User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the detox has been very extreme for me. I can tell I am getting better though, even my receded gums have been healing slowly. The only issue is this detox is so extreme I don't think I can continue at my current job. At times I'm making 3 trips to the bathroom in a 15 minute window and sometimes I'm given no notice. Yesterday I almost shit my self and ended up leaving work early because I couldn't leave the bathroom.

Last time I took a semi solid stool there was a lot of blood because my intestines are very misshapen and twisted at the moment but my hope is they will heal with time on the juice fast. I think this will last a lot longer than a few days and might be the case through the majority of the 90 days and my boss is away for the next 10 days so I can't just leave now with no notice.

Today is day 7 and I know what to expect now but I am thinking that from tomorrow I will try and go back to solid food as best I can and hopefully not decline too much until my boss is back and give notice so that I can leave my job and do the 90 days on juice from home without worrying about working. I commute 3 hours to my job and it's in hospitality so I am around people at all times so this is why it isn't compatible with dealing with explosive diarrhea potentially every 5 mins. Hopefully by the time the 90 days are over I may even be able to find a better job closer to home, or ideally one that offers WFH so it may end up being a blessing. This isn't what I wanted as it will cost me ~$4,000+ to take this time off but I will just chalk it up to a cost of better health. Same for the guys that take weeks off to go and do a monitored water fast at a clinic.

I'm currently studying so I will just focus on my studies through my fast and it does bring in a very small income which can help with some of the produce cost. I think given my situation this is the best decision for me.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, sounds like you're on the right track by leaving your job to focus on your health. Always aim for less stress or more benefits or ideally both when looking for another!

Have been to see doctors for some scans?

Lots of blood in stools can be harmless sometimes but it's always best to check it out! Also, inquire about frequent urination.

It's always nice to rule out anything potentially serious.

Anyways, I think you're doing the right thing man so good luck and remember that it will get better!

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to do an update since it has been almost a week since reintroducing solids.

So what I thought was detox I actually believe was just my condition being aggravated by the juices. Even after stopping the diarrhea is still persisting but ny colon isn't as inflammed - when I stopped the juice feast after 7 days it felt like my entire bowels had sunken in. Despite my experience and based on all the research I did during my week I do think it's effective for most, just people with IBDs should proceed with caution and consult a doctor they trust. For my self I much prefer water fasting but I'm still glad I did it as it has hopefully led me out of the carnivore hole I've been stuck in the past year. Still have lots of inflammation and in pain today after I discovered how bad my UC dislikes kale (even well cooked), but I think spinach has been okay so going to stick with that as my main source of greens until I'm out of this flare.

Due to my condition being POTS and UC there isn't much reason for me to hang around as the methods used for recovery for my self (if still possible with the damage incurred on my intestines) will differ a lot than what PFS guys should be doing so thanks for putting up with me and good luck to all the guys that are currently fighting PFS, just know there is a way out (I can speak from experience). I would still be recovered if I wasn't an idiot and was more careful when I was 'out of the woods'.

Peace.