Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
This shit sounds fun!!
I am starting to have a blast. I'm improving, so this makes it more enjoyable. Try it Scope, it could change your life.

[QUOTE=Turbo6GN;6819]
Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
I dig the kneebar the most I can only do it on upper belts and not on fellow white belts. I have only been able to get a kneebar on a blue belt, but we spoke before we rolled and agreed we could do them between the both of us ( im a white belt ). Otherwise the school I go to, kind of frowns upon any type of leg and footlock.

I hear if one is locked on you ( a footlock ), at first it's like "okay..." but then the next day it can really hurt and sometimes it can last for months... impeding your progress as a consequence.[/QUOTE

We don't allow our white belts to try footlocks or kneebars while rolling. The problem with a foot lock, heel hook or toe hold is it goes from tolerable discomfort (like defending a choke for example) to severe damage in an instant. There is no onset of pain to tell you to tap so you try to ride it out, next thing you know ker-snap!!
Yeah I kind of feel guilty. Against my carpooler/friend and jits partner, ( he is a blue belt ) we agreed to allow leg locks between each other.

Today it was instinct and I never agreed with my partner ( number 2 ), I just went for the kneebar. In kind he went for the ankle lock and I did'nt say shit. Fair is fair. I did not know that about severe damage in an instant, and I will try and avoid those types of holds. I do know that the upper UPPER belts do leg and foot locks on each other, but I will have to ask my coach what is expected and be patient if I can't do them ( yet ).