User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how many shakes to you have a day and how many meals do you have??
    Seems like shakes all day then a chicken meal at the end.
    My chicken and veggie meals only have 800-1200 cals how many do yours have??

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    So how many shakes to you have a day and how many meals do you have??
    Seems like shakes all day then a chicken meal at the end.
    My chicken and veggie meals only have 800-1200 cals how many do yours have??
    The pre/intra/post shakes are bare minimum, and hardly count towards the days total macros. It's kind of inline with intermittant fasting. I'll make an effort to get a solid food meal in a few hours after jits. Today's 1st solid food meal was probably around 400 calories, if even that. Later I will have a shake, then another chicken meal. When I get home, I will have cottage cheese and maybe throw in some berries.

It's the days where i'm really hungry after eating so clean, that I tend to goof off. So to counter that, I will have more fruit, nuts and what have you, to snack on. I figure as long as it's healthy, it should not be calorie dense, yet filling, so it's safe.. compared to the crap I was eating.

Roughly I am aiming to get in around 2000 calories a day. With 3 solid food meals around 5 calories each, the shakes and all the snacks, it should get me somewhere around there. If energy is draining too quickly, I tend to have a spoonfull of almond butter before I go to bed.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2k cals for a guy your size???
    I need 2500-3000 cals to stay in the 190-210 area.
    Your body is going to go into starving mode and just store everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    2k cals for a guy your size???
    I need 2500-3000 cals to stay in the 190-210 area.
    Your body is going to go into starving mode and just store everything.
    My body composition has changed a lot over the past 6 years. It seemed like I used to be able to come off a layoff from the gym, and be back to full strength in about a month. This last run took me a year or longer to get to my old strength. Even then, I still could not do the reps I used to be able to do. Definetly need more time to get those numbers back to where they once were, but it had me thinking about the subject of TRT.

Anyways yeah, it's gotta be drastic sort of, to see the changes I want. Now if I was lifting and trying to get bigger and stronger, than I would be looking for more calories. I think the most important thing for me now is to drop a lot of weight, and then worry about strength. Btw, size is taking a back seat for the rest of my life. Down the road if I start looking more muscular due to strength training, so be it, but size will hurt my jits game more than help it.

If I am losing too much muscle, strength, stamina and so on, I will add more calories. But I think the high influx of protein, amino acids, and strategically timed carbs, will help to preserve as much muscle as I can naturally.

Come spring, I will see how much I have lost and how good I look. Hopefully everything will be optimal to possibly try some "assistance"... ( still have to be cool with this ethically ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right elbow and right shoulder ( more rear delt ) have been xtremely inflammed, since wednesday. Today the shoulder socket feels much better, so does the right elbow, but I am going to give it one more nights rest before I hit up jits tomorrow.

Tonight I will hit up lower body at the gym. Interested to see if I will have soreness and if that will effect my grappling.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Right elbow and right shoulder ( more rear delt ) have been xtremely inflammed, since wednesday. Today the shoulder socket feels much better, so does the right elbow, but I am going to give it one more nights rest before I hit up jits tomorrow.

Tonight I will hit up lower body at the gym. Interested to see if I will have soreness and if that will effect my grappling.

This sounds like some adhesions in the rotator cuff muscles (specifically the teres minor) and the thoracic spine.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This sounds like some adhesions in the rotator cuff muscles (specifically the teres minor) and the thoracic spine.
    Hm.. I'll have to google that. You think time off is the key ( one more night ), or some anti-inflammatory meds?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Hm.. I'll have to google that. You think time off is the key ( one more night ), or some anti-inflammatory meds?
    Grab a baseball, softball, etc. and roll it along your thoracic and in the armpit area where the lats/triceps tie-in.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Grab a baseball, softball, etc. and roll it along your thoracic and in the armpit area where the lats/triceps tie-in.
    Done. Rodja, once again, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found my foam roller and have been hitting the rear delt/arm pit area. I have not gone to jits all week, but tomorrow it's on.

For cardio I am doing the stairs at work, up to 4 times a day. It's something at least.

Also, I have been really wanting to get back to lifting... I really miss it ( being on schedule and everything ). Alas, when I do get back to the iron, it will bend more towards strength, power and explosivness then hypertrophy.