User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSP

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gonna be bold. GSP finishes. round 4. i could eat crow, but i think the man comes back possessed.

BTW, DJ, i have friends who possibly live near you. They ran into GSP a couple of times around the Royal Mount

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    gonna be bold. GSP finishes. round 4. i could eat crow, but i think the man comes back possessed.

BTW, DJ, i have friends who possibly live near you. They ran into GSP a couple of times around the Royal Mount
    i know where that is, not far, im in nuns island, just out of downtown
    he lives in a high rise about 5min from me, but obviously isnt there alot seeing his training takes him all over.....hes around alot at the local grocery store and pharmacy.....got a friend who trains crossfit and boxing, they used him this past summer at silver star for sparring purposes, the dude is 250 6'2 and was sparring with lil georges

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GSP's hungry, physically healed. This makes him more dangerous than he already is. Still though, Ring rust may play a role, and he has not been able to finish fights for awhile at this level. Condit is tough, smart and his size ( height ) may play a role in giving the canuck his toughest fight in a long time. The safe assumption is that gsp takes this fight to a decision, wich he gets the win. If Condit can get in and out and avoid being taken down, he could win the decision, just like he did vs. Diaz. Either way, Condit has been finished 3 times via submission, but, he's finished hardy, something that gsp could not do, he also has finished 3 of the last 4 opponents he's faced.

I'm not so ready to concede victory for george yet. Condit, imo, has the goods to hang in there the whole 5 rounds. This fight will go to decision, the win going to whoever wants it most ( neither man finishes either ).

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condit has never been finished by strikes and has shown great composure while rocked (e.g. Ellenberger). GSP hasn't shown stopping power in his strikes in years (Hughes II, Hieron) as he's become so technical that puts less power into his strikes in favor of staying fundamentally sound. He's almost abandoned his kicks since he started working with Freddie Roach and I don't expect him to bring to bring them back coming off an ACL tear.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hes had a year n a half to heal from acl ......... AP is tearing up the nfl 9mos removed from the same surgery

does anyone remember he ran from diaz for 25min? plus all this talk of finishing, gsp's resume is loaded with names who were all in their prime (hence title shot) and he went through them all quite easily for the most part

i dont see how condit can win a decision unless it was extremely one sided, georges is in his building and in line for a superfight dana white wants very badly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    hes had a year n a half to heal from acl ......... AP is tearing up the nfl 9mos removed from the same surgery

does anyone remember he ran from diaz for 25min? plus all this talk of finishing, gsp's resume is loaded with names who were all in their prime (hence title shot) and he went through them all quite easily for the most part ( at this level, the likelyhood and track record of finishing off opponents is, well, unlikely. the championship matches at 155 and 175 recently, have gone to more decisions than finishes. Just a testament to the level of competition. In my mind it's a master vs. another master, and they almost cancel each other out. )
    i dont see how condit can win a decision unless it was extremely one sided, georges is in his building and in line for a superfight dana white wants very badly
    ^ Same way he won vs. Diaz. As you put it, run away.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    ^ Same way he won vs. Diaz. As you put it, run away.
    Diaz, foolishly, didn't adjust to Condit pivoting out and not getting pinned against the cage. That fight showed, like I've been saying for years, that Diaz has shit for footwork as he was unable to keep Condit pinned on the multiple opportunities because of his poor footwork. GSP, however, has fantastic footwork.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Diaz, foolishly, didn't adjust to Condit pivoting out and not getting pinned against the cage. That fight showed, like I've been saying for years, that Diaz has shit for footwork as he was unable to keep Condit pinned on the multiple opportunities because of his poor footwork. GSP, however, has fantastic footwork.
    I was thinking that too, Diaz never adjusted and just played Condit's game. Like he was sucked into the match mentally stuck on pursuing Condit. Hm.. Good mention. Anyway, countdown has begun, 4 hours from where im at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's go time right now. Damn... What a war.
    Last edited by Rulk; 11-18-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fight. Much better match than I expected. I watched it on the big screen at Buffalo Wild Wings.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.