User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man the flu sucks and it seems like its hitting a good amount of people this year too.
    Double traing for jits and judo must be brutal.

What's the deal with your ankle?? Did you not do anything to help it heal? Boot, cast, or wraps
    I just fractured mine and I'm wanting mine to heal so that why I ask.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    hi folks---

I had the flue starting on 1-7-2013- and then whole family got it( yes flu shot did not work)- missed 3 Judo classes and back at the gym yesterday...

Update:
    I am also doing brazilian jiu-jitsu 1.5 then go right to Judo - Tuesday was my 1st day doing jiu-jitsu then Judo... I was spent when I got home... I an not to sure if I can keep up double session- we will see!!!!
    I go to Pedro Gym what a great crew!!!!!

Body
    Ankle - I Fracture my Ankle last summer and it has not heal still swollen and hurts when doing squats and some of judo and jiu-jitsu

Workout 1/16
    Squats
    135/20
    185/12
    165/15
    225/5

wide pull ups- slow up and down ( dead hang 2 sec) body weight

8 reps 4 sets
    Sounds like a lot and you may have to hold back a bit, and let your body acclimate. Are you supplementing with a pre and intra shake for these long sessions?

Man I would love if we had Judo in our school, I want to learn it badly. Putting myself in your shoes, I would make sure to have a carb drink with some protein, at least before and during your jits and judo sessions.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 islandmagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Man the flu sucks and it seems like its hitting a good amount of people this year too.
    Double traing for jits and judo must be brutal.

What's the deal with your ankle?? Did you not do anything to help it heal? Boot, cast, or wraps
    I just fractured mine and I'm wanting mine to heal so that why I ask.
    I had a boot on for 2 month doc said it looks good but it will be sore and swollen for a few month so take it easy, I took it easy but it never healed right still hurts and swollen, so I said Fuck it going back training -- My advice is after the boot is off

1.balancing board to get your ankle strong
    2 use Bands for resistance on your ankle full range of motion
    3 ice the shit out of it when you get home if it is swollen...

This what I should of done but I had a new Baby last year so I was tying to be all things to the wife and my older son... so I did not take care of it as I should of
    1. Trust yourself 2. Break some rules 3. Don't be afraid to fail 4. Ignore the naysayers 5. Work like hell 6. Give something back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Sounds like a lot and you may have to hold back a bit, and let your body acclimate. Are you supplementing with a pre and intra shake for these long sessions?

Man I would love if we had Judo in our school, I want to learn it badly. Putting myself in your shoes, I would make sure to have a carb drink with some protein, at least before and during your jits and judo sessions.
    i am using body mortar by ams mix with Citrulline Malate and Creatine HCL and beta alanine for pre workout

intra I just drink Body mortar straight... but i will be using Torrent for my postwork drink it has Waxy Maize Starch in it
    1. Trust yourself 2. Break some rules 3. Don't be afraid to fail 4. Ignore the naysayers 5. Work like hell 6. Give something back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The training has been going real good.. The gym has been off and on am so sore after my class it is hard to get motivated for the gym the next day.. but I have been doing push up and pull ups at home.... I am taking anavar now 60mg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BJJ is fun but 1.5 hours of training then right into Judo... is killing me--- if any one on the form can give me some advice on how to keep my shit together please tell me- I all most puke in judo doing a Randori Session because I was tired from BJJ... i am the oldest in the classes I do feel my age 41.. I just need help getting more wind and being more flexible... thanks yes I am crying-- Hyper my elbow last week from an arm bar... I am falling apart!!! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY SHITTT the best BJJ session Ever!!!!! I got to Grapple with a Kale last night the gold medalist who was the 1st American to win gold in judo.. Dam she is strong as hell yes I got pin arm bar etc -- to go a full 5min round it was a great honor... I AM still so pump from last night!

I am going to take some pics of me and post them because I am 193lb and getting rip from training session..
    Last edited by islandmagic; 02-01-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry I am going to try post some pics tomorrow...

I can tell you that training BJJ and Judo 3 times a week has been fing great I got a little six pac showing and my body fat is just melting away. Funny thing I have not put any real time in the gym, I have been doing my pushups and pullups at home and that is it!!!!!!! var +BJJ+judo=bad A$$$ body!