Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GSP

We're less than two weeks away from his return, but it's not his fight against Condit that has me excited; for the first time, it seems as though there is a real possibility of GSP/Silva at a catchweight. Dana has recently talked about how the wheels are in motion and this would be without a doubt the highest grossing PPV/gate ever in MMA. If it were to happen, it only makes sense for it to occur on 4th of July weekend at Cowboy's Stadium.

Thoughts?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good topic! I know you know, that GSP must first get past Condit, so let me get that out of the way first.

GSP-
    Big BiG test in condit imo. Coming back, tune up fight would be ideal, but it's not the reality. GSP's wrestling and ability to take down condit ( and keep em down ) will be the biggest xfactor. If he can do that, I think he wins by decision.

GSP vs The Man ( Silva )
    GSP will lose by decision at the very least and win by decision at the very most. He won't knock out Silva, not even come close. He could control the fight with his wrestling, and grind out a Fitch like win. I do think GSP's wrestling is amazing, and the fact that he did not come from a wrestling background is even more amazing. Silva can win anywhere, period. The only thing i've seen him weak in, is wrestling, when Sonnen controlled most of the 1st fight ( yes I know about silva's injury then ).

Now this is one of the best fights that can be made, but what I really want to see is Silva vs. Jones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Good topic! I know you know, that GSP must first get past Condit, so let me get that out of the way first.

GSP-
    Big BiG test in condit imo. Coming back, tune up fight would be ideal, but it's not the reality. GSP's wrestling and ability to take down condit ( and keep em down ) will be the biggest xfactor. If he can do that, I think he wins by decision.

GSP vs The Man ( Silva )
    GSP will lose by decision at the very least and win by decision at the very most. He won't knock out Silva, not even come close. He could control the fight with his wrestling, and grind out a Fitch like win. I do think GSP's wrestling is amazing, and the fact that he did not come from a wrestling background is even more amazing. Silva can win anywhere, period. The only thing i've seen him weak in, is wrestling, when Sonnen controlled most of the 1st fight ( yes I know about silva's injury then ).

Now this is one of the best fights that can be made, but what I really want to see is Silva vs. Jones.
    The "injury" during the first fight with Chael doesn't hold its salt. If anything, Silva severely underestimated Chael's abilities and it nearly cost him the fight. That being said, GSP has the tools to defeat Silva: POWER wrestling, cardio, and submission defense. I would favor GSP to win a decision based upon his wrestling accumen and his ability to mix up his striking and his wrestling.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ultimate prediction on that fight would be- Silva win by decision. Is this fight 3 or 5 rounds though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    My ultimate prediction on that fight would be- Silva win by decision. Is this fight 3 or 5 rounds though?
    It'll be 5. All main events are 5 now.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ thats cool. I'm looking forward to watching GSP's return.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    We're less than two weeks away from his return, but it's not his fight against Condit that has me excited; for the first time, it seems as though there is a real possibility of GSP/Silva at a catchweight. Dana has recently talked about how the wheels are in motion and this would be without a doubt the highest grossing PPV/gate ever in MMA. If it were to happen, it only makes sense for it to occur on 4th of July weekend at Cowboy's Stadium.

Thoughts?
    its obvious the dallas show will be headlined by a silva superfight be it gsp or jones

im scared for gsp as he gives up alot of length to silva, and of course big fan (fucker lives 5min from me, we all see him around grocery shopping time to time, guy dresses like a hobo btw lol).....but every fkn time he was gonna face his 'biggest' test he mauled them, and i dont see how condit can do anything, especially infront of 23000 here, diaz woulda been a better fight, or at the very least more build like the gsp kos show, i was there and it was incredible the entrances

if sonnen can dominate silva for 7rnds outside of being caught by a submission and being caught after he attempted a fkn spinning backhand, i can see st pierre doing the same, and if anything more skilled ontop and bit more explosive seeing sonnen hits pretty light

striking hes great but gives up alot of length, and considering hes the best tactician in the game, he will shoot on silva from the get go...........gsp decision as he wont gas, if silva wins its cause he catches georges and tkos him early, longer it goes he'll wear out silva

jones silva would be a stand up dream fight, and id prob want silva to kick his ass (im assuming jones handles sonnen, sadly probably chael last big money main event chance)

noa gsp wrestling is great cause he trains with the can national team here, he trains boxing with boxers, bjj with bjj guys ect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought gsp trained with the can national team. They said he could of been a top wrestler or something. Remember, gsp's athletisism combined with Greg Jackson's game plan, = a much more dangerous package for Silva to deal with. I'm sure GJ will come up with something really smart, as always.

Gsp vs Condit, I could see Condit giving him real fits... GSP has not fought in like 2 years or something and Condit is tough. Don't be surprised by an upset.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you smoke a 7 all last night????
    gsp is gonna rape him, penn, fitch, alves, ect, they were all 'so' dangerous, and all got dominated....condit is good, but the gap between the champions at 170, 185, 205 and the rest of the field is insane, hence the super fight talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any real threat from Condit outside of a fluke shot. He is not known for his TDD (look how Rory ragdolled him) and GSP is cerebral enough to know where to keep the fight. Condit does have a very active guard and will look for submissions, but I can't see him catching GSP with a submission or even threatening him with anything major. Power wrestling will almost always overcome the guard these days.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys