User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High GI carbs = insulin spike + postworkout insulin sensitivity = muscle gain, but insulin desensitized

No carbs postworkout = no insulin spike + insulin sensitivity after workout = maintain insulin sensitivity, helps a lot with fat loss

Low GI carbs postworkout = ???

Quote Originally Posted by dacookiemonsta View Post
    Couple questions... For a guy who just gets finished lifting weights what is your best carb source to ingest with protein?

I swear to god one week I read a slow acting carb then the next week I read you need a fast acting carb to get into the bloodstream quicker. Gives me a headache.

By the way where is this preworkout powder at already!?!?! I still have your work number don't make me give you a call tomorrow.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNMike View Post
    Mixing PeptoPRO with micellar casein defeats the purpose of the PeptoPRO. I cant stress this enough, and there are studies to back it. PeptoPRO should be used by itself. When considering peptopro, approach it as you would bcaa supplementation. You wouldnt mix bcaas with other proteins most likely. Same with PeptoPRO. In fact peptopro has been shown to work better in lower carbohydrate environments than higher ones. I want everyone to benefit and use the products we sell correctly. Part of the truth in marketing we do here at PN
    If one utilizes carbs preworkout, do you recommend only using Pepto Pro intra and post then?

Sponsor Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dacookiemonsta View Post
    Couple questions... For a guy who just gets finished lifting weights what is your best carb source to ingest with protein?

I swear to god one week I read a slow acting carb then the next week I read you need a fast acting carb to get into the bloodstream quicker. Gives me a headache.

By the way where is this preworkout powder at already!?!?! I still have your work number don't make me give you a call tomorrow.
    to answer your question about carbs, it depends on what your goals are. If looking to add muscle without regard for fat, then CarboSLIN. If looking to try and do a "bulk", then oats plus. Here's the thing, without seeing your diet all day, its really hard to answer this question, plus so many other things come into play. Training style, diet construction, body type. To blanket statement answer your question, HIGH GLYCEMIC post-workout, low-glycemic the rest of the day.

As far as the preworkout, i have a finished product right here. Afraid to release it because it tastes like a warhead candy. Its that sour. It works great, no added stims, but i really fear its too sour for most and i can already see the negative publicity because it doesnt taste like company x's and their product tastes like Kool-Aid
    Visit RxWhey.com for all your protein and supplement needs. You loved us on Primordial, now we're here to help you on get swole at Swole Source.

For nutritional and training tips, flash sales, and more, visit us at Facebook.com/RxWhey

Sponsor Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    If one utilizes carbs preworkout, do you recommend only using Pepto Pro intra and post then?
    with peptopro i recommend protein pulses. 5g of PeptoPro every 5-10 minutes til finished. Then you can pile on the carbs...so H2S, here is a scenario

Pre = Carbs and Leucine/BCAAs

Intra = Carbs (Less than 20g) and Pepto Pro or Leucine

Post = Protein pulse of PeptoPro followed by high glycemic carbs 10 minutes after finishing PeptoPRO

Search John Meadows and Mark Dugdale. They are working together this year. John has Mark doing pulses of peptopro as i have recommended also.
    Visit RxWhey.com for all your protein and supplement needs. You loved us on Primordial, now we're here to help you on get swole at Swole Source.

For nutritional and training tips, flash sales, and more, visit us at Facebook.com/RxWhey

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to answer your question about carbs, it depends on what your goals are. If looking to add muscle without regard for fat, then CarboSLIN. If looking to try and do a "bulk", then oats plus. Here's the thing, without seeing your diet all day, its really hard to answer this question, plus so many other things come into play. Training style, diet construction, body type. To blanket statement answer your question, HIGH GLYCEMIC post-workout, low-glycemic the rest of the day.

As far as the preworkout, i have a finished product right here. Afraid to release it because it tastes like a warhead candy. Its that sour. It works great, no added stims, but i really fear its too sour for most and i can already see the negative publicity because it doesnt taste like company x's and their product tastes like Kool-Aid
    i like the workout layout, ontop of being a big fan of meadows (hes worked alot with vaillant from here as well, got him his can title)
    the postwo approach is interesting, as iv gone problend immediately post, and 1hr later meal with protein and carbs, im gonna do your way and have the peptopro and karbolyn in the car waiting (ill grab carboslin when im out)

sour is always good, i was a kool aid guy years ago admittedly

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with peptopro i recommend protein pulses. 5g of PeptoPro every 5-10 minutes til finished. Then you can pile on the carbs...so H2S, here is a scenario

Post = Protein pulse of PeptoPro followed by high glycemic carbs 10 minutes after finishing PeptoPRO

Search John Meadows and Mark Dugdale. They are working together this year. John has Mark doing pulses of peptopro as i have recommended also.
    Good info, much appreciated.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be down for this sour ass pre workout.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I'd be down for this sour ass pre workout.
    Likewise. But I already hit up peptopro, creatine hcl, agmatine sulfate, and citrulline malate pre workout...

- - - Updated - - -

What carbs are you talking about intra?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Nice adding banaba leaf. BBG, how does that shake taste and what flavore are you using for casein?
    NOA, I use the chocolate casein and its F-ING AMAZING! I've never tried a casein protein that tasted so good, PN did it right just as they do everything else!! PN is the only place I get sups from these days!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    NOA, I use the chocolate casein and its F-ING AMAZING! I've never tried a casein protein that tasted so good, PN did it right just as they do everything else!! PN is the only place I get sups from these days!
    Back in September I grabbed a couple jugs of casein from vitaminshoppe and it smells bad. Taste is okay. I usually end up eating cottage cheese at night or just a casein shake. I am digging the peptopro from PN though.