been researched a lot ON HUMANS (not just mice,) and it definitely works.

Your body’s fuel source is ATP, which turns into ADP as it’s used up. Creatine helps recycle it back into ATP, so you’re able to squeeze out one more rep, or move up to a higher weight sooner. It’s good stuff.

And then as for fatigue, I wouldn’t give up on coffee too quickly. I have my own coffee grinder and stuff, so I can mix the ratio of decaf to regular, which might be an option for you as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I won't try fapping again. The urges get quite strong around day 4 but I believe I have enough discipline to stop and think about what I am doing. The last slip-up was a "test" to see how I would feel afterwards. Won't happen again.

I have been doing 3 rounds of wim-hof breathing when waking up and going to sleep. I have been doing meditation about 3x per week only on days when I am feeling particularly bad but I will be increasing the frequency soon. I have also been able to stand in cold showers for 2 minutes on the coldest setting 7x per week which does leave my skin a little red but I feel great so I see no complaints there.

Yeah, I find it quite strange coffee has the opposite effect on me. I will try decaf as per your suggestion and see how it goes.

Will definitely try creatine. I noticed CD once said on someone's post before that he recommends HCL instead of Monohydrate. Is there a particular reason? I see the monohydrate ones seem to be much more available for me to purchase and stock up on. I have also bought a foam roller and begun mobility work and I feel very loose and it's refreshing.

Good News!

For 1 week straight, I have regained morning erections at dare I say 90-100% Quality that would stick around for 5-10 minutes. They began on the day I took the Goji Berry and I have done my Herb cycle only 2x so far but I can say for certain symptoms ease up when I take it.

Glycine & Magnesium have helped my sleep so much as well. I have gone from about 1-3 hours per night to 5-6 and can get back to sleep for another 1 hour usually which is always nice. Still have a little bit of fatigue but it's not as drastic as it was previously!!!

Mental health wise I am still anxious but not to the level I'd call unbearable as I had before starting the protocol.

Thank you for helping me so far @LetsGo I really appreciate the help!

Edit:

I am also looking at buying some pro-hormones for future use and would like some input if that's okay.

I was looking at Ultra Hard by Iconic Formulations. I have heard about R-Andro being the best but I can't find a supplier in the UK so I will probably get Ultra Hard. I've also been looking at Alpha Four too but it seems to be on back-order at the moment so I will buy it in the future.

I obviously will not use these Prohormones for a couple more months on protocol but I think having them stocked would be wise since I believe they are bought up fairly quickly.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Kurse; 12-24-2022 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Additional Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I know I have been posting a little bit frequently and I am sorry about that but I just wanted to update my regimen:

* Means recently added

Herbs I Own So Far:
    Tongkat Ali*, Horny Goat Weed*, Rhodiola*, Tribulus, Goji Berry, Suma Root, Cordyceps, Maca, Suma Root, Ashwaganda.
    Royal Jelly - 1500mg - Every Other Day
    Pine Pollen Powder - 1-2 Teaspoons - Every Day
    Iodine - 1x Per Week - Low Dose

Supplements:
    Vitamin D3 - 4000IU - Every Day
    Fish Oil - 2000mg - Every Day
    L-Theanine - 400mg - Every Day
    Magnesium - 400mg - Every Night
    Glycine - 3g - Every Night
    *Creatine - 5000mg - Every Day

Exercise:
    Heavy Lifting - 3x Per Week - 8-10 Reps Per Set
    HIIT Hill Sprints - 1x Per Week - 6-8 sets
    Foam Rolling - 3x Per Week - Before Workout

Wellbeing:
    Wim-Hof Breathing - Morning/Night - 3 Rounds
    Mediation - 3x Per Week - 15 minutes - using the App "Balance" since I got 1 year free.
    Cold Showers - 2 Minutes - Coldest Setting - Every Day
    Skin Brushing - Every Day

Diet
    Altered Paleo - No Gluten - A fair amount of Dairy (Mostly Milk), No Sugar or Very Small quantities if I can't help it.

Things I am working on:

1) I am planning to get a Bathmate soon but I am aware that you have to be incredibly careful so I will be taking it very slowly.

2) Still swapping out Xenoestrogens from my collection and have slipped up on a few but I did remove a product with SAW PALMETTO!!!

3) Sunning My Body & Boys - Honestly still waiting on more sunshine. Winter in the UK sucks.

4) I still haven't been able to complete a proper Water Fast. I managed 3 days but had to head home to my parents for Christmas and am trying to be secretive about this since I know they will blow it out of proportion. Will probably carry out a proper water fast around mid-January is my next available date.

5) NO FAP is going quite well. I had one slip up or I suppose a "Test" to see whether I would crash and It didn't seem to affect me terribly but I did notice some benefits while doing it so will be going strong for at least 1 month this time!

6) Looking at purchasing ULTRA HARD from Iconic Formulations for future use (Not for another 3 months on protocol and I plan to get labs before I start)

That's it from me, If I am doing anything wrong or if there is anything I could add please feel free to let me know! Thanks again all and Merry Christmas!