User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazilian Jiujitsu

Going to carry over my log to here from PP.

I have a nice order coming from True Nutrition ( thanks for the code MattP ), and I hope to build a nice strong base for grappling over the next 2 months. The workouts are much different than my lifting routines, more cardio centric, but recovery is still very important. I will be lifting still, while doing jits, hoping to strengthen up certain positions. Here is a list of the supps I ordered, and how I will be using them-

Anabolic Pump- Nutrient repartitioner from usp labs.
    Carbonx- Supercarb from vpx.
    Con-Crete- Super concentrated creatine with no loading process.
    Silk Amino Acids- True Nutriton's own SAA in bulk powder. I very much liked BLOX.
    Leucine powder- Another bulk powder from TN.
    Releve- A joint product from mhp.
    Whey Isolate- Bulk protein powder from TN, chocolate flavor sweetened with stevia.

I plan on taking Anabolic Pump before grappling and mixing up this:
    Silk Amino Acids with 5 grams of Leucine, take Con-crete with this. drink half before jits, drink the rest by the middle of the session.
    Now i'm wondering I should use Carbonx in the 1st shake, for performance.

Post: Whey Iso 30 grams, scoop of Carbonx ( 25g carbs ), with 5g of Leucine. Take a 2nd dose of Con-Crete.
    Anyone think I should change up the order of supps here, please feel free to mention. I'd be interested in the change up.

Training Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday- Jits. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, some type of cardio. The weekends are either going to be rest days, or designed to do some powerlifting like movements- bench, military press, squats, deads, pullups, rows..

Cardio: Kettlebell swings, stair master, hiit treadmill...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting seeing how this plays out for you, good luck man.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit it hard Noa.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 naeydrin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks interesting, in for this!
    The people should not fear the government, the government should fear the people. V
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. General James Mattis USMC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for following guys. Well last week I did not go to jits class at all, but this week I will go Tuesday and Thursday. I'm probably going to lift on Friday and Saturday - Push then Pull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 3 weeks went by and I did NOTHING! Back at it today and it was interesting. I can really tell how much it effects me when I don't go to Jits regularly. Anyways, we had 4 rounds of rolling and I sat out 1 round. Did okay... I mainly just defend, defend, defend and if I see something, I'll go for the sub. It's the only way right now to get a good workout without getting my ass kicked completely.

Also going to be getting back to lifting, maybe this week. Also the supps, ( Concrete, Anabolic Pump, Carbonx, Whey Iso, SAA's ) are being used now. Obviously the concret kicked in and helped me out. The other stuff is to helpl with recovery and support protein needs, so the effects won't be obvious or noticable yet.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a full workout schedule. Good luck and I will be watching...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How has getting back on track been Noa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    How has getting back on track been Noa?
    Sometimes I just gives out or I tweak it. Long days standing up and I can't even stand up straight. I'm definatly weaker due to having probably just about 2 years away from the big core lifts, 'cept for bench. Otherwise I am working my way back to squats and deadlifts, but just being extra slow about going heavy. Due time...

Yesterday's Jits session: 1 to 10 rating, I would give it a 7. It was good. I notice I am a little weaker than when I started over a month ago though. Cardio is improving with each session. I now play with the little lady more and the dogs. Stairs feel easier to climb, I have more energy throughout the day and my back feels better. The intermittant fasting I think has robbed me a little bit from my energy and explosieveness, but I am looking a little bit smaller. Probably due to depletion of glycogen stores.

At night I did an upper body pushing workout and noticed I am a little weaker, but not by much. Pump was phenominal, due to loading back up on carbs after jits. Worked up to 10 plates on this nautilous/hammer strength type bench machine. This is where I noticed I was a little weaker. Did 3 sets of standing miliary press with 135. I felt weaker here too. Did some front raises and finished off with tricep pushdowns. This was my first weight session in probably over 3 weeks. The time off had something to do with strength loss, but overall I am not too disapointed with my strength.

I will actually try and get stronger in my lifts while keepling jits in my program. Tonight I will try and do Upper Body Pull program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday's training went well, but I probably could have gone a little harder. After Jits I had the energy to do some pull ups and do some monkey bars- much to my surprise. I can tell i'm getting in better condition on the mat and looking like I lost some weight.

I'm also really looking forward to my pulling day workout, so I can employ some curling for biceps. Lately though I have noticed that my lats get one hell of a workout just from training bjj.

Quick question to anyone reading: At your weight, how long can you hang from a straight bar? I would be shocked if anyone can do it for 5 minutes straight. Tomorrow if I go do bjj, I will try and test myself to see how long I can "hang".