User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels great when you can tell your lighter without getting in the scale because things just get easier.
    Keep it up and you'll be a lean mean arm baring machine!!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dig the kneebar the most I can only do it on upper belts and not on fellow white belts. I have only been able to get a kneebar on a blue belt, but we spoke before we rolled and agreed we could do them between the both of us ( im a white belt ). Otherwise the school I go to, kind of frowns upon any type of leg and footlock.

I hear if one is locked on you ( a footlock ), at first it's like "okay..." but then the next day it can really hurt and sometimes it can last for months... impeding your progress as a consequence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet!! Your stretching everything out to the max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12/18 update:

Technique: Learned a takedown today, that worked into either an ezekial choke or an armbar.

Rolling:
    1st round-
    Went against a really strong purple belt 1st round. Tried working a sweep ( close but no ), then tried passing guard. He eventually swept me, locked up an armbar to which I defended. Took about a minute ( seemed like a long time ), but eventually freed myself. He then got my back and I locked up an arm to defend. Time ran out.
    2nd round-
    Worked with a white belt who, by his own admission, "Sat on a couch for 6 years and gained 70lbs.". So we just worked technique we learned earlier. Big dude btw.
    3rd round-
    Another white belt, but substantially smaller than me. He got a nice lapel choke on me, I got a kimura and a bow and arrow choke on him.

Did some monkey bar swings back and forth. I got video of it on my phone, but no pullups. My biceps were fried by then, but I will get a video of me doing them. I need to figure out how to post videos from my droid4 to here.

After jits, went into the wet sauna for almost 5 minutes, then off to the dry suana for a couple minutes. The wet sauna I feel is detoxifying my body. My skin is getting clearer, especially the back. I hope my lungs start to clear out too.

Lately at work I have been wearing my weight vest, 25lbs. I do stairs and some pull ups - I can only get 1 and 1/2 pullups with the vest. The vest is capable of going up to 50lbs. As I drop 10lbs of bodyweight, I will keep adding weight to the vest and simulate my old bodyweight as long as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work!!

I hung on my pull-up bar yesterday and I did a 60 count and let go because I didn't want to count anymore. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, that's very good!

It seems like I can swing on bars longer than I can just sit there and hang. It's a pain tolerance excercise really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 12 pull ups to start then hung because I just can grab the bar and hang I need to do something first or I don't last.
    It's very much a pain tolerance exercise because the calluses on my hands start to hurt bad and that'll make me let go before I really need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I did 12 pull ups to start then hung because I just can grab the bar and hang I need to do something first or I don't last.
    It's very much a pain tolerance exercise because the calluses on my hands start to hurt bad and that'll make me let go before I really need to.
    I had my friend get me on video of me swinging on some bars. No pullups because biceps were fried- especially the right. Today after jits, I did the monkey bar thing again, and I felt lighter. It's not a big deal, but at my weight it's not bad.

Jits today-

Technique of the day- Passing guard with 3 variations. This is good as I need to start passing guard and attacking. In the begining, if I were to attack, my gas tank would empty and I would not be able to defend. As of now, my wind is much better and I can attack more and still have some semblance of defense.

1st pass entailed grabbing the opponents leg to stop him from getting half guard, and then getting side mount. 2nd pass was a variation and twisting the hips and having one arm over the opponent to stop him from getting out of side control.3rd pass entailed going for both variations 1 and 2, and then going into mount.

Rolling/Sparring-
    1st partner was a smaller blue belt ( about 180lbs ) and we rolled pretty smoothly the whole round, ending up in a stalemate.

2nd partner was a larger blue belt ( about 250, but relatively lean, and thicker, he had hieght though ). I ended up going for a kneebar and he defended really well, and he ended up grabbing my right foot for a foot lock. The submission never materialized, I hung on like a G and kept him from getting a better position. He was pretty out of breath attempting his foot lock, and so I kind of rested too- but what surprised me was my wind seemed pretty good compared to his. I ended up getting his back and time ran out. Another stalemate, but good match nonetheless. Afterwords he asked how long I had been doing Jits.

3rd partner was a tiny ( maybe 150lbs ), young white belt, but was scrappy as hell and full of energy. We battled back and forth and I tend to take it easy on lighter opponents. I got a kimura and an ezekial choke on him and he got a nice arm bar on me. At one point he had side mount on me, so I grabbed his head with my left arm, then planted my right arm under his belly and benched his body while holding his head and swept him.

4th partner ( wow, 4 rounds today ) was the friend of the partner above, same size and age I guess, but trained in mma. Boy was he scrappy and full of energy and he tended to go all out and really employ pressure tactics, such as pressing elbows into your face. Anyways, I was super tired and just held on and let him go for attacks. Sometimes I would try and pass guard with the new techniques learned, somehow I did get side control and just rode out the round. He was a tough and squirmy dude though with really good strength for his size.

Finished the session with monkey bars to finish off my grips. My BJJ coach mentioned that I have lost weight already, so that was cool to hear. All in all a great day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shit sounds fun!!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Turbo6GN's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=NOA;6005]I dig the kneebar the most I can only do it on upper belts and not on fellow white belts. I have only been able to get a kneebar on a blue belt, but we spoke before we rolled and agreed we could do them between the both of us ( im a white belt ). Otherwise the school I go to, kind of frowns upon any type of leg and footlock.

I hear if one is locked on you ( a footlock ), at first it's like "okay..." but then the next day it can really hurt and sometimes it can last for months... impeding your progress as a consequence.[/QUOTE

We don't allow our white belts to try footlocks or kneebars while rolling. The problem with a foot lock, heel hook or toe hold is it goes from tolerable discomfort (like defending a choke for example) to severe damage in an instant. There is no onset of pain to tell you to tap so you try to ride it out, next thing you know ker-snap!!