User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been sick for for almost a week now. Not going to expose my BJJ school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tying in Versa-1 experience into this log, until further notice

pasted from AM-

gonna hit legs light tonight.

Over the weekend, my agression was noticably higher. Also I decided to do some pull ups, and I should have warmed up. I was doing more pullups than I normally can, very strange after a layoff of 2 months. BUT.. I strained a muscle in my neck! No bueno. Still feels very painfull, but i'm managing. Like I said, I am going to do light legs tonight, otherwise I would have done chest and back.

Other stuff i'm noticing- More muscle fullness, increased hunger. Scale has not gone up or down so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday hit Chest and Back, instead of Legs, and last night ( tuesday ), hit legs. Both workouts were awesome. Drive, energy, recuperation between sets, all seem to have increased a level or two. Finding some parts have been more sore than usual, but we'll see if this continues next week. Definitely going to finish this bottle and get another one. The 2nd bottle I will throw in a couple more things, to make things interesting.

Took Wednesday off, and hitting delts and arms tonight.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 islandmagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is your knees hurting from BJJ.. my dam knees are sore
    1. Trust yourself 2. Break some rules 3. Don't be afraid to fail 4. Ignore the naysayers 5. Work like hell 6. Give something back.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either one of you ever been heelhooked?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 islandmagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes in practice-- It is a very dangerous move because you can break their Ankle in seconds... Yes it hurts like hell!
    1. Trust yourself 2. Break some rules 3. Don't be afraid to fail 4. Ignore the naysayers 5. Work like hell 6. Give something back.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    Yes in practice-- It is a very dangerous move because you can break their Ankle in seconds... Yes it hurts like hell!
    Blowing out the knee is the more likely scenario. Jorge Gurgel's career never recovered from the heelhook that Imanari put on him.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Blowing out the knee is the more likely scenario. Jorge Gurgel's career never recovered from the heelhook that Imanari put on him.

That did look pretty painful! That's too bad too because Jorge seems like a really cool person from the couple of conversations I've had with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    is your knees hurting from BJJ.. my dam knees are sore
    The time I have had away recently, they have gotten better, but trying to squat the other night... It was a no go. I had to go through my whole leg routine and do squats last. Even then, I had to put a plate under my heel, to get rid of the pain. i'll try the plate under the heel first thing, the next time I do legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Either one of you ever been heelhooked?
    Straight ankle lock, a lot, but I have not been heel hooked yet, nor do I want to.

I am only going to do jits once a week for a while. Joint pain got too much. I will heal back up and go back, but next time I will be more assertive in saying " lets roll light this day", and so on. Getting back into lifting feels awesome right now. I am working around the pain in my shoulder, but it started getting better with putting pressure on it, and just getting back into lifting in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Past updates:

"Oh man, phenominal workout tonight. Blasted Delts, Biceps and Triceps in one night. I just kept going and going, and a lot of strength came back vs last week. During the day I am finding myself in such a positive mood, and more energy throughout the day."

"Just the mood benefits are pretty amazing. But once you start working out, it's like "unlocking" a hidden energy and strength reserve. I'd be very interested to know if one can run this year round. Serisously, I am liking the effects that much."

"Well, good news.

I actually woke up early enough to make an "Open Mat" session at my BJJ school, and got the best workout of the year so far. After being away from Brazilian Jiujitsu for 2 months, I thought I would have cardio and endurance issues. It was the complete opposite! I had more energy, drive, agression, endurance, cardio- than I have had in years. The 2 month layoff normally would have reset my cardio and endurance back some, i'm just shocked.

I ended up rolling straight for about 20 minutes or more. Rested, did some bag work and a couple other things. All this too on only 3 hours sleep, and yes, I did have coffee with my Versa-1 that morning too.

Today I am feeling pretty good. Sore and spent, but it's all good.

To everyone at Usp labs... This may be my favorite Usp labs supplement so far- Prime and Powerfull have been at the top for years. Again, i'd like to know how long one can run Versa-1? "