User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    my cousin dj's. i'd love for him to tach me how to use ableton, but he's a selfish fucker and i know he'd never take the time sadly. so, i'm gonna look for a good video tutorial, and just start from there. i tried to watch vids on youtube, but it's dam near impossible to find all that great of a video if you just got ableton and have no fukin idea what you're doing.

you have ableton, right h2s?
    Yes. Not that I would ever do it, but there are the Lynda tutorials on a very famous pirate hang out.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Yes. Not that I would ever do it, but there are the Lynda tutorials on a very famous pirate hang out.
    i love you

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presonus Studio one

I recently bought a new DAW for my PC, and am very impressed with it. Most people I know go for Logic Audio, which I used to use, but it's no longer supported on PC. Well worth checking out. Download Studio One 2 Demo Studio One
    Last edited by markam; 12-22-2012 at 07:30 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been making hip-hop beats on for a few years now. Mostly use Fruity Loops 10 and an old version of Acid. Would like to try Reason and get and get a MPD32 or something of the sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my Soundlick page if anyone wants to hear a couple tracks but they are a year or 2 old. I'll add something new here pretty quick. I just keep forgetting I even have that shit. SoundClick artist: Strife40oz - page with MP3 music downloads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just uploaded a couple new tracks, check em out if ya wanna. SoundClick artist: Strife40oz - page with MP3 music downloads

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gave High noon a listen love that bassline.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine and his wife put together a symphonic metal band. Album comes out in April. They've been getting a lot of play and good reviews on internet radio stations. I've seen them play a live set... pretty amazing talent. May or may not be your thing. Give it a listen and see what you think. Media Tyranny of Hours
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've gotta love those on-the-fly crises on stage. We were playing a show recently where the singer decided to spring Hotel California on us. We'd jammed it before, but I never really burned it into my head. This didn't turn out too bad for having to dig in my head for it.

Hotel Cali Solo - YouTube

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what your overall aim is, but if you want to record some music and even produce a CD, then it might be worth looking into picking up am 8 track portable studio. You should be able to get them pretty cheap. Or if the budget stretches, get a 16 track or more.

If you want to add some vocals to your track I can recommend a Neuman U-87 which is a vocal mic found in most studios. If thats not in your price range then the Shure SM-58 is a good quality, lower cost alternative which would work very well. Shure SM57 is a good instrument mic, although I know some guys like to use vocal mics for the instruments to give them more range. Personal preference here.

A few years ago I dropped about $4k on putting together a basic studio in my house and it works pretty well and the quality is fantastic. Bear in mind that my 16 track desk probably costs now about half what it did a few years ago so you wont need to spend as much as I did to get the same quality. Im sure for under $1k you can get all the elements for a very respectable sounding recording though.