User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethan's Recovery Journal

I previously posted here in 2020 when I was fresh from PFS. I was mostly a physical case and was inconsistent with the protocol. Over time my wasted face gained more weight and I looked mostly healthy and became comfortable with where I was and dropped off the protocol. My symptoms were
    -Anxiety (struggle to look others in the eye, can become overwhelmed in places like the mall or supermarket)
    -Bloating
    -Bad working memory
    -Mild ED
    -Can get hard with physical stimulation, not as strong as Pre-fin and doesnt last long without continued physical manipulation
    -Can't keep erection while standing
    -Have sexual thoughts, but can't get hard without manipulation
    -Penis curved to left
    -Mild Eye floaters
    -Occasional pain in random areas of my body (possibly bone, not too bad)
    -Muscle twitches (especially at night)
    -Very very mild brain fog sometimes
    -Gum recession
    -Facial changes: fat loss, sunken eyes and cheeks, smaller chin, possibly smaller nose?, dry skin, loose skin that I can pull, aging, wrinkles under eyes and around mouth, crows feet, smaller face overall)

This PFS was mild and I could live a regular life, but realized this past January that I wanted to improve my sexual symptoms as I was starting to become more sexually active, and a health store worker recommended Panax Ginseng. Had no idea this was a 5ar inhibitor and I crashed hard after a few doses. Mentally and sexually nothing changed, but my physical condition has been wrecked. Its caused:
    -PFS wasted face again, I was looking healthy and now look a bit worse than I did from the original PFS crash
    -sensitive/aching gums
    -muscle twitches all over (especially on my nose)
    -ear clogging and pressure
    -face pain on cheeks, jaw, etc
    -Upset stomach/digestion
    -muscle softening in most spots
    -Slightly weaker erections and sex drive
    -Feel a bit mentally slower/fogged
    -BAD Muscle / Subcutaneous fat wastage
    -If I flex my right bicep, I can push my finger into it and make an indent as if its play doh, even though the shape still looks the same, and the area aches from use
    -Areas of face, scalp, neck feel like theres gaps of subcutaneous fat loss, like I can push the softer skin and there be nothing behind it except bone.
    -Aches/twitches in these areas most affected
    -Left foot feels like it has less padding when I walk
    -Even skin on scalp and temple feels like its lost something behind it, is uncomfortable to lay my head against on surface on these areas
    -Scared this wont get better and have become self conscious as my face looks sickly
    -all of the original symptoms remain

So, yeah, massive massive mistake from a stupid decision and Im worse now than I was 3 years ago. Going to take the protocol seriously this time because I'm scared shitless. Started my 7 day juice fast this morning and will take it from there. Hoping to make a decent physical improvement by the summer.
    Last edited by ethanrecovering; 02-19-2023 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, mate welcome back! I can give some advice for your erectile issues with Curvature and the standing/positional ED and possibly your muscle twitches and pain. I believe they may be caused by Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD) which I have seen quite a few cases being induced by Finasteride since it can be induced via Stress causing unconscious clenching of the pelvic floor.

Give this a try and learn about Kegels and Reverse Kegels, and also strengthen your Posterior chain (Glutes, Adductors, Quads, Lower Back etc.) + Abdominals and let me know how you're getting on.

Overcome Male Pelvic Floor Dysfunction - 30 Minute Healing Routine/Stretches - YouTube

Also, ERECT IC Kegels have helped with my Erection Quality. Essentially when you're Erect you perform a reverse kegel. In short, it's attempting to Piss/Fart at the same time without too much tension in your stomach. Sounds ridiculous I know, however, It worked for me. Don't do this too often, treat it as training. 1 day on 1/2 day(s) off. It should feel like you're forcing more blood into the penis.

Also after watching lots of Andrew Huberman, intense anxiety can induce memory/brain-fog issues so I'd recommend some meditation and some self-love, sitting in the bath for a bit with music or going swimming or doing something fun and focusing on living in the moment!

Bloating might be caused by some inflammatory response due to foods so watch your diet for a bit and see how it goes.

You'll be good to go soon enough man!
    Last edited by Kurse; 02-19-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kurse!
    Thanks for that advice man, I appreciate it a lot. I'll definitely try out some of those pelvic floor stretches and update. You think thats why my body gets those muscle twitches often when I masturabate? or is that a different hormonal issue. Thanks man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh it twitches when you masturbate? Then it's HIGHLY likely that it's Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in my honest opinion. Unconscious Kegels are muscle spasms that occur when you have a hypertonic pelvic floor! You need to learn how to control them with reverse kegels and relax when you masturbate! I also recommend masturbating less often since the more kegels you do in your current state the more your symptoms may continue to get worse.

Oh and I forgot to mention STRESS makes this condition quite a bit worse. I know it's difficult but you have to find a way to control your anxiety and stress in order to get better man! It's not going to be easy but it's definitely possible!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurse View Post
    Oh it twitches when you masturbate? Then it's HIGHLY likely that it's Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in my honest opinion. Unconscious Kegels are muscle spasms that occur when you have a hypertonic pelvic floor! You need to learn how to control them with reverse kegels and relax when you masturbate! I also recommend masturbating less often since the more kegels you do in your current state the more your symptoms may continue to get worse.

Oh and I forgot to mention STRESS makes this condition quite a bit worse. I know it's difficult but you have to find a way to control your anxiety and stress in order to get better man! It's not going to be easy but it's definitely possible!
    It isn’t my genital area that twitches when I masturbate, it’s like other areas of my body. My nose is often where it happens. Super weird, maybe a sign that masturbation is a no go for me since I always get twitches when I do something bad for my body

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On day 5 of my 7 day feast, I think my eyes look less hollow/drug addict-y but otherwise haven't noticed any differences but thats to be expected as I'm a physical/sexual case which takes a bit longer. Really worried about my face / head and can't seem to find anyone on the forum whose improved from what I've experienced. My hope is that its a reversible atrophy of muscle on cheeks/temples/under eyes and a thinning of skin due to loss of collagen, rather than something more sinister like irreversible disappearance of subcutaneous fat.

Very thankful to not experience crippling fatigue, insomnia, impotence, or bad mental effects like intense brain fog or anhedonia. I can very much live a regular-ish live outside of mild ed, some aches and pains, wastage, etc. Regardless, I'm still very worried about my face changes and am feeling insecure. I look very skinny and the skin texture feels thinner particularly on the left side of my face, like I can smile and have crow's feet going into my cheeks even though I'm only 20.

I read that low estrogen can cause some of these facial issues, and in the past with PFS I tested very low for estrogen and LH. Perhaps once my estrogen gets back to normal these issues will solve themselves.
    Last edited by ethanrecovering; 02-23-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I do think estrogen or lack of might be behind a lot of the facial ageing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skin, Bone Muscle

This guy recovered those symptoms you're worried about, you've actually commented here before

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me?
    Thanks brother bht imagine if he took an antipsychotic afterwards....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurse View Post
    Skin, Bone Muscle

This guy recovered those symptoms you're worried about, you've actually commented here before
    Hey man. Its a bit different for me than that guys cause it isn't like generalized weight loss/ muscle wastage. Its like a loss of subcutaneous fat around my face which makes it looks wasted, but without the rest of my body losing weight. Like my temples for example have ached and lost fat, and the skin is mushier now.

Though, you're extremely thoughtful with the commented you've made on my posts and I appreciate you putting in the effort to find these things for me. I appreciate it a lot